Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bug? Latest firmware not updating in DJI Go 4
1340 8 2018-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fergatron
Australia

Hi All,

I just wanted to report this as a potential bug. I updated my Mavic Pro firmware the other day using Assistant 2 software and it told me it was complete and current to v01.04.0400 but when I turned on DJI Go4 this morning to go fly it told me I needed to update the firmware to this version so now I am going through the whole riguemarole of doing the firmware update again via my phone. This is annoying as my remote and phone were both fully charged and now they're draining. My remote is already at 77% charge when it was at 100%.

Hope someone can confirm this is a common issue as going forward maybe I'll just have to use my phone to update instead of Assistant 2.

Cheers,
Anna
2018-8-10
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

If you have more than one battery, it will do that. Not sure that is the problem though.
2018-8-10
Use props
Paul_IA
Captain
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Yea, some of the updates also include updates for the batteries as well. After updating the MP, it's wise to cycle your other batteries through the MP and make sure they don't need an update too. Batteries update pretty quick though, so it doesn't take much time.
2018-8-10
Use props
Brad Bilger
Captain
Flight distance : 14764163 ft

Did you do the controller also?  
2018-8-10
Use props
Locoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

I never use assistant 2, Always use iOS device (either iPhone 6 or iPad mini 4) with controller via WiFi. Never had a problem with everything getting updated all at the same time that way.
2018-8-11
Use props
Amjad1983
Second Officer
Flight distance : 310489 ft
United Arab Emirates

Do use android or IOS ?
2018-8-11
Use props
fergatron
Australia

Thanks guys, it only asked me to update it once and I cycled all my batteries through (I have 3 of them) just to check afterwards with no issues.
2018-8-11
Use props
fergatron
Australia

Amjad1983 Posted at 2018-8-11 02:59
Do use android or IOS ?

iOS but I think it may be more so that my Assistant 2 software is a version off perhaps.
2018-8-11
Use props
Alexei Merinov
Captain
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Vietnam

I do not make any updates in the field. Moreover, I switch on my smartphone mode "in the airplane" and leave only the GPS. All updates - only through the Assistant 2
2018-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules