Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
3rd flight. Winter waterfall in W. Aus
525 16 2018-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ralph Mellish
lvl.1
Australia

Hi all, I decided to be brave and take my Spark out for a ride on my mountain bike on the Railway Heritage Trail near Perth. It’s winter here but we had a glorious sunny day after a couple of weeks of wet and windy weather. This was only my third flight (one to have a look at the roof of the house, one of my boys in the local park).
Edited on iMovie (hence the awful music) with some slo-mo footage from my iPhone 6.

In a couple of months this area will be bone dry and the grass will be brown, and I have never seen this much water flowing before, so pretty happy.Still a lot of  learning to do (lost sight of the drone for a while (panic!))  but all worked out in the end.
So far I love the Spark, and it’s a huge step up in every way from the Tello that I had before.

2018-8-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great vid   
2018-8-13
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Nice work it look great
2018-8-15
Use props
unhommelibre
First Officer
Flight distance : 109268 ft
United States

Cool video!
2018-8-15
Use props
Alwin Vestergaard
lvl.1

Netherlands

Soory but comparing to Tello isn't really fair
2018-8-18
Use props
Carmenvail
First Officer
Flight distance : 1521201 ft
United States

Great video, especially for a 3rd flight. looks like you were staying within your ability as a pilot and being safe. great work.
2018-8-18
Use props
Ralph Mellish
lvl.1
Australia

Alwin Vestergaard Posted at 2018-8-18 09:15
Soory but comparing to Tello isn't really fair

I think it is. A lot of people will buy the Tello (as I did) and want to do more than it can offer, so it’s a valid comparison. I’m glad I bought the Tello first as is was a cheap way to see if I was going to be good enough or enjoy it enough to spend the extra on a Spark. If I find I’m getting to the limits of what the Spark can do, then I’ll upgrade to one of the  Mavics, and make a similar comparison. For me the cost of the Spark was hard to justify, and I was lucky enough to get a good deal. If my comments and video can help someone make a decision then I’m happy.
2018-8-18
Use props
Ralph Mellish
lvl.1
Australia

Carmenvail Posted at 2018-8-18 09:42
Great video, especially for a 3rd flight. looks like you were staying within your ability as a pilot and being safe. great work.

Thanks! There are too many posts about crashes and fly-always, so it’s best to keep it conservative at this early stage. I did go just outside the boundaries of Beginner Mode, but only by 10m or so.
Next I’m keen to try active track, but I’ll do that when the park is a bit quieter.
2018-8-18
Use props
Greg F
Captain
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Nice video and some cool editing ..
2018-8-18
Use props
Carmenvail
First Officer
Flight distance : 1521201 ft
United States

Ralph Mellish Posted at 2018-8-18 15:23
Thanks! There are too many posts about crashes and fly-always, so it’s best to keep it conservative at this early stage. I did go just outside the boundaries of Beginner Mode, but only by 10m or so.
Next I’m keen to try active track, but I’ll do that when the park is a bit quieter.

Yep any time I subscribed to your youtube to check out your future posts. please subscribe back if you can.

Thanks
2018-8-18
Use props
SirLurksalot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 137487 ft
United States

Very nice! I like really the waterfalls. I’m jealous, I have nothing interesting like that near me to film!
2018-8-18
Use props
nixuspix
Captain
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Cool waterfalls. Great video. Only for panoramic views better to use Tripod mode, as normal Yaw with Spark is a little bit too fast
2018-8-18
Use props
Flighty
Captain
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Great video,,luv the waterfalls..
2018-8-19
Use props
Ralph Mellish
lvl.1
Australia

nixuspix Posted at 2018-8-18 23:25
Cool waterfalls. Great video. Only for panoramic views better to use Tripod mode, as normal Yaw with Spark is a little bit too fast

Thanks for the advice, I plan to try tripod mode on my next flight. Still lots to learn!
2018-8-19
Use props
Ralph Mellish
lvl.1
Australia

Carmenvail Posted at 2018-8-18 21:51
Yep any time I subscribed to your youtube to check out your future posts. please subscribe back if you can.

Thanks

Subscribed!
2018-8-19
Use props
mhw#209
Second Officer
Flight distance : 96319 ft
United States

Great Video!!
2018-8-19
Use props
CharlieZ