Ronin S won't stop panning
6189 6 2018-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wsm0101
lvl.1

Hey everyone, I'm dealing with a frustration with the pan channel that will not stop moving, the thumb joystick is not engaged.  I'm including pictures from the app.  I tried pressing the trigger 4 times to reset the channel properties, but it just keeps moving, not sure what is going on, anything I might be missing?
Screenshot_20180814-095324.png
Screenshot_20180814-095359.png
2018-8-14
Use props
wsm0101
lvl.1

Attaching a video of the issue: https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... 5o/view?usp=sharing
2018-8-14
Use props
bob_angie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 321519 ft

wsm0101 Posted at 2018-8-14 12:45
Attaching a video of the issue: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11m5eHVPKHihXL2R_Cvjem_6iz1tNBM5o/view?usp=sharing

I think someone said this was solved by calibrating the control joystick, I'm attaching a picture from the Ronin-S manual to help explain how to do this. Hopefully, this solves your problem, if not, you should report to DJI support.
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey there, please try to do system calibration to see whether it helps. If the issue persists, you may refer to 3# and try to calibrate the control joystick, please keep us posted on the latest progress, thanks so much!
2018-8-15
Use props
griffdude13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53507 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had this issue too, calibrate the joystick, and it'll fix the issue.
2018-8-15
Use props
amanda.k.ryan1087-sp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1566916 ft
United States

I had to play around with the joint angle by moving the joy stick ever so slightly to get the numbers across the board near zero and def below 1. Then when you have a good set of numbers you press joint angle on the screen and a secret menu pops up. You have to hold for a at least 6 good seconds. Then when the menu pops up click ok. It will reset the joy stick reading on channel 3. I figured it out last night. I know this is late in the game but I hope this helps everyone with the problem!
2021-4-1
Use props
FTrindade
lvl.2
Flight distance : 395456 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

amanda.k.ryan1087-sp Posted at 2021-4-1 03:47
I had to play around with the joint angle by moving the joy stick ever so slightly to get the numbers across the board near zero and def below 1. Then when you have a good set of numbers you press joint angle on the screen and a secret menu pops up. You have to hold for a at least 6 good seconds. Then when the menu pops up click ok. It will reset the joy stick reading on channel 3. I figured it out last night. I know this is late in the game but I hope this helps everyone with the problem!

Had the same issue.

Today, after reading this thread, applied the joystick calibration, then the joint angle calibration suggested by @amanda.k.ryan1087-sp above and then align the joystick again and bam.. no more issue!

Thank you so much, everyone!
2022-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules