Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
markiboy
lvl.1
Switzerland

Dimme le Grand Posted at 1-20 13:55
Was it allready mentioned that

- the focus wheel and record button stop to work -

I have the same problem when recording with Ninja V. This makes the Ronin S practically unusable.

Please provide a fix for this.
2019-1-26
Use props
markiboy
lvl.1
Switzerland

I encounter the same problems as described in #37 when recording with Ninja V. The Ronin S like freezes, neither the joystick nor the focus wheel nor recording button will work. Need to shutdown and restart. Then it works for maybe 30 seconds.
2019-1-26
Use props
markiboy
lvl.1
Switzerland

I encounter the same problems as described in #37 when recording with Ninja V. The Ronin S like freezes, neither the joystick nor the focus wheel nor recording button will work. Need to shutdown and restart. Then it works for maybe 30 seconds.
2019-1-26
Use props
markiboy
lvl.1
Switzerland

2019-1-26
Use props
markiboy
lvl.1
Switzerland

2019-1-26
Use props
markiboy
lvl.1
Switzerland

I encounter the same problems as described in #37 when recording with Ninja V. The Ronin S freezes, neither the joystick nor the focus wheel nor recording button will work. Need to shutdown and restart. Then it works for maybe 30 seconds. This makes the Ronin S practically unusable. Very frustrating.
2019-1-26
Use props
markiboy
lvl.1
Switzerland

I encounter the same problems as described in #37 when recording with Ninja V. The Ronin S freezes, neither the joystick nor the focus wheel nor recording button will work. Need to shutdown and restart. Then it works for maybe 30 seconds. This makes the Ronin S practically unusable. Very frustrating.
2019-1-26
Use props
markiboy
lvl.1
Switzerland

2019-1-26
Use props
markiboy
lvl.1
Switzerland

2019-1-26
Use props
Karl_Meyer
lvl.1
United States

I too am having this problem with my GH5, Ninja V and Ronin S. This issue is still unresolved as of the time of this post with no work around almost 5 months after the initial post. I very much hope that this can be fixed but it looks like I won't/can't be given how long this issue has been around. To be honest, if I had I know of this problem before I bought my Ronin, I probably wouldn't have bought it.

For those who want to see the problem in action, I've time marked a point in the following youtube video.

I sincerely hope that DJI and/or Panasonic can fix this problem. Until then, I wont be recommending the Ronin S to anyone.
2019-2-7
Use props
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

Karl_Meyer Posted at 2-7 11:11
I too am having this problem with my GH5, Ninja V and Ronin S. This issue is still unresolved as of the time of this post with no work around almost 5 months after the initial post. I very much hope that this can be fixed but it looks like I won't/can't be given how long this issue has been around. To be honest, if I had I know of this problem before I bought my Ronin, I probably wouldn't have bought it.

For those who want to see the problem in action, I've time marked a point in the following youtube video.

Do you know if that limitation with the gh5 exists in other brand's gimbals?
2019-2-7
Use props
SCT
lvl.2
Australia

Hi I can also confirm I have the same problem with the GH5 and the HDMI output, but to complicate matters even further I found one other issue.  I use the Convergent-Design Apollo live switcher to record in 4K  from the GH5 in 4K from the  HDMI to the Apollo recorder monitor.  The Apollo via it's firmware extracts three 1080p angles plus one live switched stream which is fantastic.  (https://www.convergent-design.com/)
The additional problem that I have encountered is that when ever I use the DJI focus wheel it resets the screen aspect ratio to 4x3 and once the focus is complete a five seconds later the aspect ratio returns to 16x9,   this renders the Ronin S focus wheel unusable.
2019-2-18
Use props
fansa605563a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11778 ft
United States

markiboy Posted at 1-26 09:34

This wire and the focus motor was the only work around I could find that works.  You will need the focus motor because this wires will just give you start/stop record and push to focus but screen stays on with no issues.

2019-2-19
Use props
zilkerfilms.tv
New
United States

Late to the party but just fyi, my Ronin-S is still on fw1.1.0.0 and Atomos V fw10.01 and I have the same problem –– no GH5 screen with both Ronin and Atomos plugged in. Really all I want is a tally light. Without an SSD in the Atomos I have zero indication that I'm actually recording to the GH5. And I am indeed recording to the SD card. I can look at the Ronin DJI Pro app on my iPhone and see it's recording. That's the only way.
2019-3-5
Use props
Kenzo0013
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17510 ft
  • >>>
France

HelloHello,

I clear the post and apparently and I see that the problem is still not resolved.
it's just a scandal on the part of DJI and PANASONIC.

There is false advertising in your products. The ronin S is usable at 50% of its capacities.

Other functions do not work because of a simple update !!
There is a group FACEBOOK GH5 FRANCE who cry scandal and bring back information.

It is obvious that if the problem was known before NEVER I would have bought the RONIN S to take advantage of my FEELWORD external screen and information about the GH5.
I hope that you will move to solve this problem that DATE !!!!

SHAME ON YOU !
2019-4-8
Use props
weyrdson
lvl.1

Belgium

Hi everyone,
It's funny how everyone is blaming DJI for this issue while the problem clearly comes from the GH5 (and GH5s). Screen goes black from the moment both the USB-c and the HDMI ports are used. I have a Ronin S and a Crane 3 Lab and the same problem occurs on both gimbals. So don't wait for DJI to fix this, ask mostly Panasonic...
2019-4-16
Use props
weyrdson
lvl.1

Belgium

Kenzo0013 Posted at 4-8 05:26
HelloHello,

I clear the post and apparently and I see that the problem is still not resolved.

It's funny how everyone is blaming DJI for this issue while the problem clearly comes from the GH5 (and GH5s). Screen goes black from the moment both the USB-c and the HDMI ports are used. Whatever the camera is connected to. I have a Ronin S and a Crane 3 Lab and the same problem occurs on both gimbals. So don't wait for DJI to fix this, ask mostly Panasonic...
2019-4-16
Use props
fansf7065b90
New

Poland

Hello everyone,

Here is my issue:

I have both (ronin-s and Nikon Z6) updated to newest software. The same with Atomos Ninja V.

I can’t use my recorder  while both Atomos and ronin are connected to Nikon Z6. Recorded says “no input”. Only when I disconnect ronin’s cable, the camera sees the recorder....

Come on, this is annoying not being able to use focus wheel while recording external....

Is it going to be fixed? Who is responsible for this issue?

Thanks for letting me know!
8A9DC34B-FB63-42D8-B3C5-C44551D8703B.jpeg
2019-5-26
Use props
RAN
New
Belarus

I have the same problem when I using my Ronin S with Panasonic GH5 camera and Small HD Focus HDMI monitor. When used together, the camera monitor turns off. I do not use an external recorder because of this, but this is still a big problem, because it becomes impossible to use tracking autofocus, which is controlled through the touchscreen of the camera monitor. I use the latest camera firmware (2.4) and Ronin S (V2.0.0.90) at the moment. I really want to ask DJI engineers to say, whether the problem can be solved? Will the company DJI and Panasonic cooperate to solve this problem? A long time this problem severely limits the professional use of both devices.
Thanks. Best regards.
2019-11-9
Use props
RAN
New
Belarus

2019-11-19
Use props
djiuser_XUQix4xPZCq8
New

Australia

Same problem, what a massive disappointment and let down. Shame on dji and Panasonic for not working together to fix this issue promptly..
I will steer clear of both manufacturers when I update next.
2020-2-4
Use props
MickeKling
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3144075 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I have the exact same problem with my GH5 and Ronin-SC.
Im running the latest firmware on my GH5 (v2.6) and firmware 1.4.0.30 on my Ronin-SC.
2020-2-13
Use props
MickeKling
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3144075 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Feb-2020 and I have the exact same problem when I try to use my GH5 + Ronin-SC ++ Ninja V.

On of the reason for me to switch from G80 nto GH5 was to be able to use the focus wheel (without the focus motor), and now I cant use the USB-C cable without the LCD-screen turing black.
2020-2-16
Use props
Nicola59
lvl.1
France

fansa605563a Posted at 2019-2-19 20:38
This wire and the focus motor was the only work around I could find that works.  You will need the focus motor because this wires will just give you start/stop record and push to focus but screen stays on with no issues.

[view_image]

Hi
it's a GH5? I don't know if it's the good wire.
Same problem here, GH5s, Ronin S, Ninja V... Black LCD. So sad...
I have to push twice on rec button on Ronin to record, not easy on the run...
2020-5-29
Use props
russkn87
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430039 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had this problem a few years back with my GH5 & GH5S. Bothered me so much.  I eventually upgraded from the GH5 to the Panasonic S1... no problem since. I guess it’s a GH5/GH5S processing problem, not enough power to handle USB-C & HDMI out in one go - or at least without glitches.
2020-5-30
Use props
Nicola59
lvl.1
France

fansa605563a Posted at 2019-2-19 20:38
This wire and the focus motor was the only work around I could find that works.  You will need the focus motor because this wires will just give you start/stop record and push to focus but screen stays on with no issues.

[view_image]

This wire is for GH4 only ?
2020-6-12
Use props
Saimurai
lvl.1
Flight distance : 455591 ft
United Kingdom

Same issue for me, I record mainly on the Ninja V now anyway but I liked the info display or if I move the gimbal to a position where the external monitor is now harder to see I can then look at the GH5 screen. But if I want to use the focus wheel then I lose this capability. Also, I've noticed a real lag using the focus wheel and a "choppiness" of racking the focus on the Ninja V. When its disconnected its displaying and racking smoothly on the GH5 screen but not on the ninja V which makes it useless. Had to resort to using the autofocus and a native lens which is just not the best.
2020-9-30
Use props
Saimurai
lvl.1
Flight distance : 455591 ft
United Kingdom

Just to add to my notes from before, I've noticed that even though the GH5 screen is still off the half-push on the Ronin-S's record button will still autofocus for me. And as a 'workaround' for wanting to use the GH5 screen functions, when you disable the motors with the single touch of the power button on the Ronin-S, the screen comes back again. Not great but gives me something if I need to see the screen to check something simple like, "is it recording or not" or touch to move the focus area, etc. Also I've noticed that the joystick will still adjust the focus area for you even though the GH5 Screen is black but you're doing it blind so its pretty crap! (GH5 Menu->Custom Spanner->Focus / Release Shutter ->page 3/7 Joystick Setting = D.FOCUS Movement and AF Mode 1-Area and AFS/AFF Mode)
2020-9-30
Use props
RoryG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9521385 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A bit late to the party on this, but I recently bought a GH5S and Ninja V to record ProRes Raw on my Ronin S. Sure enough, even with the latest GH5S firmware update from July 2022 the problem persists. It’s not actually a huge deal breaker for me as you have to press record on the Atomos when recording ProRes Raw, the shutter and video buttons are not supported in this mode. Also, the lens I am using is the brand new Pana Leica 12-35mm f/2.8 and the AFC works amazingly well using this lens. Most of my gimbal work uses autofocus anyway.

So I just keep the cable disconnected, have the video information display on the GH5S screen and start recording with the Atomos. For standard 10bit recording to the Atomos I use a wireless remote shutter release which works great. There’s workarounds for everything, and even if I’m using manual focus I can just turn the focus ring on the lens (or use the half press on the remote to focus).

So not the end of the world, I have a great rig for raw recording, and I can use it normally for internal recording. Overall happy with my purchase and brought some new life into my trusty Ronin S which is a great gimbal, even in 2023!
2023-5-12
Use props
ryanprr
New
Flight distance : 605922 ft
United States

Has there ever been a fix for this issue?
1-28 13:28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules