Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Travel Hacks [Off Topics]
758 0 2018-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ImaneFadir
lvl.4

Morocco

Hi everyone!

Today I read an awesome article about traveling, i think it will help you in your next trip:

1. Never pay for water at the airport
Things have got rather strict with bottles of liquid recently. Doesn’t matter whether it looks as if the seal been tampered with or not, a bottle with liquid in it is a no go. So, instead of bringing a full bottle, bring an empty bottle to the airport and refill it after you’ve passed through security.
2. Email yourself a scan of your passport
You’ll thank yourself if you’re ever a victim of theft or loss. It’s also worth taking a screenshot of any journey confirmations. If you’ve booked any flights, buses or trains, whether you’re on your phone, laptop or tablet, make sure you screenshot them while you have Wi-Fi or internet access so you can access them when you’re no longer connected. So much easier than lugging around printouts. As travel hacks go, this is one you don’t want to ignore in case anything goes wrong.
3. Use Arihla to find cheap flights and hotel deals
As a travelers, the first thing came to your head is booking.com or Skyscanner to find a cheap flight or hotel deals... What you don't know that these tools earn a huge commission from your booking that's why you can get a cheaper deal compared to Skyscanner or google flight. I highly recommend to use Arihla is a small app where you can find a cheaper deal than Google flightor Skyscanner.

4. Charge your electronics through a TV
Lost or forgotten your wall plug for your charger? No worries, most modern TVs have a USB connector on the back or side. Simply plug in your electrical device and watch that little battery icon charge.
5. For exchanging money.
The worst rates are at airports, hotels, the usual travel spots. Banks are usually better. I prefer to just get cash from ATMs. Visit expat websites and forums to look up threads where they discuss the best places to exchange money.
6. Ask the price FIRST.
You'll avoid the vast majority of scams by finding out how much something costs before you're committed to it. Otherwise you're prepping to have a really interesting conversation with your taxi driver at your destination...
7. Don’t buy expensive luggage.
It’s not worth it. It will get scratched and broken and you will get stressed trying to wrap it in the foil etc. It’s just not worth it.
8. How do I make friends in a strange city or country if I don't know anyone and I'm an introvert (that's me!)?
Sign up for a several-hour activity of some kind through your hotel, hostel or whoever's offering one. Elephant riding, bamboo raft ride, parasailing, ziplining, hot springs soak, cooking class ... doesn't matter, whatever floats your boat. You'll inevitably meet people with whom you have something in common, strike up a conversation, and gather serious intel on this location (since they've probably been there a day or two) and lots of other places they just visited that they can't wait to tell you about and show you pictures of themselves standing in front of.
I hope it will help you...
If you have any ingenious travel hacks of your own to share, stick them in the comments below.

2018-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules