Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
IMU Calibration Fails after latest Firmware update
3255 5 2018-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BradBowers
lvl.1
United States

Mavic Pro Platinum:

After completing the download of the latest firmware, I started getting a lot of error messages - starting with System Warning - Check APP.  Also, IMU won't calibrate - I get:  IMU1: Calibration Failed, Automatic Orientation Error (Error Code -71); IMU2: Calibration Failed, Unknown Error (Error Code -45).  Sensor Bias Too Large.  Place aircraft on a flat level surfcae to Calibrate IMU.

I've never had this problem before and it started upon completion of the firmware update.  Aircraft never wrecked.

Now I need Tech support and/or to send it back to DJI for repair - at their cost!

2018-8-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Honestly, roll back on your firmware, better to be on firmware 0100 or 0300, had no issues
2018-8-11
Use props
BradBowers
lvl.1
United States

Yes, I did try that.  Rolled back to 0100 & 0300.  Reset to factory default and then updated to 0400.  Did aircraft/RC separately and together.  Tried everything I could think of - even deleted and reinstalled DJI Assistant 2 to latest version on laptop; deleted and reinstalled Go 4 App on Iphone.  No joy, still getting the IMU calibration required/failure.

Now I'm shipping it off to DJI - second time in less than a year as this one is a replacement of the original due to a gimble issue with the first one.  Due to my work/family schedule, this drone only has about 1 hour total time on it!!!

This better be no cost to me.

Thanks,
Brad
2018-8-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Brad, sorry to know that you have trouble with the drone, so you had contacted our support to do the troubleshoot and we suggest that you send the drone in for repair, right?
If yes, please kindly send the drone in, the local team will help to check when they receive the drone, if it is a warranty case and within the warranty period, the repair will be covered by DJI.
As you mentioned that this is the second repair, could you please provide me with your cases number, I would like to keep an eye on your case.
Besides, if there is a help needed during the repair progress, please kindly contact me or our support at any time, we'll do the best to help.
2018-8-12
Use props
BradBowers
lvl.1
United States

Maybe not to the point of this thread, but, I can't get DJI Assistant 2 to run on my laptop (latest Window/Norton) anymore - tried several times to launch but keep getting a message: "This app has been blocked for your protection.  An administrator has blocked you from running this app.  For more information contact the administrator."   Deleted Assistant 2 from laptop & re-downloaded from DJI but when I try to launch the Assistant I get the same message.  I am the administrator and haven't done anything (knowingly) to cause this.  Any help is greatly appreciated
2019-3-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

BradBowers Posted at 3-17 08:53
Maybe not to the point of this thread, but, I can't get DJI Assistant 2 to run on my laptop (latest Window/Norton) anymore - tried several times to launch but keep getting a message: "This app has been blocked for your protection.  An administrator has blocked you from running this app.  For more information contact the administrator."   Deleted Assistant 2 from laptop & re-downloaded from DJI but when I try to launch the Assistant I get the same message.  I am the administrator and haven't done anything (knowingly) to cause this.  Any help is greatly appreciated

Hi Brad, sorry for the trouble. May I confirm if you are running Windows 10 on your laptop? If yes, it is a known issue and the engineers are working on it, a new version of DJI Assistant 2 will be released to fix it.
At this moment, if it is convenient, please kindly install or run DJI Assistant 2 software using a computer with Windows 7/8 or Mac. Sorry again for the inconvenience.
2019-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules