Abnormal Flight Behavior Leading to Crash
961 6 2018-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_pGhBdWOTlyKp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98622 ft
United States

Take a look at the video in the link below, particularly at these flight times: 1:35, 1:47, 2:45, 5:15, 7:27, and at the end. Spark ends up under water upside down!  The aircraft was flown using the DJI Goggles, so no mobile device was connected or used during flight. The flight record was obtained by connecting the Goggles to my PC and using DJI Assistant 2 to upload the records to DJI support as per the manual.  Flight records are not downloadable to the PC and can only be uploaded.  No opportunity to examine the flight record or send it to others for an opinion!  A serious weakness when using the Goggles, especially if the aircraft flies away!  

For those who may not know (including some of DJI's support personnel), the flight records for the DJI Spark, when flying with the Goggles, are not recorded on the Goggle SD card rather they are stored in internal storage of the Goggles.  The mobile device will always disconnect when the Goggles are first connected to the Spark RC.  The Goggle flight record, detailed report, aircraft, and RC were all sent to DJI support for analysis.  Support claimed there was no evidence of a crash!  Look for yourself, what do you see?  They never acknowledged locating the flight record and comparing it with the video and my report.  They kept asking me to get flight records off the mobile device and seemed to not even know there own aircraft!  They sent me two videos on how to get flight records from the mobile device demonstrating they did not even know where the flight records were stored!

After communicating back and forth and getting no answers, but 1000 apologies, I finally coughed up the money they demanded under the Refresh Program so I could get my drone back.  It should have been a warranty claim, not a Refresh claim.  DJI continued to stall, deflect, and stall some more, and I don't believe ever did a complete analysis.  DJI could not verify they ever examined the flight record, let alone find it, though it was uploaded twice successfully to their server.  Got the green "successful" annotation each time.  I am extremely disgusted with DJI's handling of this situation and feel personnel are poorly trained, don't talk to each other, and do not clearly document there analysis.  DJI just says "take my word for it!"  At least with a mobile device you can examine the flight records yourself as a check and a balance against this type of thing, but not with the Goggles!  Anyone else experience a similar problem?

2018-8-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, I apologize for the inconvenience and trouble caused. I will forward this concern to the corresponding team so that we can check for the best resolution possible. Again we are sorry for the bad experience.
2018-8-12
Use props
Ted S
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-12 10:14
Hi, I apologize for the inconvenience and trouble caused. I will forward this concern to the corresponding team so that we can check for the best resolution possible. Again we are sorry for the bad experience.

You need to post this in "Discussion" not "Service".  That is a convenient way of hiding the problems DJI is having.  I want everyone to know what is going on at DJI.   Please re-post under "Discussion" where I put it in the first place.  It is way beyond a service problem.  DJI had their opportunity several times over.  I'm not stupid!
2018-8-12
Use props
Ted S
lvl.3
United States

Spark Crash

Take a look at the video in the link below, particularly at these flight times: 1:35, 1:47, 2:45, 5:15, 7:27, and at the end. Spark ends up under water upside down!  During upsets, the controls were held in a normal forward flight position.  The aircraft was flown using the DJI Goggles, so no mobile device was connected or used during flight. The flight record was obtained by connecting the Goggles to my PC and using DJI Assistant 2 to upload the records to DJI support as per the manual.  Flight records are not downloadable to the PC and can only be uploaded.  No opportunity to examine the flight record or send it to others for an opinion!  A serious weakness when using the Goggles, especially if the aircraft flies away!  

For those who may not know (including some of DJI's support personnel), the flight records for the DJI Spark, when flying with the Goggles, are not recorded on the Goggle SD card rather they are stored in internal storage of the Goggles.  The mobile device will always disconnect when the Goggles are first connected to the Spark RC.  The Goggle flight record, detailed report, aircraft, and RC were all sent to DJI support for analysis.  Support claimed there was no evidence of a crash!  Look for yourself, what do you see?  They never acknowledged locating the flight record and comparing it with the video and my report.  They kept asking me to get flight records off the mobile device and seemed to not even know there own aircraft!  They sent me two videos on how to get flight records from the mobile device demonstrating they did not even know where the flight records were stored!

After communicating back and forth and getting no answers, but 1000 apologies, I finally coughed up the money they demanded under the refresh program so I could get my drone back.  It should have been a warranty claim, not a Refresh claim.  DJI continued to stall, deflect, and stall some more, and I don't believe ever did a complete analysis.  DJI could not verify they ever examined the flight record, let alone find it, though it was uploaded twice successfully to their server.  Got the green "successful" annotation each time.  I am extremely disgusted with DJI's handling of this situation and feel personnel are poorly trained, don't talk to each other, and do not clearly document what there analysis.  DJI just says take my word for it!  At least with a mobile device you can examine the flight records yourself as a check and a balance against this type of thing, but not with the Goggles.  Anyone else experience this problem?

2018-8-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching DJI Forum, we regret to know that you had some issues with us. Let me help you with this. Kindly PM me your case (CAS) number so I can reach out to the correct department and coordinate this. We're here to help you.
2018-8-12
Use props
Ted S
lvl.3
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-12 11:56
Hi, thank you for reaching DJI Forum, we regret to know that you had some issues with us. Let me help you with this. Kindly PM me your case (CAS) number so I can reach out to the correct department and coordinate this. We're here to help you.

I sent a PM to you with the case number.  However, I don't have much confidence in DJI solving anything since numerous DJI support personnel were already involved before.  With most of your support in China and the analysis being done in Texas, there is little likely hood the left hand knows what the right is doing!  That was obvious by statements made in emails to me requesting me to find flight records on my mobile device where they never could be found when flying Spark with the DJI Goggles.  I never received confirmation my flight record was ever examined and certainly not compared to the video during the analysis, if any analysis was actually accomplished?  

It seemed to me that as soon as DJI knew I had purchased the Refresh Program, they ceased further analysis and just sent me a bill.  If DJI completes an analysis the customer deserves to see written results of that analysis with enough detail to provide confidence everything that could be checked was in fact checked.  I never received anything close to that, in fact most of the correspondence was in direct conflict with my written report, the video, and likely the flight record.  No one at DJI ever confirmed the flight record was examined.
2018-8-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ted, thanks for getting back to us. We're checking the exact status with the team and will keep following up. Appreciate your understanding and patience.
BTW, please do not start multiple posts at the same time as this violates the forum regulations, we'll merge them here and move to Service for better follow-up, please kindly note and understand.
2018-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules