Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cache memory
1741 8 2018-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Amjad1983
Second Officer
Flight distance : 310489 ft
United Arab Emirates

Where is the cache memory located exactly inside the drone or RC ?

I am just wondering my internal memory empty and still i have a message no enough space to cache videos ,you cache is full
I dont want to clear my cache so not to lose my videos for more edit on DJI Go app
2018-8-14
Use props
GDL
First Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

The video cache refer to your mobile device. It’s not related to the RC and AC. You need to free up space in the mobile device.
2018-8-14
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

It's in your display device, if you look at settings in DJI Go 4 in the 'General Settings' menu (tap the three dot icon at top right of flight display screen). You will see options to switch it on or off, to set cache memory size on device, and it can be set to clear oldest file when memory full. These are also the files used initially by the editor to create a 30 second demo' video.
2018-8-14
Use props
Amjad1983
Second Officer
United Arab Emirates

Thanks alot for clarification
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The cache files are the video and photo that is located on your mobile device. Please let us know if you encounter any issue. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-14
Use props
Amjad1983
Second Officer
Luxembourg

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-14 11:09
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The cache files are the video and photo that is located on your mobile device. Please let us know if you encounter any issue. Thank you for the support.

How to increase my Cache capacity for DJI videos ?
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Amjad1983 Posted at 2018-8-14 11:19

Hi, it would be your phone capacity if it can still be stored photos or videos.
2018-8-14
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.4

I would delete the cache as you go... The phone isn't a storage device. And you have the files in the internal memory, SD card, or whatever you're recording to. You should plug-in and dump the footage, handle the proxies inside a machine built for that kinda thing. You could get cloud storage too, but it can be pricey at 4K.
2018-8-14
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Amjad1983 Posted at 2018-8-14 11:19

IF your smartphone has microSD card slot
IF GO-4 will still allow you to
You can have cache videos written to a microSD card instead of smartphone's internal memory

Before buying microSD card, make sure option is showing up under GO-4's video caching options

Ironically, despite DJI's CrystalSky Ultra brite having to microSD card slots, GO-4 does not offer option to cache videos to either slot.
2018-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules