Exposure Not Staying Locked with iPhone 8 Plus
960 10 2018-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kfrag42
New

United States

I just recently purchased the Osmo Mobile 2 and I've been experimenting with it using my iPhone 8 Plus. For some reason the exposure isn't staying locked. For instance, I'm trying to capture a motion lapse. First, I tried without manual exposure - I enabled AE/AF Lock and set my A & B points, but as soon as I click "start" the exposure resets and goes way out of whack (too over exposed). Second, I tried with manual exposure enabled. I manually set the ISO, Shutter Speed & White Balance, but same problem again. Even with manual exposure turned on, as soon as I hit "start" on the motion lapse, the exposure changes slightly and then auto adjusts during the motion lapse. Any idea what could be causing this? Maybe a bug with the DJI Go app?
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello. Sorry for the late response. Did you try to reinstall the app?
2018-8-13
Use props
kfrag42
New

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-13 09:03
Hello. Sorry for the late response. Did you try to reinstall the app?

No problem. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app three times to no avail. I've been emailing back and forth with a DJI Technical Support agent and just this morning, she forwarded the issue to the Engineering Department for further checking.

I put a screen recording here on Dropbox illustrating what is happening. In this video, I'm attempting to record a Motion Lapse. First, I locked the exposure and purposely decreased the brightness to be slightly underexposed to clearly demonstrate what is happening. Then, I set my A & B points and intervals but as soon as I hit start, the camera auto exposes to a random point on the screen before automatically starting to record. I've noticed that this happens when I try to record Timelapses and even normal video to a certain degree. This is very frustrating because you don't want the camera to be changing exposure during a time lapse or motion lapse because the final video will not look smooth.

I've tried enabling the manual camera control option to manually set the ISO, Shutter Speed and White Balance, but the auto exposure changes seem to occur to a certain degree - even in manual mode. To my knowledge, I'm running the most recent version of the DJI Go App (v 3.1.42 (2932)) on my iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 11.4.1 and the firmware on my Osmo Mobile 2 is up to date as well.

Thank you for any help/insight you can provide!!!
2018-8-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

kfrag42 Posted at 2018-8-13 09:32
No problem. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app three times to no avail. I've been emailing back and forth with a DJI Technical Support agent and just this morning, she forwarded the issue to the Engineering Department for further checking.

I put a screen recording here on Dropbox illustrating what is happening. In this video, I'm attempting to record a Motion Lapse. First, I locked the exposure and purposely decreased the brightness to be slightly underexposed to clearly demonstrate what is happening. Then, I set my A & B points and intervals but as soon as I hit start, the camera auto exposes to a random point on the screen before automatically starting to record. I've noticed that this happens when I try to record Timelapses and even normal video to a certain degree. This is very frustrating because you don't want the camera to be changing exposure during a time lapse or motion lapse because the final video will not look smooth.

I see. We'll confirm this with our engineers and check if they are any solution provided. Can you also send a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end showing the problem?
2018-8-13
Use props
kfrag42
New

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-13 09:55
I see. We'll confirm this with our engineers and check if they are any solution provided. Can you also send a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end showing the problem?

Thanks. Were you not able to open the link I included in my last post? It was a screen recording from my phone of what's happening. Here it is again: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wyixmq90s25md6y/IMG_5023.MOV?dl=0
2018-8-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

kfrag42 Posted at 2018-8-13 10:12
Thanks. Were you not able to open the link I included in my last post? It was a screen recording from my phone of what's happening. Here it is again: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wyixmq90s25md6y/IMG_5023.MOV?dl=0

Thank you for the response. Did you try to record in a different location?
2018-8-14
Use props
kfrag42
New

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-14 00:56
Thank you for the response. Did you try to record in a different location?

Yes, I've tried recording in a few different locations now. Each time, the same issue seems to occur. The app automatically resets exposure as soon as I hit start.
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

kfrag42 Posted at 2018-8-14 10:59
Yes, I've tried recording in a few different locations now. Each time, the same issue seems to occur. The app automatically resets exposure as soon as I hit start.

Thank you. Did you try to use a different mobile device?
2018-8-15
Use props
dontod
New

United Kingdom

kfrag42 Posted at 2018-8-14 10:59

I have exactly the same issue - did you ever get a resolution?

Thanks,

Don.
2019-2-3
Use props
Smi77y
New
United States

dontod Posted at 2-3 08:39
I have exactly the same issue - did you ever get a resolution?

Thanks,

I too am having this issue exactly. Has there been a resolution? I’ve tried everything! iPhone XS Max with osmos mobil 2. Tried re installing restarting phone, etc.
2019-5-22
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Same here, iPhone x.
And why is there no response and solution from Dji here???
2019-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules