P4A = Calibrating vision sensors
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hi
My P4A + has just started to say that I need to calibrate the vision sensors?
(No hard landings, always catch it by hand etc).

So, I tried a few times manually calibrating via the app on the Plus screen using the remote - But this fails.

Then I tried connecting it to my iMac, latest OS(High Sierra) and DJI app(DJI Assit 2 - V2.0.2), tried a few times now, but no blue boxes appear so nothing to follow?

Just a large white blank screen(see attached), is this a known issue and what is the solution please ?

Also why should this suddenly occur as sensors are clean, just one of those things ?

Thanks

Blank screen !

Blank screen !
2018-8-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced. regarding with your concern I would recommend to give a try to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 on your Mac. then make sure the drivers will install properly for ex. HoRNDIS you can able to see that will prompt as well. then after you install it restart your Mac then give a try again.
2018-8-13
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-13 13:27
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced. regarding with your concern I would recommend to give a try to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 on your Mac. then make sure the drivers will install properly for ex. HoRNDIS you can able to see that will prompt as well. then after you install it restart your Mac then give a try again.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

What exactly is ex.HoRNDIS ?

+++ Update after Google +++
HoRNDIS, (pronounced horrendous) is a driver created by Joshua Wise for Mac OS X users with 10.6.8 and above. It allows you to use your Android smartphone's native USB tethering mode to gain internet access—without rooting.

So my question would be I do not have or need an Android device to be connected, but I do recall excluding this on the installation !

I suspect you are going to advise the install for this has some driver/code that is required(as your reply) - will give it a try later - Thanks.

2018-8-13
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

KEJ Posted at 2018-8-13 21:52
Thanks for the prompt reply.

What exactly is ex.HoRNDIS ?

Removed existing version Assist.

Reinstalled and also installed HoRNDIS - Rebooted.

Still did not work, also tried changing screen resolution.

DJI any ideas please ?
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

KEJ Posted at 2018-8-14 05:50
Removed existing version Assist.

Reinstalled and also installed HoRNDIS - Rebooted.

Thanks for trying and sorry to hear the issue still persist, I have some last resort that you can give a try I would suggest to give a try it using a different PC,Laptop and see if the issue will still occur, If still. what I can do here is to forward this issue to our developer for us to have the answer and report this as well what user experiencing for them to see what could be the cause and rectify it.
2018-8-14
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-14 10:51
Thanks for trying and sorry to hear the issue still persist, I have some last resort that you can give a try I would suggest to give a try it using a different PC,Laptop and see if the issue will still occur, If still. what I can do here is to forward this issue to our developer for us to have the answer and report this as well what user experiencing for them to see what could be the cause and rectify it.

I will have to see if I have an old laptop hanging around, although I find it odd that it has not previously been tested or this has not come to light from other iMac users.

2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

KEJ Posted at 2018-8-14 22:01
I will have to see if I have an old laptop hanging around, although I find it odd that it has not previously been tested or this has not come to light from other iMac users.

Yes I understand you about that, just keep us posted  whenever you're able to try on different laptop, thanks!
2018-8-15
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-15 09:15
Yes I understand you about that, just keep us posted  whenever you're able to try on different laptop, thanks!

Old Sony laptop found (Windows 7) installed Assistant 2  - few warning messages later(don't you love windows).

Calibrated the sensors on the drone, job done & the error message has gone away.

I would be interested to know how many Apple users there are VS Microsoft ?

Anyway job done - thanks everyone.
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

KEJ Posted at 2018-8-16 06:49
Old Sony laptop found (Windows 7) installed Assistant 2  - few warning messages later(don't you love windows).

Calibrated the sensors on the drone, job done & the error message has gone away.

Perfect! nice to hear that and we're very sorry for the inconvenience that you have encountered, we can wait some feedback as well from other user if they facing these issue while using an Mac, however, I can forward this as well to our developer is the being encountered as well by other users.
2018-8-18
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-18 06:42
Perfect! nice to hear that and we're very sorry for the inconvenience that you have encountered, we can wait some feedback as well from other user if they facing these issue while using an Mac, however, I can forward this as well to our developer is the being encountered as well by other users.

No problem, just one of those things, odd it has not been picked up - I do have a 5k screen, although also tried it on the dual monitor(even lower res etc).

It was annoying with the message & you dont want any issues, still slightly odd that the iMac (OS) was effected and I could not calibrate.

However, all good now and thanks.
2018-8-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

KEJ Posted at 2018-8-18 08:01
No problem, just one of those things, odd it has not been picked up - I do have a 5k screen, although also tried it on the dual monitor(even lower res etc).

It was annoying with the message & you dont want any issues, still slightly odd that the iMac (OS) was effected and I could not calibrate.

Ok nice to hear that, I understand you about that if you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back and we're glad to help you, thanks!
2018-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules