Assistant 2
1239 16 2018-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shep3522
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191896 ft
United Kingdom

I am running Windows 10. I managed somehow to download DJI Assistant 2 and now having gone back into it it just comes up with the Exe doesn't work. I deleted it and tried to download again but it downloads but keeps coming up with same message. Why hasn't DJI sorted this as it's been ongoing for months for others?
2018-8-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you are having with downloading the DJI Assistant 2. Kindly download the software thru the link provided below and let us know what happens. We're here to help you. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
2018-8-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Why hasn't DJI sorted this as it's been ongoing for months for others?

What say you DJI?

Why hasn't DJI fixed install problems with Windows version of Assistant-2?
Why hasn't DJI fixed run problems with Mac OS-X version of Assistant-2?
Why hasn't DJI gotten both Windows and Mac OS-X versions of Assistant-2 "blessed" and drivers signed?

2018-8-12
Use props
Shep3522
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-12 07:36
Hi, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you are having with downloading the DJI Assistant 2. Kindly download the software thru the link provided below and let us know what happens. We're here to help you. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads

Hi Admin

I have just tried to download both the EXE File but it came up with the below message so I deleted it from the Computer and tried the ZIP File only to get the same message. Both downloaded but then this message pops up when I try to open it
2018-8-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Shep3522 Posted at 2018-8-12 23:10
Hi Admin

I have just tried to download both the EXE File but it came up with the below message so I deleted it from the Computer and tried the ZIP File only to get the same message. Both downloaded but then this message pops up when I try to open it[view_image]

Hi, kindly try to install it to a lower version of Windows 10. Some of the drivers are not permitted to Windows 10 as of this time. We are still on the stage wherein we are updating the software to be compatible to your current Windows version. Thank you
2018-8-13
Use props
Shep3522
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-13 01:58
Hi, kindly try to install it to a lower version of Windows 10. Some of the drivers are not permitted to Windows 10 as of this time. We are still on the stage wherein we are updating the software to be compatible to your current Windows version. Thank you

Hi Gamora

Thanks for reply, however, I managed to somehow download it a few months ago and it worked but then stopped hence re-loading it. I would not have a clue how to downgrade my Computer from 10 so any help would be appreciated but it seems a big thing to have to do just to make an App work?
2018-8-13
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Did you try run the .exe as administrator?
I did that and have had no problems running it on Win10 Pro.

tempsnip.png
2018-8-13
Use props
Shep3522
lvl.2
United Kingdom

FlyDK Posted at 2018-8-13 03:25
Did you try run the .exe as administrator?
I did that and have had no problems running it on Win10 Pro.

Hi

I can only just fly a Drone lmao I'll work out how to become an Admin see if that helps, Thanks Guys
2018-8-13
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Shep3522 Posted at 2018-8-13 06:11
Hi

I can only just fly a Drone lmao I'll work out how to become an Admin see if that helps, Thanks Guys

It easy mate.
Just right-click on the file and choose <Run as Admin....>
2018-8-13
Use props
Shep3522
lvl.2
United Kingdom

FlyDK Posted at 2018-8-13 06:15
It easy mate.
Just right-click on the file and choose

Hi

I've just downloaded it again using the exe and once downloaded I right clicked and pressed Admin and then this message came up
2018-8-13
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Denmark

It's possible I misunderstand both you and the error message. But try to retrieve the file via the link below and save it to your desktop. Run it from there as an administrator - it should work.
This is a direct link to the exe-file. Once you press it the download will start. - https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... sistant+2+1.2.4.exe
2018-8-13
Use props
Shep3522
lvl.2
United Kingdom

FlyDK Posted at 2018-8-13 06:32
It's possible I misunderstand both you and the error message. But try to retrieve the file via the link below and save it to your desktop. Run it from there as an administrator - it should work.
This is a direct link to the exe-file. Once you press it the download will start. - https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/dji_assistant/20180516/DJI+Assistant+2+1.2.4.exe

Hi

Thanks for your time and effort but even doing the above it still comes up with same message....I'll have to downgrade Windows 10 which seems ludicrous just to make a DJI App work but Thanks again
2018-8-13
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Denmark

No problem mate... sorry though I can't be more helpful than this.
Downgrade Windows seems very drastic to me if installing the Assistant is the only problem you have. If I were you, I would instead seek help with someone who can actually succeed in installing the program - possibly on their own computer. But of course it is your own decision.
2018-8-13
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Uninstall the Assistant 2. Reboot the Win PC. Download the Assistant 2. Install Assistant 2, Right click and run as admin.

Assistant 2 runs fine here on Win10 latest update. Win 10 did have some oddball driver issues with a couple products via USB, and shutting down my sys, then restarting fixed it.
Some at Toms Hardware site said to do that since restarting will load the same drivers. When I shut down, and then restarted, I noticed a slightly longer boot, but then all my USB devices came online again as well as Firewire for my sound interface.
2018-8-13
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Shep3522 Posted at 2018-8-13 06:44
Hi

Thanks for your time and effort but even doing the above it still comes up with same message....I'll have to downgrade Windows 10 which seems ludicrous just to make a DJI App work but Thanks again

I'll have to downgrade Windows 10 which seems ludicrous just to make a DJI App work

You got that right.  It is ludicrous to expect people to downgrade an entire computer OS; to run a single program.

For what it is worth, I can run Assistant-2 under most recent version of Windows 10.

2018-8-13
Use props
dbyantis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71280 ft
United States

Shep3522 Posted at 2018-8-13 06:22
Hi

I've just downloaded it again using the exe and once downloaded I right clicked and pressed Admin and then this message came up

Try this to let Windows install drivers: https://www.supportrix.com/kb/ho ... vers-in-windows-10/
2018-8-13
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Shep3522 Posted at 2018-8-13 06:44
Hi

No, you do not need to downgrade Windows, DJI Assistant is working well on Windows 10 apart from occasional driver problems. There rather seems to be a problem with your PC, unfortunately I have no idea what this could be. Do you maybe have access to another Windows 10 PC to try?
2018-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules