Spark Remote Control not charging / won't turn on
4775 6 2018-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Braumly
lvl.1
United States

Hopefully someone here can help me, I sent in an email to support, but maybe someone else has experienced this and has a solution.

When I press the power button on my Spark Remote Control, nothing happens. No status lights of any kind come on, and no beeping.

When I try to charge the Spark Remote Control, all four white status lights slowly blink together (not sequentially like it's charging). I left it on the DJI charger with the included cable for an hour and this behavior doesn't change. I've also tried other brand name (Oculus / Samsung) 5v 2A chargers and high quality cables and have not had any different results.

Help me DJI Forum, you're my only (other than actual support) hope!
2018-8-11
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi Braumly,

Did you by any chance update the R/C firmware recently?
I see many reports of bricked R/Cs lately....

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-8-12
Use props
Braumly
lvl.1
United States

I haven't done any firmware updates since the last time I flew the Spark, probably three months ago.
2018-8-12
Use props
Braumly
lvl.1
United States

I heard back from support, they asked me to make a video, so I figured I'd share it here also.
As you can see, when I plug in the remote all the lights come on, then they go in sequence for a few seconds, then after about 10-15 seconds, they all blink together slowly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8gje9g ... parkRemote.mov?dl=0

Support currently thinks that maybe the battery got too low (over discharged) while not being used, which apparently breaks the battery. This seems unlikely to me, as once I'm done using the Spark I always charge all my batteries and the controller. I checked my batteries and they all work and still hold 3/4+ charges.

edit: embedded video didn't work, so there's a link!
2018-8-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Braumly Posted at 2018-8-12 06:34
I heard back from support, they asked me to make a video, so I figured I'd share it here also.
As you can see, when I plug in the remote all the lights come on, then they go in sequence for a few seconds, then after about 10-15 seconds, they all blink together slowly.

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced. as what I can see on the video that you've provided I would highly recommended to send it in to the facility for further checking of the issue and have it fix it there. you may contact one of our support channel by just going to this link https://www.dji.com/support you can choose between online support, email and phone support.
2018-8-13
Use props
djiuser_SIAPbExP2Y0O
New

Nepal

I am also facing same problem here in Nepal. Please assist me easier way to solve this controller problem.
2020-8-11
Use props
goi_spark
New
Philippines

I got the same problem. The last time I used my RC was last year. I'm trying to use it now and it's no working. No light indication.
2021-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules