Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is DJI discontinuing the OSMO?
12743 5 2018-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tervist
Captain
Flight distance : 20830 ft
United States

I'm looking to purchase an OSMO and aside from one refurbished one in the DJI online store, the only ones I see are the OSMO Pros and the OSMO Raw Combo, which are out of my price range. The OSMO Mobile 2 does not work well with the iPhone 8+, which is the phone I have, so that one is not an option either. The OSMO is within my price range, but I'm wondering if DJI is discontinuing it since it's not available in their store. And, if that is the plan, then will they be releasing a newer version? I'm not sure whether I should go ahead and purchase one or just wait for a newer versrion.
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. Can you try to check on our retailer stores? You can use this link : (https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy). I hope this will help.
2018-8-11
Use props
kowal63
First Officer
Flight distance : 579843 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-11 03:18
Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. Can you try to check on our retailer stores? You can use this link : (https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy). I hope this will help.

yes they are end of life...mavic pro....Phantom 4...too
2018-9-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there!

As more advanced products are released, older products (Mavic Pro, Osmo, Phantom Series Products) reach their End of Life (EOL). But the product is still available on DJI’s official online store, we will continue to provide after-sales services for it.

Thank you for your understanding and support.
2018-9-9
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-9 05:54
Hello there!

As more advanced products are released, older products (Mavic Pro, Osmo, Phantom Series Products) reach their End of Life (EOL). But the product is still available on DJI’s official online store, we will continue to provide after-sales services for it.

Hi Wanda.  
Just some information regarding what is available in the DJI Store.  I'm a U.S. customer and have ordered from the Store a number of times.  However, when I tried to order the (original) Osmo I received the message, "Product not available in your country" (!)  -or something to that effect!  I tried to order it using different browsers ( FireFox, Opera, Safari ), with VPN on and off, and trying to order without first logging into my Account.  Kept getting the same answer ".... not available."  

I -was- however, able to order one through  an online retailer in the US.  I just wanted you and possibly other U.S. customers the frustration... it's seemingly not available to us.

And finally, the online retailer from which I ordered listed the Osmo as "Closeout" and I wouldn't be able to return it if necessary.  So... the question remains... has DJI stopped producing the Osmo, and if so, how long will it be supported?  Is my brand new Osmo "orphaned?"  
2018-9-12
Use props
fansd2852ae1
lvl.1

I’m returning my Osmo+ for a refund.  After speaking with a DJI rep today, I was less than impressed with his responses and got a feeling the Osmo is a dead product.  The Osmo+ and the Osmo Pro are not that old of products relatively speaking.  And for some reason they are not available to buy from any authorized dealer anymore.  My Osmo+ is buggy as all get out and I cannot rely on a product like this for professional work.  And it costs too much to be so unreliable anyway.  The gimbal has stopped and started working like 5 different times today and it will not connect to the camera anymore.  DJI suggested I speak with the company that I bought it from.  3rd party on Amazon.  I said forget it...I’m sending it back for good.  The best DJI can come up with right now is the Pocket?  Really???  Huge step down.  Obviously they had to go back to the drawing board on this Osmo and I can see why.  Way too many issues I see out there with it.  I’ve been a Phantom owner since P2.  Own the P4 now.  I’ve had great success with these and never any issues.  So needless to say I am very disappointed in DJI about this product and they way they gave up on it.  I won’t buy another electric gimbal camera from them until I can see that they make something better than the Pocket and I can see that it’s more reliable than this bad product.
2019-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules