Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
SSD ProRes vs H.264, shocking result..
1181 2 2018-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans96813519
lvl.1
Norway

I always want to give my clients the best format and shoot mostely in DNG. But somtimes the client want something else than laaarge files. I test recorded both H.264 on micro SD and prores 422 on a SSD in DLOG. Guess what, the H.264 looks CRAPP in DLOG while the SSD looks great. AND NOW THE INTERESTING THING... Then I turned the SSD recording off and shot the same picture only in H.264 also in DLOG. The difference is like a million years.. It was actually better than the pores 422 image from the SSD. I was shocked and still are..   For now, I think Ill only use the SSD for DNG recording and H.264 on the micro SD as regular and not the Prores. Anyone noticed this before???
2018-8-10
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

It’s been pretty well known since the introduction of EI mode that d-log in h-264 was broken. By turning off the ssd, you're essentially turning off EI mode.. but are you now able to shoot d/log with the ssd off? If so that’s great, although I’d caution using the term “better”. It’s sharper, but less detailed, and has a lot of color smearing, compression artifacts, and other errors. It’s not a codec I’d ever hand off to a client, lest some future editor/colorist informing the client that they start using his cousin instead :-)
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello. Sorry for the late response. Can you provide a sample pictures showing the problem?
2018-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules