Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
faulty dji inspire 2
1182 9 2018-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ducati1299
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122228 ft
Australia

I've had the feeling and experience of owning a DJI inspire 2 taken away from me.  I opened it and it looked perfect. happiness went from 10/10 to a big fat 0 when I activated the unit and then tried to do the firmware update and it failed over and over. DJI support send it back. I was told to send it back to DJI. Here is where im worried
I brought a new drone. I expect to get a new drone without issues.
1. I don't want a repaired drone.
2. I don't want a replacement refurbished drone.... I brought new and expect new as I have not used it at all.(DJI can see this data)
3. I just want my money back so that I can walk into a store and buy a new drone so I know im getting a new drone and ill be covered by AU warranty
4. I returned it back to hk within 24hours of opening the box
5. Because I brought is on ALI EXPRESS I don't get warranty in Australia. It also cost me $549 to send it straight back to where it came from. How's that fair.

I would like to exercise my rights and get a refund. Does anyone know the process to get this refund?

after sales policies.png
2018-8-10
Use props
Ducati1299
lvl.1
Australia

2018-8-10
Use props
Ducati1299
lvl.1
Australia

2018-8-10
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I don't now if something was physically wrong with your Inspire or not, but several people have had issues with updating the Inspire 2, (especially this last firmware update), depending on how they did it. For some it did not work doing the update through DJI Assistant on a PC, but it worked well with doing it while having a physical connection with the Inspire 2 and an iPad. Some have had good luck by doing the upgrade from a Crystalsky, but for some that have not worked. So different people have had different issues while updating using different devices - despite upgrading to the same firmware version from the same versions of apps. As an example, if the update did not work through DJI Assistant on the PC, try to the update from an iPad. If it did not work via the iPad - try do it from an Android device. Try having the controller off also during update (if it was turned on in the first place).

All I want to say to users having issues with doing firmware updates is to try every possible way to do the updates before sending away the drone to DJI. DJI is quite quick on asking people to send in the drone to them, I guess it is quicker and easier for them, then having a lengthy communication with the user trying to find a solution. I'm not saying it is bad support - sending the drone in and getting a working one back is good. But in many cases I think sending the drone in could have been avoided. For many people being without the drone for a long time could also have an economic impact if you use the drone in work.
2018-8-10
Use props
Ducati1299
lvl.1
Australia

I TRY TO USE THE PC AND MY PHONE. I THEN TRIED TO DO IT ON CRYSTALSKY HOWEVER THE CRYSTALSKY WOULD SAY IT NEEDED TO BE UPDATE BUT ONCE I TRUED TO CLICK THE START UPGRADE THE LINK WOULD NOT WORK AND PROCEED TO THE NEXT STEP. I MIGHT ADD THAT IT WAS THE MOST RECENT FIREWARE. I THINK THAT DJI SHOULD TAKE DOWN FIREWARE THAT IS GIVING PEOPLE ISSUES.
2018-8-10
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1478842 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Why didn’t you buy locally?
2018-8-10
Use props
Ducati1299
lvl.1
Australia

Because it was cheaper on Ali express from a dji authorised dealer who had a deal going at the time. Who would of expected to open the box and then pack it up and send it back.
2018-8-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Ducati1299, I'm so sorry for the late response as I just read your comment on another post. I managed to get your case number via the forum info, upon checking the case info, the refund is not available as the unit was not purchased from DJI directly. Now, the replacement package has been sent, please kindly check whether you have received it, thanks! Should there is any further question, feel free to contact us.
2018-8-25
Use props
Ducati1299
lvl.1
Australia

Old news.  Replaced under warranty
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Ducati1299 Posted at 2018-8-26 00:51
Old news.  Replaced under warranty

Hi Ducati1299, yes, the drone has been replaced under warranty, may I know if everything works great?
2018-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules