Can Goggles access flight logs?
1582 10 2018-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4
Flight distance : 573310 ft

Does the Goggles save the flight logs? Can we access them like we do in the Go 4 app?
Everytime I fly with the Goggles I kind of loose all my flight details like distance, height, warning messages and stuff but sometimes it is important to have those.
2018-8-12
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

no - i do not believe the goggles have stored logs or access to flight logs. Loosing your flight details like distance , height should not happen unless you are going to full screen or if the goggles are defective.
2018-8-12
Use props
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4
Brazil

Maybe I didnt expressed myself properly. I meant loose the flight logs as opposed to what happens when using the Go 4 app. Not the in flight status.
I mean flight logs for later reference/consult.
Also it doesnt add/refresh to my profile statistics. That os what I meant when I said I losse that info.
2018-8-12
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Maybe we don't understand, but are you saying you fly with the goggles alone (no RC/device)? If so, then no, the goggles don't store or upload flight information like using the RC/device. The device app actually stores your flight log and you sync your profile with it as well.

I have the goggles and I only use my device as a backup device. Before I got a CrystalSky, the app would lock up on my device and I'd have to restart it every now and then. But I often didn't notice until the end of the flight when I peeked out from under my goggles.

Hope this helps.
2018-8-12
Use props
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4
Brazil

Well, I cant use both the smartphone and the goggles at the same time. Only one at a time. Im flying with the Mavic Air, as per my profile. If I could have both, which is by far my biggest complain and I cant understand why not,I wouldnt be concerned about flight logs and profile mileage updates. Goggles alone (with RC of course) are very limited compared to what you can do via Go4 app. That thing only would solve all of my complaints about Goggles features for the Air. One of those is at least have that logs available without needing to download from the aircraft.
2018-8-12
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>

You need to start the Go4 app on your smartphone first then turn on your goggles...otherwise your limited just using the goggles....personally I keep my smartphone or iPad open while I’m flying with the goggles just in case I lose vision...then if it’s the goggles I can still see my screen....if not, I hit the return to home....
2018-8-15
Use props
dcaton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39606 ft

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-8-15 16:06
You need to start the Go4 app on your smartphone first then turn on your goggles...otherwise your limited just using the goggles....personally I keep my smartphone or iPad open while I’m flying with the goggles just in case I lose vision...then if it’s the goggles I can still see my screen....if not, I hit the return to home....

As the OP said, you can't do that with the MA.  It's either the phone/tablet or the goggles; both ports on the RC don't work simultaneously.  You can unplug the goggles and plug in your phone while the MA is in flight but its cumbersome.  I think this is a big drawback but don't know if it's due to the RC hardware design, or something that could be implemented in the firmware of the RC.  
I wonder if a USB A/B switch something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074TZ ... 83771_t1_B000I97N4O would work (with appropriate cables of course).  Woudln't solve the OP's problem but it might make switching a lot easier/faster.
2018-8-15
Use props
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4
Brazil

Yeah, its simply terrible not being able to use both. Even worse that you have to phisically disconect one to use the other. I mean, not even a button inside the app to switch between each usb port. Inside the Goggles you also dont have the same recording frame rates as you have inside the app. Not even that. The support/implementation between both AC and Goggles is simply terrible. And DJI sells both as a combo as if one works properly alongside the other . If we could use both at the same time it would solve all of these problems with one single strike.
2018-8-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry, the DJI Goggles can be stored your flight records and you can access them using the DJI Assistant 2 then upload the flight records to your local folder. Kindly keep us posted in any case you need our help.
2018-8-16
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The DJI Goggles do create and store TXT flight logs locally. You can retrieve them using an FTP client like this. Unfortunately, the log format is not the same as the logs created by DJI GO. I don't know of any tool that's able to read them.

2018-8-16
Use props
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4
Brazil

msinger Posted at 2018-8-16 15:36
The DJI Goggles do create and store TXT flight logs locally. You can retrieve them using an FTP client like this. Unfortunately, the log format is not the same as the logs created by DJI GO. I don't know of any tool that's able to read them.

Thanks man
2018-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules