DJI Goggle Questions for a newbie?
539 1 2018-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ryan Wilson
lvl.1

United States

Hey guys,

I just ordered a Mavic Air and Im excited to mess around with it.  I am debating getting the DJI goggles to go with it.  Here are my two questions:

1) In a video review of the goggles, someone mentioned that, because you aren't using your cell phone/DJI Go app, there is no GPS tracking for your drone if it goes down and you lose it.  Is this true? Would the "find my done" feature not work if you are just using the goggles? This seems odd as I imagine RTH to still works which would use a GPS location.

2) Is it possible in any way to mirror the display from the goggles to a phone, table, or anything else?
2a) It seems that this may be possible with the Litchi app in VR mode with a cheap $20 "VR Headset" since you are using the cell phone for FPV, and you can mirror this to a chromecast or something similar.
2b) Is the above possible with a Mavic Pro since it uses Ocusync?
2018-8-12
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

1) That is correct. The device/phone stores the flight logs while you're flying. So if you go goggles only, no flight logs and not "find my drone" since that feature is on the device/phone, not the goggles. I always have my device (used to be a phone, now a CrystalSky) attached when I'm flying with the goggles as a backup in case the goggles go out. Never had any problems with the goggles, but just in case.

2) I believe that the HDMI port on the goggles is input only. I know that others have used the goggles with other drones but I have never seen the goggles HDMI port hooked to a monitor.

2a)/2b) Same as #2. I think you can hook any source to the HDMI port on the goggles for viewing. I have seen people use them for viewing movies and playing games. But again, I think the goggle HDMI port is input only, not output.
2018-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules