Phantom4 Pro v2 not flying right!
5471 33 2018-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
diciurciocabinets
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17811201 ft
  • >>>

I just bought a Phantom4 Pro v2 to add to my collection. However the bird is flying very weird. Not straight.. Also camera seems to drift. Also,  when I do auto take off it yaws to the right about a half a turn. What's that about?. I've done numerous imu Cal... along with compass cal...  Also did gimble cal...Updated and refreshed a few times too. Lol. Still not 100% like my v1?. Anyone Else having these problems?. Also stick cal.. Done them all. Help!

MICHAEL
2018-8-13
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I have read several complaints about rotation upon takeoff.
2018-8-13
Use props
diciurciocabinets
lvl.2
  • >>>

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-8-13 06:15
I have read several complaints about rotation upon takeoff.

Thanks for the reply. I'm really up in the air in what to do?. I still have a few days to return it  but for what? A refund??   A new v2 that works ?? or are  they all doing the same thing?. Lol. Bothers me because I have a v1  that flies awesome. I bought this for the occusync , which btw I love that part of the drone!!! Lol. I'm loving and hating my purcchase... I'm hearing  that DJI is aware of the issue and needs to do an update, but WHEN??? LOL. O well. I figure I'd give this a shot. Thx much for your response!

MICHAEL
2018-8-13
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>

Yea mine is doing this also so far everyone i know with a v2 has the same problem...the ac does not fly straight like a v1 u press stick to go forward and it looks like it flys crooked almost diagonal. I opened a thread about this also ....DJI are u seeing this? We need a fw fix! Someone on another forum very good with logs says imu and compass are not agreeing with heading....whatever the case is all dji have to do is fly a p4p v2 500 to 1000 ft straight and they will see this issue crop up! I also have done all cals ....no bueno. Sometimes i have to fly with yaw and right stick in one of either top corners just to go straight! And op even if you do take this back for another V2 you'll have the same problem ask me how I know
2018-8-13
Use props
Bulcsú
lvl.3
Flight distance : 712218 ft
Hungary

My V2 also has the same error. The camera crawls, balls, and can not fly straight. At slower speed, it slides to the left almost within 5 meters. Usually unusable. I'm very sorry to replace v1 with this thing.
2018-8-13
Use props
Bulcsú
lvl.3
Hungary

Please DJI, look at this error as soon as possible and fix it with an FW update as this is unusable.
2018-8-13
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Bulcsú yes same here it gives you the sense that you are flying crooked! Dji plz fix this it is serious
2018-8-13
Use props
Peo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 25409177 ft
Sweden

Try left
2018-8-13
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

I usually have to counter with  yaw and alot of right stick.... if you look at the red arrow in the bottom left-hand Corner look how crooked it is flying! this is what I have to do to even fly straight .....with my V1 all I had to do is press the right stick forward.... something is wrong we need a firmware update check it out! Now I truly don't know if it's the camera  going crooked when I'm flying or if it's the Drone but I know when I boot up the camera is perfectly straight

2018-8-14
Use props
diciurciocabinets
lvl.2
  • >>>

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-8-13 07:23
Yea mine is doing this also so far everyone i know with a v2 has the same problem...the ac does not fly straight like a v1 u press stick to go forward and it looks like it flys crooked almost diagonal. I opened a thread about this also ....DJI are u seeing this? We need a fw fix! Someone on another forum very good with logs says imu and compass are not agreeing with heading....whatever the case is all dji have to do is fly a p4p v2 500 to 1000 ft straight and they will see this issue crop up! I also have done all cals ....no bueno. Sometimes i have to fly with yaw and right stick in one of either top corners just to go straight! And op even if you do take this back for another V2 you'll have the same problem ask me how I know

What's up Mr Hoffa?. Lol. Well I guess I shouldn't get too excited then. Lol. Just  opened my new #2 v2.. This Time I took out the Holy Water and gave it a good splash.  I'm Hoping that takes away any evilness that may be in my drone. Hey buddy, Thanks for your reply and your help on this matter!. DJI has  15 days to put out an update HOPE YOUR READING THIS DJI OTHERWISE YOU LOSE MY SALE!! This is a brand new product that needs to be supported!!!. Asap. Unless you want to follow in AUTELS FOOTPRINTS?. Please help us Phantom4 Pro flyers!!!
2018-8-14
Use props
herkam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19354 ft
Sweden

My P4 Pro V2 has the same issue and is almost impossible to make videos with, it seldom flies in the direction the camera is facing when you push the stick forward.
Calibrated IMU, latest software and so on...
Did a simple test where I had the P4 Pro V2 hovering for a while and then rotated it slowly and took my hands off the control, and guess what...it started to drift in yaw. The complete silence from DJI sucks!
They seem to try to compensate by moving the gimbal in the other direction to hide the the yaw drift but it fails as soon as you start to fly forward since the camera is pointing in one direction and the P4 in another direction.

/hakan
2018-8-14
Use props
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 995600 ft
United States

For those of you that are impacted by this issue has it done it since you started flying it or did it suddenly just start one flight?

It's a bit concerned to me as I too have a P4P V2.0 and it's been extremely reliable so far and would hate for something to suddenly wreak havoc on my near perfect aircraft. The only issue I've encountered so far is that if I push up on the stick while looking straight down with the camera the drone will start to rotate creating an almost corkscrew effect with the video footage. I'm told that I should try a remote calibration to see if this corrects that issue which I have not tried yet.
2018-8-14
Use props
Antonov
lvl.3
Flight distance : 321857 ft
United Kingdom

Sounds like IMU issue which when I got my Phantom 3P, I had to send it back to DJI and it is fixed, ever since it flies perfect.
2018-8-14
Use props
mclana
New

China

RE: Phantom4 Pro v2 not flying right!

Thanks for sharing the information about vibration, my vibrationhas a loud noise, i don not know how to deal with.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiGy74ZVu9I
2018-8-14
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Iamjustjohn.... I am one of the early adopters I had this machine about a week after it came out and with Factory firmware and new firmware it has always done it I have reached out to DJI and they say nothing this needs to be fixed I should have just taken it back for a v1 again but I do realize there will be some firmware problems just like every DJI product for the first 6 months... and was hopeful it's already been a few months and nothing..... hopefully this gets fixed it is a big hindrance when flying....and antonov... a lot of us have gotten a few V2s (new ones) they all do it. DJI PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS! All you literally have to do is fly the v2 500 to a 1000 feet and you will see the problem. It will not be hard to replicate
2018-8-14
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Mclana This Thread is not about vibrations this is about the Phantom 4 Pro V2 drifting while trying to fly straight
2018-8-14
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Herkam

I have literally tried every calibration nothing seems to work remote stick calibration I did the IMU I did the compass I refreshed the firmware all up-to-date on everything. Nothing worked. I can tell this aircraft Just does not fly right and I have had just about every DJI ac.... i mean every other thing works great just trying to fly straight is a big deal. Also do you see in your video how your aircraft ended up at about the 10 o clock position that is exactly what mine does and when flying straight it will look that way .....I'll be trying to fly straight and it will be looking towards 10 o clock.... instead of staying at 12 o clock!
2018-8-14
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have not seen this issue, at least I don't think I have, and have about 50 flights with the V2 all filming.
2018-8-14
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Brian have u tried to go straight a long while?
2018-8-14
Use props
Bulcsú
lvl.3
Hungary

As a rise and fall, it's like a corkscrew spinning in the air.It's okay to do it with it, it's impossible.It is almost impossible to jump at a speed at a speed.It's useless.You want a new FW soon. :/
2018-8-14
Use props
Jay Desio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 706480 ft
United States

I previously flew a P4 Advanced and used Litchi quite often to run various waypoint missions, never had an issue.

I recently upgraded to a P4 Pro V2.0 and immediately noticed a problem running the same waypoint missions. The aircraft would maintain it's lock on the POI for a short time and then start to drift off, making the footage useless. I check and rechecked the missions, created new ones, same results.

I created a test mission around my house, ran the mission, the first half was ok then it started drifting to the left and was pointing to an area about 280' from the actual POI. I created a new mission, placing the waypoints in the same location as the first test mission, but in the opposite direction, thinking the counterclockwise rotation of the aircraft might be the problem. Surprisingly, the results were the same, the aircraft aimed at the same point 280' from the actual POI at pretty much the same points along the route.

I emailed Litchi and the response was, "There are known drifting issues for the P4 Pro V2, I think this could be the reason why you are having these issues: Phantom4 Pro v2 not flying right!"

I have attached a video showing the problem. The video is low quality and sped up, so it's less than 1 minute. The aircraft and remote are on the latest firmware (V01.00.1500). I thought about rolling back the firmware, but I can't seem to find an earlier version and DJI Assistant 2 doesn't list any but the current version.

This wouldn't be a huge deal, I am certainly capable of flying the aircraft manually, but I have been working on a project for the past year with the same video taken at different times of the year to do seasonal transitions and this is the last segment I need, as everything is in bloom.

2018-8-24
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1159409 ft

diciurciocabinets Posted at 2018-8-13 06:28
Thanks for the reply. I'm really up in the air in what to do?. I still have a few days to return it  but for what? A refund??   A new v2 that works ?? or are  they all doing the same thing?. Lol. Bothers me because I have a v1  that flies awesome. I bought this for the occusync , which btw I love that part of the drone!!! Lol. I'm loving and hating my purcchase... I'm hearing  that DJI is aware of the issue and needs to do an update, but WHEN??? LOL. O well. I figure I'd give this a shot. Thx much for your response!

MICHAEL

I just purchased the new V2.0 and it flies perfect . I did have a gimbal Cali issue but it was because I tried gimbal cal before IMU and compass. After I calibrated those the gimbal went smooth.  I’ve had mine in the air 6 times now and absolutely love this bird. Good luck on figuring out what’s up and repairs if needed. Hope to hear what the final outcome is. Ttul!
2018-8-24
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-24 16:33
I just purchased the new V2.0 and it flies perfect . I did have a gimbal Cali issue but it was because I tried gimbal cal before IMU and compass. After I calibrated those the gimbal went smooth.  I’ve had mine in the air 6 times now and absolutely love this bird. Good luck on figuring out what’s up and repairs if needed. Hope to hear what the final outcome is. Ttul!

Oh and may I add that I’ve tried every option available.. POI,attive track draw, and I have not encountered this issue. I know this is no help but I would like to say not all the V2.0 are having the same issue.... well not yet anyway... But I do feel your frustration I’ve had my own issues with DJI... Anyway good luck.
2018-8-24
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Reds can u put a video up of you flying about 1000 to 1500 ft away then fly back. All in a straight line... I would love to see this if yours does Indeed truly fly straight this would be awesome
2018-8-25
Use props
fans368921ec
lvl.1
United States

you need to calibrate the aircraft using DJI assistant. Its hard though.It took me 5 hrs to calibrate it make sure the battery is full.Here is the link https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... sistant+2+1.2.4.exe download to your windows system. If you have IOS computer go to dji.com and download dmg
2018-8-25
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
United States

Well I spoke to soon and not to jump on the band wagon but low and behold my Now 8 flights old V2.0 does the same thing.... I never gave it no thought because I figured it was me and my finger control. I’m old and my digits don’t always listen...lol. Anyway today I did auto take off and as it was hovering it drifted to the left and when I ascend it drifts to the left and when I descend it does like this slow spin thing . My batteries are charging and rc and I will try and get some videos of said events.  I have to apologize for talking out my neck . I really never gave it much thought because sometimes when I was descending my fingers were the ones causing it I thought. Anyway... ttul
2018-8-25
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Sucks reds...alot of us are in the same boat. Hopefully dji help us out.
2018-8-25
Use props
Leo_S
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49163 ft
Canada

Mine drifts too. This is a super common problem with the Phantom 4 Pro. Please fix this DJI! On every forum I see, the reps pretend like it's the first time they've ever seen it.

Stop wasting our time with calibrations and nonsense. It's clearly a firmware issue.

2018-8-27
Use props
Curt Martini
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9915 ft
United States

I see this thread is almost a year old now.  At first I had the same issue a year ago. For me this issue has been resolved but there is still an issue for me with yaw commands.
2019-5-25
Use props
Curt Martini
lvl.2
United States

I see this thread is almost a year old now.  At first I had the same issue a year ago. For me this issue has been resolved but there is still an issue for me with yaw commands.
2019-5-25
Use props
Curt Martini
lvl.2
United States

Are there any updates to this thread?  Mine Started out just like this but has been resolved.
2019-5-25
Use props
DeepFriedOprah
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1709094 ft
United States

Still Radio Silence from DJI....Just bought two more brand new version 2 pahntom 4's and they both drift as well rught out of the box
2019-5-31
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

My craft drifts too in the beginning at times but doing some hard fast yaw left and stopping then hard fast yaw right and stopping corrects it. Like 90 degrees from left to right when you do it.

Usually, it's because the wind is pushing it.  You can tell if you just turn 90 degrees or do a 180 to see if it will drift the other direction and it does.  I think the system switches to aggressive mode (ramp-up) once it learns it's ok to do so.

I haven't POIed the P4P V2.0 but the Mavic 2 Zoom is pretty solid with POI but I think it starts to get off a bit too..  I think I was doing POI wrong as the idea is to POI from the direct top of the landmark then start the POI from there by coming backwards but I've never done that.  I just POI manually though POI could be handy if a client wants a good orbit.
2019-5-31
Use props
vaedyxiao
New

I also bought two more brand new version 2, they are really great. I work for a the biggest mining equipment manufacturer of China---HXJQ Machinery for website building. And i still have a lot things to learn about it.
2019-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules