Ronin-S / Blackmagic Question
4183 8 2018-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
markcohn
New

United States

Hello,

Forgive me if this has previously been addressed, but I did not find it in any seraches I did. I just joined as I'm very interested in purchasing a Ronin-S.  I was looking at the M for my older 4k Production Camera, but the lighter S with a new small camera as a second rig seems like it may be the move. I saw the new BM 4k Pocket Cam / Ronin-S vids from NAB, but I'm curious as to why there are NO Blackmagic Cameras on the current compatibility list at all? Seems the Micro Cinema Cam is used with DJI drones a lot, and it's size with a Video Assist or some other external monitor would work great with a Ronin-S. There is no way to use the expansion cable with USB-C somehow? Just curious why they seem to be ignored.

I've just fallen for "vaporware" a few too many times, so I'm wondering if any Blackmagic support with the Ronin-S is really possible, or will quietly fade in 6 months...

Thanks,
Mark
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Mark, thanks for your interest in Ronin-S, the Ronin-S can be stabilized when being used with cameras that weigh less than 3.6 kg, with a width smaller than or equal to 205 mm, and a height less than or equal to 150 mm. However, some camera models may not be able to be controlled with the Ronin-S. Our engineers are working on testing more cameras and developing more features, please note our website about the future release, thank you.
2018-8-10
Use props
iSkyUnmannedSystems
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7152087 ft
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-10 23:23
Hi Mark, thanks for your interest in Ronin-S, the Ronin-S can be stabilized when being used with cameras that weigh less than 3.6 kg, with a width smaller than or equal to 205 mm, and a height less than or equal to 150 mm. However, some camera models may not be able to be controlled with the Ronin-S. Our engineers are working on testing more cameras and developing more features, please note our website about the future release, thank you.

Hi Mindy, you guys need to be all over this for development wise. The camera falls well within the maximum size to work on the Ronin S. This camera is going to be very popular M4/£ shooter for sure.
2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

iSkyUnmannedSystems Posted at 2018-9-13 11:08
Hi Mindy, you guys need to be all over this for development wise. The camera falls well within the maximum size to work on the Ronin S. This camera is going to be very popular M4/£ shooter for sure.

Hi there, we are working very hard on testing more cameras and adding more features, please allow us more time and note the future update in our website, thanks for your attention.
2018-9-17
Use props
Stephen Michael Shevchuk
New

Canada

Definitely get on looking at it! Lots of sales since this is a video only camera - a perfect pair for the Ronin-S.
2018-9-17
Use props
Duca
lvl.1

I am still interest to this development.
Maybe Dji Mindy you might be interested in this very accurate article (https://jamiebrightmore.com/film ... th-the-dji-ronin-s/) and above all at the reading of the final comments, which highlight the REAL compatibility and stabilization problems between the BMPC 4K and the Ronin S. Since the BMPK will be at the top of the market sales (it is already, in fact!), it would be very useful to inform your engineers to find a solution that allows perfect compatibility between the Ronin S and the BMPC 4K.
2018-10-12
Use props
dopey-tree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Any updates when is the bmpcc4k camera going to work with the roninS? It has usbC cable. It should be plug and play.
2019-3-15
Use props
fans2404cae7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36640 ft
United States

I'm also interested in this feature!  Having to mount the focus motor is such a hassle.   Having it built into the software would make so many of your dji customers more loyal to your brand.  You have some amazing engineers, i know they can overcome the technical issues.  Please make it a priority, BMPCC4K is a #1 seller and everyone will love you if you pull this off quick!
2019-4-2
Use props
Oliver Roozen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 852746 ft
New Zealand

fans2404cae7 Posted at 4-2 14:32
I'm also interested in this feature!  Having to mount the focus motor is such a hassle.   Having it built into the software would make so many of your dji customers more loyal to your brand.  You have some amazing engineers, i know they can overcome the technical issues.  Please make it a priority, BMPCC4K is a #1 seller and everyone will love you if you pull this off quick!

Considering the fact that that even cameras with brilliant autofocus don't really work well with the Ronin-S wheel, I'd be hard-pressed to expect much for Black Magic. Though definitely I think they should be able to find a way to do remote start/stop; part of me wouldn't be surprised if BM put very little provisions for this in firmware.

Somebody needs to come up with a proper USB-C remote-control standard for cameras. The hoops the DJI engineers need to jump through just to get spotty support is just ridiculous.
2019-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules