Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Live Video Feed Not Working After Crash
1061 9 2018-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HazzyD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1296 ft

United Kingdom

Afternoon all

I've bought a crash damaged Mavic Pro with the intention of fixing it - a) for the sheer fun of it and b) as I've often wanted a Mavic.  There is no visible damage to the aircraft body but the gimbal mount was a bit bashed up.  2 of the shock absorbers had come out and the gimbal ribbon was snapped.

I've now replaced the gimbal ribbon and rebuilt this area and the great news is that the gimbal now works and operates perfectly.  However... I still have no video feed.  I closely inspected the video cable and it appears to be intact and undamaged.

So I have two questions:

1. Is it possible for the video cable to be damaged even though it looks fine and intact?
2. Does any one have any other ideas what I could check to get this working again

For clarification everything else works - the app connects and I can see all flight data and the drone flies etc.  The only thing that doesn't work is the live video feed - just get a black picture.

I wondered if it was software related but I've tried upgrading and downgrading to no avail.

Any ideas please?
2018-8-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize if you are having issues with the video feed. May we ask for the brand or make of your mobile device have you downloaded the app? We're here to help. Thank you.
2018-8-11
Use props
HazzyD
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Hello - yes its a Samsung Galaxy S7.

Works great with my Phantom 3 A.
2018-8-11
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

I would think you'd have to start eliminating the variables and my 2 cents would be that it's mechanical, not software. If the gimbal is moving during calibration and you can move it with the wheel, then it's down to the video portion of the camera. You might have a damaged cable or the camera itself is broke. The cable is the cheapest thing to check and if that doesn't work, you may have to replace the entire assembly (~$350 if I remember correctly). There are some YouTube videos on taking the whole thing apart (if you've never seen them before) and they also show how to route the cables. That might allow you to check to see if any of the internal wiring connections are broken. Best of luck and hope you get it up and running.
2018-8-11
Use props
HazzyD
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-11 05:57
I would think you'd have to start eliminating the variables and my 2 cents would be that it's mechanical, not software. If the gimbal is moving during calibration and you can move it with the wheel, then it's down to the video portion of the camera. You might have a damaged cable or the camera itself is broke. The cable is the cheapest thing to check and if that doesn't work, you may have to replace the entire assembly (~$350 if I remember correctly). There are some YouTube videos on taking the whole thing apart (if you've never seen them before) and they also show how to route the cables. That might allow you to check to see if any of the internal wiring connections are broken. Best of luck and hope you get it up and running.

Thanks Paul

Yes my gut feel is that it's a mechanical issue too.  I've already had the whole gimbal apart to check the wiring and all appears to be good but I may try replacing the cable to see what happens.
2018-8-11
Use props
HazzyD
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Update on this one guys and girls...

Bought a new video cable for £13 and fitted it last night... the live feed now works!!  So for £24 I've successfully repaired a crash damaged Mavic that was out of warranty - very happy.

Yet to do final tests etc but all seems well.
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

HazzyD Posted at 2018-8-14 23:33
Update on this one guys and girls...

Bought a new video cable for £13 and fitted it last night... the live feed now works!!  So for £24 I've successfully repaired a crash damaged Mavic that was out of warranty - very happy.

Hi, thanks for the updates. Glad to know that the issue has been sorted now. Please let us know in any case you need our assistance. Thank you.
2018-8-15
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.3

if you dont have a scope, this going to be pretty tricky
2018-8-15
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.3

but are your antennas connected first?
2018-8-15
Use props