No camera picture.
730 3 2015-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hjf
lvl.1

United States

So I completed a ribbon cable replacement (thanks to a crash); and I got everything hooked up, put back, re-aligned, and working great.  The gimbal operates perfectly, and the V2+ flies perfectly.  My only problem now is that I have no picture from the camera.

The crash that broke the ribbon cable was relatively minor (if there is such a thing) and I doubt the camera itself was damaged.  I'm also fairly certain that I installed the new cable exactly correctly (I was very careful.)  I do have a good wifi connection; and I can take stills and videos (of nothing); but the camera just isn't sending the image to the smartphone.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting this issue?

2015-5-25
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

First thing, have you updated the firmware for the quad and the camera to the latest version, have you uninstalled and reinstalled the app, tried rebinding the extender, all the usual stuff.

If so and it still happens then the issue may be with the WIFI unit inside the quad, it has been known to fail due to overheating etc, they aren't cheap, on ebay they go for around 130 GBP

Im sure someone else will be along soon with some other ideas
2015-5-26
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

When all else fails go back to ground zero... Double check the locks on the camera where you installed the camera cable. Then double check the three plugs from the plane to the gimbal. Make sure they are fully seated. Then if that don't do it relax the software for a fresh start. Good luck!
2015-5-26
Use props
hjf
lvl.1

United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-5-26 18:39
When all else fails go back to ground zero... Double check the locks on the camera where you install ...

Thanks.  I'll try that later today.  Do you know which of the three plugs serves the camera feed?
2015-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules