Osmo mobile 2 - DJI GO app deleted entire day's worth of footage
701 9 2018-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
camcamcam
lvl.1
Canada

I was out camping for a couple of days and got some really good footage of the sunset and the lake. The next morning I was showing some friends of mine, all footage still there.
On the way home the same day, to my surprise all my footage (except for a 50 second video taken at the very beginning of the day) was missing. I didn't manually delete anything but for some reason all the footage just disappeared.

As you can see in the screenshot below, there seems to still be the thumbnail files left on my phone, but the actual videos are missing. print.png

Has anyone had issues like this before?
2018-8-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello. Sorry for the late response. Are these files saved on your computer already? Or is this screenshot coming from your mobile device?
2018-8-13
Use props
camcamcam
lvl.1
Canada

All good!

I'm using a file browser to get into the phone directly. So these aren't saved on my PC but are files that are in my phone right now.
2018-8-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

camcamcam Posted at 2018-8-13 08:38
All good!

I'm using a file browser to get into the phone directly. So these aren't saved on my PC but are files that are in my phone right now.

Alright. Good thing you sorted it out. Please let us know if you still need anything.
2018-8-16
Use props
camcamcam
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-16 08:08
Alright. Good thing you sorted it out. Please let us know if you still need anything.

I haven't actually sorted anything out. The "all good" was in reference to you saying "sorry for the late response". Should have made that more clear :p
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

camcamcam Posted at 2018-8-16 08:40
I haven't actually sorted anything out. The "all good" was in reference to you saying "sorry for the late response". Should have made that more clear :p

Oh, I'm sorry about that. May I know what model of the mobile device are you using?
2018-8-16
Use props
camcamcam
lvl.1
Canada

I'm using an iPhone 8 Plus.
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

camcamcam Posted at 2018-8-16 14:21
I'm using an iPhone 8 Plus.

Did you try to open it in a different video player or transfer the files to the computer?
2018-8-16
Use props
RMatSLU
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-16 23:08
Did you try to open it in a different video player or transfer the files to the computer?

Was this the end of this tread? I'm having a very similar issue. Was at a Disney Park yesterday and lost my only 2 Hyper Lapse Videos. I haven't deleted any videos and those are the only 2 gone. I am not near the Osmo Mobile2. Do I need to be synced to the device to view these? I can see all of the other videos shot on my iPhone7.
2019-2-26
Use props
RMatSLU
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-16 23:08

Was this the end of this tread? I'm having a very similar issue. Was at a Disney Park yesterday and lost my only 2 Hyper Lapse Videos. I haven't deleted any videos and those are the only 2 gone. I am not near the Osmo Mobile2. Do I need to be synced to the device to view these? I can see all of the other videos shot on my iPhone7.
2019-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules