Is this DJI email reply acceptable?
1946 16 2018-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BearInTheWoods
lvl.1

Canada

Hi guys, first post on here.
I’m a little upset by the email reply I received from dji. I’ll attach my email and DJI’s reply and I’d like forum users to tell me if the reply I received was acceptable...

If I’m honest it’s put me off buying a DJI drone for sure now.
2506578A-E44A-4A34-85C4-3EAC473FF447.jpeg
C7344C55-1971-45D0-8CB5-6F97AABB3376.png
2AE5293A-5687-4A74-9B8C-2F2E79EDA652.jpeg
2018-8-10
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Go to Best Buy maybe? I think they price match?
oh ya Does a bear $hIt in the woods? I finally got to ask a bear in the woods!
2018-8-10
Use props
dbparti024
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3343 ft

United States

rolling56 Posted at 2018-8-10 05:56

Yes Best Buy will Price match
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We really do apologize for this troubles. I will get in touch with the correct department for me to help you with this. We're here to help you. Thank you.
2018-8-10
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

Large Retailers frequency mix up photos for items on websites.  It's an enormous job to maintain hundreds of thousands of skews from various mfr's who obviously change their products routinely.

Walmart is a pretty reliable retailer, and all you have to do is inspect the product when you pick it up. Meaning, if it's not a stocked item, have it shipped to the store.  Open the package with the clerks approval, and inspect right there BEFORE you leave the store.  Most Walmart's have an Electronics counter in the back, and you have all the time in the world to check everything out and ensure you are getting what you anticipated.  If not, get an immediate refund.  I would also bring a print out of the DJI Mavic Air FM pkg to show what is supposed to be included in the event you find a discrepancy.

Pretty easy.
2018-8-10
Use props
BearInTheWoods
lvl.1

Canada

rolling56 Posted at 2018-8-10 05:56

hey man, when ya gotta go ya gotta go
2018-8-10
Use props
BearInTheWoods
lvl.1

Canada

I went into Best Buy actually before I contacted DJI directly. They wouldn’t price match because the photo shows different to what a fly more combo is. They disregarded the description, looked at the photo showing what was in the box and said no. It’s just left confusion among everyone. The disappointment now is the rather unemotional cooperate email from DJI which didn’t even acknowledge the issue!.
2018-8-10
Use props
BearInTheWoods
lvl.1

Canada

Corporate * not cooperate
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

BearInTheWoods Posted at 2018-8-10 07:58
I went into Best Buy actually before I contacted DJI directly. They wouldn’t price match because the photo shows different to what a fly more combo is. They disregarded the description, looked at the photo showing what was in the box and said no. It’s just left confusion among everyone. The disappointment now is the rather unemotional cooperate email from DJI which didn’t even acknowledge the issue!.

This is not the experience we want for you and we're sorry to hear about the service you've had with us. I'd like to further check on this, could you please PM us the email address that you used to contact us? We'll investigate and make sure to learn from the details for us to improve and provide more professional customer service. I visited  walmart.ca and searched for DJI Mavic Air Fly More Combo , but I wasn't able to find this item that cost $1,079. Can you also provide the specific link so we can check? Thank you.
2018-8-10
Use props
BearInTheWoods
lvl.1

Canada

So upon replying to DJI Diana above, I’ve found that Walmart has sneakily corrected their website. Either from my contact directly with them, or with my contact with DJI and this thread, but I did manage to take some screenshots beforehand.
I’ll post them below.
2018-8-10
Use props
BearInTheWoods
lvl.1

Canada

Below is the imagine of what is in Walmart.ca website now...
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi BearInTheWoods, we apologize if you think the response from our sales team isn't proper, since Walmart is not DJI official website, our after-sales support team may not have any info of them. If the Walmart agent said the combo is shipped from DJI directly, it should be the same as the combo in our official online store. If the combo misses anything when you place the order and receive it, you can always contact Walmart or DJI for assistance.
If you still have any concern about it, it is recommended to purchase the combo from DJI official online store so that we can provide support any time, appreciate your understanding.
2018-8-10
Use props
BearInTheWoods
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-10 22:50
Hi BearInTheWoods, we apologize if you think the response from our sales team isn't proper, since Walmart is not DJI official website, our after-sales support team may not have any info of them. If the Walmart agent said the combo is shipped from DJI directly, it should be the same as the combo in our official online store. If the combo misses anything when you place the order and receive it, you can always contact Walmart or DJI for assistance.
If you still have any concern about it, it is recommended to purchase the combo from DJI official online store so that we can provide support any time, appreciate your understanding.

Tell me DJI Mindy, do YOU think the reply was proper?, I mean it didn’t even make any sense. Whoever it was that replied had a very poor understanding of English and totally dismissed everything I had written. I certainly will not be buying anything from DJI after this whole fiasco!
2018-8-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

BearInTheWoods Posted at 2018-8-11 03:23
Tell me DJI Mindy, do YOU think the reply was proper?, I mean it didn’t even make any sense. Whoever it was that replied had a very poor understanding of English and totally dismissed everything I had written. I certainly will not be buying anything from DJI after this whole fiasco!

Thank you for providing us your email address thru PM, We'll investigate and make sure to learn from the details for us to improve and provide more professional customer service. We also replied on your PM, kindly check on it.
2018-8-11
Use props
BearInTheWoods
lvl.1

Canada

So after several PM’s and 2 phone calls from DJI staff (who I might add need more English language lessons).... they told me nothing more than the original email reply - that I should just go onto the DJI store - I’m very let down by this whole experience from what I thought was a good global company. I won’t be making a purchase now or in the future. If DJI want to charge $1349 for a camera drone then they better work on their support and service.

2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BearInTheWoods Posted at 2018-8-14 12:46
So after several PM’s and 2 phone calls from DJI staff (who I might add need more English language lessons).... they told me nothing more than the original email reply - that I should just go onto the DJI store - I’m very let down by this whole experience from what I thought was a good global company. I won’t be making a purchase now or in the future. If DJI want to charge $1349 for a camera drone then they better work on their support and service.

I understand how you feel and very sorry about it. We still hope that you would have a nice trip with DJI product, we'll keep learning and offer a better experience for the customers we valued. Anyway, we respect your decision and wish you have a good day.
2018-8-15
Use props
BearInTheWoods
lvl.1

Canada

I’m pretty sure it’s a cultural thing.
2018-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules