Dji mavic pro keeps landing
1968 18 2018-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_MILHMU9V6uA6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 217510 ft
United Kingdom

Hi everyone i have this problem with my mavic pro and it is driving me insane.i take off and it climbs then goes into landing.i press the red cross to cancel and i have control again for 5 seconds then it says landing and goes to land.i have done a firmware upgrade and rc calibration and still no further foward.another strange thing is that return to home button when pressing that it takes photos like pressing the right hand camera button.i sold my little new spark to upgrade to this one and now i have problems with this.another thing when i climb it up by keep cancelling landing it gets to about 30m it says maximum fliht altitude reached when i have it set at 500m.
Any ideas.
2018-8-11
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.
2018-8-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello there, we're really sorry for the inconvenience and trouble caused. May I know if Beginner mode is enabled to your DJI Go 4 app? If yes, please make sure to disable it so for you to fly your drone beyond the 30m. Also, may I know what the make and model of the device you are using right now? Thank you.
2018-8-11
Use props
djiuser_MILHMU9V6uA6
lvl.1
United Kingdom

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/SRKFOKS1N2D5N9CS8Z1J/
2018-8-11
Use props
djiuser_MILHMU9V6uA6
lvl.1
United Kingdom

It is not in beginner mode. And set at 500m.i have flew this many times before this happened.
2018-8-11
Use props
djiuser_MILHMU9V6uA6
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Checked flight log and can not see anything apart from a lot of landings and cancels.
2018-8-11
Use props
djiuser_MILHMU9V6uA6
lvl.1
United Kingdom

2nd test flight log.
2018-8-11
Use props
djiuser_MILHMU9V6uA6
lvl.1
United Kingdom

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/D9C592KQ8K6U8R5HTHT9/
2018-8-11
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your flight log doesn't show anything out of the ordinary. It looks like you're facing some type of hardware/firmware issue with your remote controller. To rule out a firmware issue, you could try refreshing the remote controller firmware with the DJI Assistant 2 application. If the RTH button still takes a photo after reinstalling the firmware, then you should send in your remote controller to be repaired (or replace it).
2018-8-11
Use props
GaryNash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

Not sure it would have any bearing on your problem but id take off away from that concrete looking slab your taking off from. (if its still there)

factory reset ...re update firmware...... try another flight location ….. then off for repairs if all else fails ..
2018-8-11
Use props
djiuser_MILHMU9V6uA6
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi how do I firmware the RC please. I have done it on the drone but can not find a how to on the RC controller.
2018-8-11
Use props
djiuser_MILHMU9V6uA6
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Dji assistant 2 was not showing me anything on the RC side of things.
2018-8-11
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

The RTH button taking photos is really weird. As far as I know, that button is not mappable like some of the other buttons. So if that is truly happening, my money is on a bad remote controller. Don't suppose you have tried a test flight in WiFi mode to see if it does the same thing? That'd eliminate the RC as a possible problem.
2018-8-11
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Just read on MavicPilots forum . that someone was having the same problem.
One idea was that maybe they were in a NFZ.
2018-8-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-11 14:16
The RTH button taking photos is really weird. As far as I know, that button is not mappable like some of the other buttons. So if that is truly happening, my money is on a bad remote controller. Don't suppose you have tried a test flight in WiFi mode to see if it does the same thing? That'd eliminate the RC as a possible problem.

Don't suppose you have tried a test flight in WiFi mode to see if it does the same thing? That'd eliminate the RC as a possible problem.

Good idea!

2018-8-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Try using the Go4 app to firmware refresh, it will update both, the Rc and Ac
2018-8-11
Use props
djiuser_MILHMU9V6uA6
lvl.1
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-11 18:52
Don't suppose you have tried a test flight in WiFi mode to see if it does the same thing? That'd eliminate the RC as a possible problem.

Good idea!

http://How do i do that mate. I am not sure on doing wfi on a mavic pro and always just used the cable. How does it eliminate the RC cheers. Is that just using your phone only or something.
2018-8-12
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

There's a lot of videos out like that show you how to fly in WiFi mode. Should be pretty straight forward to do a short test flight to see if you have the same problem.
2018-8-12
Use props
djiuser_MILHMU9V6uA6
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have a update guys and girls. I have tried the mavic pro in wfi mode using my mobile and it doesn't land all of the time. One thing it does which might be normal in wfi mode is that it won't let you go above 50mtrs on the height and won't let you go far because it says signal lost. Is this normal in wfi mode. If so it looks like the rc controller is the problem then. I wait for you response and thanks.
2018-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules