Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI hoover very unstable ?
1649 17 2018-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyFonagerDK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 245013 ft
Denmark

Hi there,

I have had a Spark drone since last summer, and have 50+ hours flight time with it - I enjoy using it for photos.

Sadly, I lost my Spark drone and bought a new used drone - but, I think this is not as stable in the air, when its hovering.

Its moving alot from side to side, but it do return to the initial position - more or less ...

I have recorded a video - there is a little wind, but its not much - look at the trees behind the drone.

I have flown in much worse wind without issues, with the first Spark drone.

Do you think anything is wrong with it ? Also, listen to the propellers, I really think the engines sound "different" than normal.

I have calibrated everything several times and every firmware is updated.

All comments are welcome :-)

2018-8-10
Use props
BeastMaster_101
First Officer
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

Honestly its not that bad. I mean considering the wind that I see + prop guards its not terrible. Try the same without prop guards. I dont think your drone has an issue
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for having troubles with your DJI Spark. You mention that you calibrated several times, have you tried calibrating the IMU as well? I will be posting a video below with the step by step guide of the IMU calibration and let us know what happens. We're here to help you. Thank you.

2018-8-10
Use props
Carmenvail
First Officer
Flight distance : 1521201 ft
United States

I would say it is stable, don't forget the prop guards increase the surface area of the AC giving the wind something to push against / grab on to and so on. I agree with @beasemaster_101. it hovers just fine, try it without the guards....
2018-8-10
Use props
TonyFonagerDK
lvl.4
Denmark

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-10 12:36
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for having troubles with your DJI Spark. You mention that you calibrated several times, have you tried calibrating the IMU as well? I will be posting a video below with the step by step guide of the IMU calibration and let us know what happens. We're here to help you. Thank you.

IMU Calibration

Yes, as I wrote - I have calibrated everything, including the IMU :-)
2018-8-10
Use props
TonyFonagerDK
lvl.4
Denmark

Thanks for the replies - I will try again tomorrow without prop guards!
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

TonyFonagerDK Posted at 2018-8-10 13:35
Thanks for the replies - I will try again tomorrow without prop guards!

Please keep us posted if the problem is still the same. Thanks for your support.
2018-8-11
Use props
Greg F
Captain
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

If it is a second hand drone do you know how many flight hours the previous owner put on it?...  Could be just wear and tear on everything as well..    Are the props in ok condition??    Could also just be the odd wind gust moving it around..   

Edit : I have read in many places that as your drone ages (flight hours) it never flies as well as when it was new.  Obviously everything must wear due to usage.
2018-8-11
Use props
Chuck101
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27815 ft
United States

Tony, I noticed two things that are different about your drone vs mine and the Spark manual information.

1. Your front LED's are OFF when the manual says the should be on solid red. Mine are always on solid red.
2. I see two flashing LED's on the right side of the front sensor window.  Mine does not have that nor does the manual reference it.

Can you or an Admin explain why this is?
2018-8-11
Use props
S.J
Captain
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

Chuck101 Posted at 2018-8-11 05:44
Tony, I noticed two things that are different about your drone vs mine and the Spark manual information.

1. Your front LED's are OFF when the manual says the should be on solid red. Mine are always on solid red.

Somebody is standing in front of the AC by <2 meters as obstacle and therefore the RED flashing on the sensor
2018-8-11
Use props
Chuck101
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27815 ft
United States

S.J Posted at 2018-8-11 06:55
Somebody is standing in front of the AC by

That explains item 2. How about item 1?
2018-8-11
Use props
nixuspix
Captain
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

How strong was the wind at the moment of hovering? Look like it just is fighting with the wind
2018-8-11
Use props
tume
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29442 ft
Finland

Chuck101 Posted at 2018-8-11 07:02
That explains item 2. How about item 1?

Video rec is on = no leds.
2018-8-11
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

What is under the Spark? Gras?
2018-8-11
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Chuck101 Posted at 2018-8-11 05:44

1. Your front LED's are OFF when the manual says the should be on solid red. Mine are always on solid red.

2: Look at your Spark through a video cam! It is infrared
2018-8-11
Use props
Blellow
Captain
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Change the props w new dji props.
2018-8-11
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

Seems Stable to me. Remember that the Spark is very small and when you where Hovering there was some wind, so it needs to fight back to keep the GPS Positioning. You have nothing wrong with the Spark Mate.

2018-8-11
Use props
TonyFonagerDK
lvl.4
Denmark

Thanks for all the replies - I will try answer most of it here :

1) the red leds flashing, can only be seen thru my camera - looking directly at the drone, you cannot see them.
2) Not that crazy much wind, as you can see from the tree behind it - but some wind, yes
3) It was a demo drone from a shop, so it does not have many hours flying - at least thats what he said.
4) I will try putting on brand new props.
5) I tried flying without the guards, not that much a change.
2018-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules