Gimbal/Camera angle
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56 ft
United States

I crashed my P3A about 3 years ago. I sent it into  DJI for repairs. When I got it back, it looked fine. I've not flown it much since. But I noticed that the camera/gimbal is not alligned straight. It's at an angle. So when I raise the drone and video the tree line/sky line, it's not perpendicular. It's not straight. It's at a slight angle. Also when it's on the ground, I noticed that when I pull on the sticks (left or right), I notice the camera jerks a tad bit in those directions. Is that normal? What can be done about the angle of the camera? It's not huge. I can only tell when I'm looking at the skyline or tree line.
Also a second part: I've had a 4K TV now for a few years. I wonder if it's worth it to buy a 4K camera and replace it with the current camera. Is it worth it? Will I notice a huge difference? Is it hard to do?

Thank you
2018-8-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced. regarding with your concern have you try to calibrate the gimbal camera? and also once you are on the gimbal setting you can see as well there for adjusting the gimbal camera you can give a try that as well.
2018-8-13
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-13 08:17
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced. regarding with your concern have you try to calibrate the gimbal camera? and also once you are on the gimbal setting you can see as well there for adjusting the gimbal camera you can give a try that as well.

Can you give me instructions on how to do that? I've never done that before?
2018-8-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Blackbeagle Posted at 2018-8-13 08:21
Can you give me instructions on how to do that? I've never done that before?

Sure! you can check this video tutorial on how to calibrate the gimbal camera then on the same page of Gimbal setting page you can see as well there the other option for Adjusting the gimbal setting.
2018-8-13
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
United States

Can I do this with the LItchi App? I don't have DJI Go installed. I can if needed.
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Blackbeagle Posted at 2018-8-14 07:02
Can I do this with the LItchi App? I don't have DJI Go installed. I can if needed.

Hi there, Unfortunately I'm not quite sure about it since it's a third party application. however, you can use the DJI Go app to calibrate the gimbal
2018-8-14
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Blackbeagle Posted at 2018-8-14 07:02

Hey buddy,
yes you can do this in the GO app. simply adjust to the left or right. Litchi doesn't have that function. This is separate from the gimbal calibration. I would calibrate it first, then adjust the gimbal roll to correct any horizon offset.
2018-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules