Main Core Board Replacement
8303 21 2018-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdebf8e13
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116109 ft
United States

I just replaced the main core board in my MP and the dji go app keeps telling me cannot take off then nfz limit puts up shortly after that. i did not have this problem before i replaced it. I am not in a nfz area and tried my drone elsewhere and still get cannot take off error or nfz limit.  I read and im not exactly sure how to do it, but does the new main board need to be registered or activated with DJI, I mean could that be the reason i cant take off?  Any help would be much appreciated..
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. Just a  friendly reminder, we don't recommend you to repair the drone by yourself because it can void your warranty. In you case, I would recommend you post some sample photos of the issue so that our co- pilots here can give you a better recommendation about your case. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-8-10
Use props
fansdebf8e13
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-10 02:57
Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. Just a  friendly reminder, we don't recommend you to repair the drone by yourself because it can void your warranty. In you case, I would recommend you post some sample photos of the issue so that our co- pilots here can give you a better recommendation about your case. Thanks for your understanding.

I appreciate you're concern, i think before we start taking pictures and sending videos, if you would please, lets rule out weather or not a "new" main board needs to be activated/registered with DJI after a replacement.   If the answer is yes, then obviously the question is, does DJI prevent drone customers from flying due to a failure to activate or register DJI drone...Please advise thank you....
2018-8-10
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

fansdebf8e13 Posted at 2018-8-10 04:56
I appreciate you're concern, i think before we start taking pictures and sending videos, if you would please, lets rule out weather or not a "new" main board needs to be activated/registered with DJI after a replacement.   If the answer is yes, then obviously the question is, does DJI prevent drone customers from flying due to a failure to activate or register DJI drone...Please advise thank you....

May i ask why not just register/activate the drone? if it does ask you to.
2018-8-10
Use props
fansdebf8e13
lvl.2
United States

rolling56 Posted at 2018-8-10 06:05

It did not ask and was hoping it would.  
2018-8-10
Use props
fansdebf8e13
lvl.2
United States

rolling56 Posted at 2018-8-10 06:05

Also, the replacement went smoothly nothing that i havent seen before.  all systems work and calibrate, it just wont let the motors spin.  And as i indicated above, this board is telling me I'm nfz wherever i go, the old board did not do that and the only reason i replaced it was because i believe thatl some of the sensors are compromised due to a few horrific crashes..
2018-8-10
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I think "Thunderdrones" at the mavic forum has a shop so you might call him or ask at the mavic forum.  Link https://mavicpilots.com/
2018-8-10
Use props
fansdebf8e13
lvl.2
United States

rolling56 Posted at 2018-8-10 07:05
I think "Thunderdrones" at the mavic forum has a shop so you might call him or ask at the mavic forum.  Link https://mavicpilots.com/

thank you for the referral.   
2018-8-10
Use props
Optimus_Prime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Can you try to use Android device with fake GPS to lock on another area which you believe doesn't nfz and see if it helps. Good luck
2018-8-10
Use props
fansdebf8e13
lvl.2
United States

Interesting idea..  what i ended up having to do was put in more effort to find the answer.  I did finally find it. Unfortunately, it wasn't here...
2018-8-13
Use props
Sim-Y
lvl.4
Flight distance : 75502 ft

have you updated it to latest f/w , and updated the nfz database?
2018-8-13
Use props
fans57ab4fa7
lvl.1
United States

fansdebf8e13 Posted at 2018-8-13 01:12
Interesting idea..  what i ended up having to do was put in more effort to find the answer.  I did finally find it. Unfortunately, it wasn't here...

Would you mind telling us how you fixed it??  I am replacing my mainboard, brand new, from a reputable source, and don't want to have the same problem
2019-8-27
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

I think it may have to do with the level of firmware on the "new" main board.
Unfortunatly, your AC has been updated with the new board.
See post 7 above, Rob might be able to help, but I think you may have to "live with it",
unless you can either down rev it, or try the non DJI way:  
NLD.
Period.
2019-8-27
Use props
fans7d31aa69
New
United Kingdom

So my camera went blurry last June.  Firmware downgrade remedied the issue.  Since then i have had to downgrade and upgrade the drone to get control of the camera until a few weeks ago when i lost complete control of the gimbal.

What i find strange is that the issue first ever started  with a firmware upgrade.  Now the drone has been inspected and repaired and core board failure was reported.  The replacement cost alot of money.  

Can a firmware trash the main controller?

I started to get firmware failures at 40% but i think that's due to the gimbal not being recognized.  A manual calibration using the laptop screen was coming back ok.

2020-1-31
Use props
djiuser_0JtOP2kF7lW2
New
United States

Hi, I had the DJI Mavic Mini I purchase the Main Core Circuit Board - Flight Controller Sensor after I connect everything it giving me the same error as your.. Is anyway u can provide me info on how to fixed Pleaseee...
2020-8-1
Use props
benjamino555
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_0JtOP2kF7lW2 Posted at 8-1 10:49
Hi, I had the DJI Mavic Mini I purchase the Main Core Circuit Board - Flight Controller Sensor after I connect everything it giving me the same error as your.. Is anyway u can provide me info on how to fixed Pleaseee...

Did you ever fix this?
2020-9-9
Use props
fans8bdc111a
New

United States

what can make a main core board go bad ? I flew my Mavic air 5 times no issues then it sat in the case for a year no battery was in it and then it was bad just wondering why im paying 221 dollars to get something fixed that had no issue the last time I used it
2020-9-29
Use props
MrSmileygc
lvl.2
Thailand

I read this post with much interest, I also didnt use my M2 Zoom for a few months, then i had severe antenna and disconnect issues when I tried to fly. I tried in different locations and even tried my friends M2 which worked perfectly. I contacted DJI support and was given the details of DJI Service agent here in Thailand. They initially repaired the drone and sent it back. But the issue was even worse, now they have quoted $1000+ to replace the Core Board. I too dont understand why my Core Board would fail through lack of use.
2021-2-24
Use props
MrSmileygc
lvl.2
Thailand

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-10 02:57

My drone was 2 years old when this happened...
I read this post with much interest, I also didnt use my M2 Zoom for a few months, then i had severe antenna and disconnect issues when I tried to fly. I tried in different locations and even tried my friends M2 which worked perfectly. I contacted DJI support and was given the details of DJI Service agent here in Thailand. They initially repaired the drone and sent it back. But the issue was even worse, now they have quoted $1000+ to replace the Core Board. I too dont understand why my Core Board would fail through lack of use.
I would be interested in a DJI response why lack of use caused a core board to fail....??
2021-2-24
Use props
MrSmileygc
lvl.2
Thailand

How did you fix it?
I also didnt use my M2 Zoom for a few months, then i had severe antenna and disconnect issues when I tried to fly. I tried in different locations and even tried my friends M2 which worked perfectly. I contacted DJI support and was given the details of DJI Service agent here in Thailand. They initially repaired the drone and sent it back. But the issue was even worse, now they have quoted $1000+ to replace the Core Board. I too dont understand why my Core Board would fail through lack of use.
2021-2-24
Use props
djiuser_wsUZnPcSSkgN
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi everyone i have replaced my mavic 3 main core board and now getting an error message can not take off vision sensor calibration error but have done the calibration via dji assist still same issue have unplugged the vision sensor from the core board to see if i get the same error message and still the same anyone knows whats happening if the board i have bought is faulty ? Or the vision sensors ?
2023-6-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_wsUZnPcSSkgN Posted at 6-8 14:13
Hi everyone i have replaced my mavic 3 main core board and now getting an error message can not take off vision sensor calibration error but have done the calibration via dji assist still same issue have unplugged the vision sensor from the core board to see if i get the same error message and still the same anyone knows whats happening if the board i have bought is faulty ? Or the vision sensors ?

Hello there. We're deeply sorry for the inconvenience. You may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules