Just upgrade to P4 Pro V2! Love the machine!
893 6 2018-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Well, after 2 years on P3A and P3P (and almost 1000 flights), I just got P4ProV2! OMG! What a slick machine! Love the picture quality, and stability is even better than phantom 3!
3 flights so far, Now, what I see in the logs (this is from airdata)
[url=]Not Enough Force/ESC Error (repeated 8 times)[/url]

I assume this is similar to "propulsion limited to protect the battery" on P3?

Since it's a new drone, I want to make sure I do not have any issues....

I also see this a bit [url=]Braking now. Return sticks to midpoints, then continue flying. (repeated 2 times)[/url]
I assume this is just normal when letting the sticks go? I assume it's when i let them go.. I do not believe this was obstacle avoidance.

Another thing I notice is that the right wheel has to be pressed to allow for adjustment of camera attributes...

I certainly see some minor issues after the latest firmware upgrade, like having to double check the GO app, to see if a given setting took.. For example, I had to try few times before EXP settings remained as I set them.

I also noticed that go app does not always startup on it's own when I turn on the controller - i can either start it manually or sometimes I have to reinsert the USB cable into the controller.

Also, few times I had my drone on, and worked off for a minute or 2, to find that even though the radio is still connected (green) the app shows disconnected - i had to power cycle the drone....

Any other things that I should be aware of going from 3 to 4? Or anything to look out for to make sure I have no faults in the drone or the radio while it's still under warranty?

Thx!

Here's the maiden flight ;)

2018-8-13
Use props
Mullheliflier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The centre sticks warning is a common one once the machine stops using collision avoidance. The warning sound will stop and you can continue flying. Strong sunlight can cause obstacle avoidance to come on. I am loving my P4 Pro V2 too.
2018-8-13
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

Mullheliflier Posted at 2018-8-13 12:33
The centre sticks warning is a common one once the machine stops using collision avoidance. The warning sound will stop and you can continue flying. Strong sunlight can cause obstacle avoidance to come on. I am loving my P4 Pro V2 too.

yes, i am impressed with it on multiple levels - including little stuff - like the lights go off when u take a pic, it's quieter, some buttons on the remote have been re-assigned to functions that make more sense...  Looks like DJI listened to some suggestions and ideas, or arrived at same on their own...   And the camera quality.. huge improvement during night flying! The photos come out so much nicer!
2018-8-13
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

well done fly safe
2018-8-15
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

TommyGa Posted at 2018-8-16 09:54
Uggghhhh!!!! You should have waited a couple weeks! One week from today there will be a Mavic 2 Pro with a camera even better than the P4Pro - same 1" sensor but a Hasselblad camera. Longer flight time, longer range, foldeable, smaller, better ActiveTrack, better obstacle avoidance, and APAS! See if you can return it. DJI is going to kill off the Phantom line except for replaceable lenses on the P5.

No biggie, I love phantom line, and i do not want mavic right now.. i want a bigger drone.. so aside from waiting for p5, or perhaps the price of p4 dropping when mavic2 comes out (and pricing changes a lot all the time), I do not think i will regret this.
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do feel glad that you were able to love already the product. Some tips and friendly suggestions to you on your battery is posted below for a better understanding. Remember to store the aircraft and the remote in a room temperature area. You need at least use the aircraft once a month to keep the integrity of the battery always in tip top shape. We're here to help you with this. Have a safe flight always.

Battery Storage
2018-8-16
Use props
P4P+_Brazil
lvl.4
Brazil

Phantomski Posted at 2018-8-16 11:53
No biggie, I love phantom line, and i do not want mavic right now.. i want a bigger drone.. so aside from waiting for p5, or perhaps the price of p4 dropping when mavic2 comes out (and pricing changes a lot all the time), I do not think i will regret this.

Same here.
2018-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules