First crash.......
701 9 2018-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Far_North
lvl.4
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

It finally happened today............first crash with my MPP and totally my fault.
After flying 2 batteries out about 1000m shooting some video I decided to fly my last battery in close and in sport mode.
I was zipping around a ball field when I didn't leave enough braking room and slid backwards into a tree about 10 feet up.
Chopped a few leaves then the MPP fell to the ground landing on it's back in grass and pine needles.
I got lucky this time.  Just one cracked prop and no other damaged........not even a scuff.
I changed all 4 props just to be sure, rebooted everything, and was back flying in munutes with no errors or problems.
I won't make that mistake again.

2018-8-13
Use props
Koelkop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22814806 ft
South Africa

Good to hear there is no damage!

I also flew mine into a tree after about 100 flights, props were a bit scuffed but no serious injuries

Still flying without a hitch at 136 hours flight time.
2018-8-13
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

I can imagine how you felt when the MPP hit. Glad that it was only a brief encounter with the tree and no extensive damage.
Almost did the same . Speeding along a small lake shore and took the turn to fast and wide. Caught a glimpse of a tree dead ahead so I just let loose of the sticks and the MP came to a sudden stop.  Another foot and I would of been fishing the MP out of the tree or worse out of the water.  
I would like to say I won't make that mistake again but it only takes a momentary lapse in memory and by, by drone. Fly safe.
2018-8-13
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Glad to hear no damage and you're up and flying again. I don't usually fly sport mode but when I do, I'm too much of a chicken to fly close to anything.
2018-8-13
Use props
Far_North
lvl.4
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

I'll add that I wonder if as a pilot becomes more confident and comfortable flying their drone is there really less chance of a crash.   One way to look at it is as confidence and skill builds so do the number of chances taken.  I don't think I would have made the mistake I made today back when I first got my MPP.  
2018-8-13
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

All right far north, happiness is when you put on new props and it flies again showing no errors,  been there a couple of times, shaking with nervousness and praying that everything is all right and when it starts the lady comes on and tells you home Point is there and check it on the map,  whew!
2018-8-13
Use props
Koelkop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22814806 ft
South Africa

Far_North Posted at 2018-8-13 09:27
I'll add that I wonder if as a pilot becomes more confident and comfortable flying their drone is there really less chance of a crash.   One way to look at it is as confidence and skill builds so do the number of chances taken.  I don't think I would have made the mistake I made today back when I first got my MPP.

Getting confident was what got me, just one small lapse of concentration while flying low.
2018-8-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Good to hear that the drone is fine. Please let us know if you encounter any issues, we are here to help.
2018-8-14
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Glad to hear that all is well! I believe most of us have to go through such an experience sooner or later, at least I have had it and it also was purely my fault.
2018-8-14
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

sorry to read that great to know that it is fine
2018-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules