GPS Signal on iPad Not Being Recognized?
5456 70 2018-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mittens
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1906 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-16 09:10
Ok then show me in the app where you can set RTH on low battery to not go to RTH mode ?

Here you go.
19B8066C-7017-4B9C-A1BE-3EF9D697E23C.jpeg
2018-8-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I see that thank you, that’s were your Aircraft only has enough battery power to RTH it measures this by distance and altitude, it’s not low battery warning as you said yellow, it’s also not available with Mavic Air as OP was pointing out has never been available.
2018-8-16
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-16 09:48
I see that thank you, that’s were your Aircraft only has enough battery power to RTH it measures this by distance and altitude, it’s not low battery warning as you said yellow, it’s also not available with Mavic Air as OP was pointing out has never been available.

Ummmm Yes I did

here is a random screen shot of the DJI Go app.   what Color is the H on the battery line?  that is the auto calculated smart Retrun to home point.. and its YELLOW... just like I said, and I have that turned off.. so when my bird hits that point it DOES NOT auto return.. you stated I can not turn that fuction off twice, and now I prove that I can with a screen shot and you act like I said something else?
https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/ ... dxn8qokyc3nqw4n.jpg
2018-8-16
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-16 08:40
You cannot set up smart RTH not to return home, but when smart RTH kicks in you can simply cancel by pressing the X on screen, then manually fly.

For reference this was the first time.
2018-8-16
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-16 09:10
You said you had yours set NOT TO RTH WHEN IT REACHES YELLOW. you cannot set this you can cancel when it goes to RTH , but doing this your aircraft will just go directly to land when it thinks it only has enough battery to land, and you won’t get a warning this is happening and you can do nothing to stop this, so pretty risky when flying over water.

This is the second time.

and again the H point in question is in fact YEllow and the start of the yellow.
2018-8-16
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
United States

You can not turn off the 10% / Critical battery / RED  auto landing. But you can in fact turn off the return to home cause of battery level..
2018-8-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mittens Posted at 2018-8-16 09:59
You can not turn off the 10% / Critical battery / RED  auto landing. But you can in fact turn off the return to home cause of battery level..

My mix up was clearly this discussion was about Mavic Air you never mentioned any other craft until I asked.
You also said you didn’t say smart RTH but low battery RTH , so I think there was mix up all round, but discussion was initially regarding Mavic Air and that’s why I posted excerpts from Mavic air manual , so if you feel I caused confusion it was because of this.
2018-8-16
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-16 10:03
My mix up was clearly this discussion was about Mavic Air you never mentioned any other craft until I asked.
You also said you didn’t say smart RTH but low battery RTH , so I think there was mix up all round, but discussion was initially regarding Mavic Air and that’s why I posted excerpts from Mavic air manual , so if you feel I caused confusion it was because of this.

Man your crazy.  Go back and read.  My first POST in this thread, the first 4 words are
"I have a mavic pro"

and then the statement about me turning off the auto smart RTH / low battery RTH (one in the same.)  and its the yellow one.

there is a RED auto land... not return to home.

the ONLY battery return to home is the point I have called out exactly and is also turnoff able... in the settings.    which you argued about, and asked for proof, which I provided, and you still think I am the one in the wrong?

also the original poster was did not say mavic air or not.  he is complaining bout the IOS deviced and the DJI app not liking there gps signal, which was my complaint too... and why I turned the home auto return point off, as it messed up my shots chasing a boat.

sometimes you can just admit your wrong, and not keep going around and around. its ok
2018-8-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mittens Posted at 2018-8-16 10:10
Man your crazy.  Go back and read.  My first POST in this thread, the first 4 words are
"I have a mavic pro"

Im not going around and around, My bad sorry I obviously didn’t read your post correctly but when I posted the discussion was regards to Mavic Air as I said.
Also yellow warning for Mavic Pro is Auto RTH . Yes you can Set smart RTH not to activate, but low level battery will cannot be set which is yellow, red is critical.

2018-8-16
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
United States

Actually you can set the Yellow low battery level alarm too, and also like I stated and proved earlier turn off the yellow auto return to home because of battery,

The only one you cant control is the 10% auto landing/ critical battery.

2018-8-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mittens Posted at 2018-8-16 10:45
Actually you can set the Yellow low battery level alarm too, and also like I stated and proved earlier turn off the yellow auto return to home because of battery,

The only one you cant control is the 10% auto landing/ critical battery.

Lowest you can set low battery is 15%
2018-8-16
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-16 10:35
Im not going around and around, but low level battery will cannot be set which is yellow.

Here you stated it can not be set?

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-16 10:35
Lowest you can set low battery is 15%

and then now you agree it can be set.  

lowest is 15%?? I cant confirm that as I have mine set at 20% but makes since with 10 being a hard critical landing non adjustable point  Will try next flight to because I want to know now.

2018-8-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mittens Posted at 2018-8-16 11:27
Here you stated it can not be set?

and then now you agree it can be set.  (lowest is 15%, I cant confirm that as I have ine set at 20% but makes since with 10 being a hard critical landing non adjustable point)

I didn’t say low battery couldn’t be set, I said you can’t set it not to RTH on Mavic Air , you can cancel it but only by pressing X , of course you can set low battery RTH but it’s limit is 15% not 10%, you also don’t have option of setting smart RTH on CS which I use, maybe this is only iOS . I have just checked this.
2018-8-16
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-16 11:35
I didn’t say low battery couldn’t be set, I said you can’t set it not to RTH on Mavic Air , you can cancel it but only by pressing X , of course you can set low battery RTH but it’s limit is 15% not 10%, you also don’t have option of setting smart RTH on CS which I use, maybe this is only iOS . I have just checked this.

I quoted you above literally saying you cant set the Low battery level....

you can read your own post,  I said you can set the low battery level and you said you cannot set the low battery level.   then the next post say you can but only to 15%.
2018-8-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mittens Posted at 2018-8-16 09:02
I did not say smart return to home, I said the lower power return to home.. Which you can turn off.  When mine hits the battery level to it needs to get home, it DOES NOT auto return home...There is a switch to turn this on and off in the settings.

Ok so I quote you above where you say you weren’t setting smart RTH but lower power RTH , but what your actually doing is cancelling smart RTH , but you clearly say as you can above I DID NOT SAY SMART RTH ,!!!
You know exactly what I was talking about , it was about setting smart RTH to cancel, so don’t appreciate you now trying to be smart so maybe this is best left alone.
2018-8-16
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
United States

what ever makes you sleep better at night man. the whole convo is public.  I am not mad.  I do like a good argument especially when I am correct and have the pics to prove it.
2018-8-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mittens Posted at 2018-8-16 12:02
what ever makes you sleep better at night man. the whole convo is public.  I am not mad.  I do like a good argument especially when I am correct and have the pics to prove it.

Check out low batter and see if you can set it lower than 15% you might realise you can’t in fact set RTH to cancel on low battery, you might not sleep so well.
I’m not adverse to a good argument, but maybe not so cocky.

“A solid answer to everything is not necessary. Blurry concepts influence one to focus, but postulated clarity influences arrogance.”
2018-8-16
Use props
crazyray
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-8-16 06:26
"I would like to see the option of switching Smart RTH off simply due to not wanting the MA to RTH with low battery while over the water."

That option exists in latest version of DJI Go 4 on my P4 (worked this morning) & Mavic Pro. If it does not appear for the Mavic Air then I'm sure DJI will address it, as I believe they did for the P4 Pro when it was first rolled out.

Thanks for the great info. and advice. I have the newest DJI Go 4 update which is 4.2.24. Unfortunately, the switch option isn't there under the battery menu. I never used the alternative of setting the MA current position as the new home position. I'll definitely check it out. Thanks for pointing that out for me. Ray  
2018-8-16
Use props
crazyray
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-16 06:35
Using loss of signal to hover , make sure your in VLOS .

Absolutely........ Always. Thanks, Ray
2018-8-16
Use props
crazyray
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-16 06:53
Im not sure why you would want to turn off smart RTH , once smart RTH is initiated you can just cancel it, it will also serve to remind you that you need to retrieve craft before low battery kicks in , because you can’t cancel this on any dji craft.
So really you have no problem with smart RTH , I also believe that most would be extra careful when flying off a boat, we see many accidents, regarding your gps I think Labroids has a point here, it seems that if it works on some devices then it’s not aircraft fault but device that is having the problem.

Thanks for the reply....... I do realize that I can cancel Smart RTH, but having it switched off while boating would be one less thing to deal with. In either case, I wouldn't ever let my battery get that low over land or water. If boating, I would set my low battery warning to 40%. Normally I have it set at 30%. Thanks again, Ray
2018-8-16
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

crazyray Posted at 2018-8-16 14:43
Thanks for the reply....... I do realize that I can cancel Smart RTH, but having it switched off while boating would be one less thing to deal with. In either case, I wouldn't ever let my battery get that low over land or water. If boating, I would set my low battery warning to 40%. Normally I have it set at 30%. Thanks again, Ray

Has anyone tested fake GPS on iOS or is it not working on Apple?
Was looking at these Fake GPS apps and it's also setting to fake accurate setting there.
Not sure it will work but worth trying. I always use set home point to controller when boating or driving along the fly path. Have been taking photos of the best fishing spots in few rivers and then drive along the river.
2018-8-16
Use props
crazyray
lvl.2
United States

I'd like to add, I'm using firmware 01.00.0300 due to all the issues reported from firmware v01.00.0400. I'm aware of the newer version v01.00.0400 notes that state;
Fixed an issue where GPS location changes inexplicably, and when RTH is abnormal due to compass interference.
I don't believe this is my issue since I can't get a GPS signal anywhere. The statement; Fixed an issue where GPS location changes inexplicably....... is pretty vague.
2018-8-27
Use props
crazyray
lvl.2
United States

Just received a reply from DJI this past week;

Hazel (Support)
9月10日 CST01:59

Dear Ray,
Thank you for keeping in touch.
Our Engineers verified that the issue will be resolve via a new Firmware. This will be released soon.
Thank you. Have a good one.
You will receive an email survey two days after this email if not responded.

If you happen to be away and won’t be able to answer this email timely, please disregard the survey and reply to us directly.

Best regards,

Hazel
DJI Customer Support
YouTube: http://s.dji.com/Youtube-DJI
2018-9-11
Use props
Petdrone
lvl.1

I have the same problem w my IPad Air 2 when using a P4pro V2.  I have to read the rest of these posts. Any known fixes ?  Does DJI know about this problem ?
2018-9-23
Use props
crazyray
lvl.2

Petdrone Posted at 2018-9-23 19:33
I have the same problem w my IPad Air 2 when using a P4pro V2.  I have to read the rest of these posts. Any known fixes ?  Does DJI know about this problem ?

DJI is well aware and recognizes that it is through support emails. I haven't come across any fix yet. I'd like to add, while going through this thread, you'll see some confusion. As far as new firmware.......I.M.O., highly doubtful.
2018-9-24
Use props
Petdrone
lvl.1

crazyray Posted at 2018-9-24 02:36
DJI is well aware and recognizes that it is through support emails. I haven't come across any fix yet. I'd like to add, while going through this thread, you'll see some confusion. As far as new firmware.......I.M.O., highly doubtful.

Thanks for the reply.
2018-9-24
Use props
pokenfun
lvl.1

Advice requested. I am considering the purchase of an iPad Mini 4 to use with my Mavic 2 Pro. I believe the WiFi + Cellular option is required to take advantage of the iPad GPS. My question is: do I need to actually activate the cellular option to access the GPS capability? Am hoping to avoid adding another monthly fee to the budget. Especially when considering the iPad Mini will be used only when flying the Mavic.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Pokenfun
2018-9-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

pokenfun Posted at 2018-9-25 19:06
Advice requested. I am considering the purchase of an iPad Mini 4 to use with my Mavic 2 Pro. I believe the WiFi + Cellular option is required to take advantage of the iPad GPS. My question is: do I need to actually activate the cellular option to access the GPS capability? Am hoping to avoid adding another monthly fee to the budget. Especially when considering the iPad Mini will be used only when flying the Mavic.

My question is: do I need to actually activate the cellular option to access the GPS capability?
2nd Q first - no, there is absolutely no need to have a data connection to use the GPS in the iPad or for anything else related to flying the drone.
I believe the WiFi + Cellular option is required to take advantage of the iPad GPS.
1st Q second:
Do you have the full story?
Do you understand what you can and can't do with/without GPS in the iPad?
The Phantom and Mavic have perfectly good GPS receivers built in and they use these for all flight functions except:
1.  Follow-me flight
2.  Resetting the homepoint to the current location of the controller.

1. really isn't used all that much and active tracking is much better than follow-me anyway
2.  Only used by people flying from a moving car or boat.
But since they aren't going to use RTH to land on the car or boat, home point precision isn't important and resetting the homepoint to the current location of the drone is usually just as good.

Get an iPad with or without GPS and it really won't make any difference to your flying.
2018-9-25
Use props
crazyray
lvl.2

pokenfun Posted at 2018-9-25 19:06

Keep in mind that Return to Remote location as it's HP in all likelihood, will not work. I've been to several "open" locations without success with my new iPad 9.7 with GPS. DJI has confirmed through support emails that this is a problem and would be addressed in the next firmware update (see post #62). With that being said, the last update was in May therefore, I wouldn't hold my breath. I hope DJI proves me wrong. I do however, agree with Labroides in regards to it use. I purchased this new iPad for boating, counting on the Return to Remote location as it's HP to work. Turns out that it's really not that necessary for boating since you'll want to keep it in VLOS anyway. I could have saved $$ since my iPad Air 2 without GPS works flawlessly.
2018-9-26
Use props
pokenfun
lvl.1

Labroides Posted at 2018-9-25 21:42
My question is: do I need to actually activate the cellular option to access the GPS capability?
2nd Q first - no, there is absolutely no need to have a data connection to use the GPS in the iPad or for anything else related to flying the drone.
I believe the WiFi + Cellular option is required to take advantage of the iPad GPS.

Thank you kindly. I do have some Mavic 2 shoots planned where I will be using the "follow me" mode. So I will need WiFi + Cellular on the iPad mini 4. There is conflicting info on various iPad forums regarding whether or not the iPad's cellular has to be activated in order to also utilize the iPad's GPS. One other possibility I may look in to is tethering the iPad to an iPhone in order to utilize its location capability. Looks like a visit to BestBuy and The Apple Store in the near future. Cheers.
2018-9-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

pokenfun Posted at 2018-9-26 15:43
Thank you kindly. I do have some Mavic 2 shoots planned where I will be using the "follow me" mode. So I will need WiFi + Cellular on the iPad mini 4. There is conflicting info on various iPad forums regarding whether or not the iPad's cellular has to be activated in order to also utilize the iPad's GPS. One other possibility I may look in to is tethering the iPad to an iPhone in order to utilize its location capability. Looks like a visit to BestBuy and The Apple Store in the near future. Cheers.

There is conflicting info on various iPad forums regarding whether or not the iPad's cellular has to be activated in order to also utilize the iPad's GPS.
There is conflicting info because some people are ignorant and post without knowing.
Apple confuse people because they only fit a GPS receiver in cellular ipads.
But the GPS receiver is not related to cellular connectivity.
It doesn't use internet data.
It's completely independent of the cellular service.
It's just that to get a GPS receiver in your iPad, you have to buy one of their cellular models.
If you bought an Android tablet, almost all come with the GPS receiver as standard, even wifi only models.

2018-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules