Osmo Mobile Vertical Issue
2504 4 2018-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sully Sullivan
New
Canada

I recently purchased an Osmo Mobile. After setting it up and trying to calibrate the gimbal the camera is level horizontally but not vertically.   The camera shoots approximately 30 degrees in an upward direction.

I reset the gimbal to factory settings and also auto re-calibrated the gimbal several times. When re-calibrating it I noticed that my phone never lies flat(phone screen parallel to table) like I have seen on YouTube videos. Could the gimbal be defective?

I am using an iphone 6s.

2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you tighten the screw of the knob at the back of the phone holder?
2018-8-14
Use props
Sully Sullivan
New
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-14 07:40
Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you tighten the screw of the knob at the back of the phone holder?

Yes I tightened the knob at the back.

While the gimbal is off I spun the part where the phone sits.  It spins 180 degrees, but not flat to flat(if that makes sense).  It over rotates past flat one way and and cannot make it to sit flat when spun the opposite way.
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Sully Sullivan Posted at 2018-8-14 10:28
Yes I tightened the knob at the back.

While the gimbal is off I spun the part where the phone sits.  It spins 180 degrees, but not flat to flat(if that makes sense).  It over rotates past flat one way and and cannot make it to sit flat when spun the opposite way.

I see. If that's the case, we highly suggest having it replaced.
2018-8-15
Use props
kapsolas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184626 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you remediated this issue?
Mine has a similar issue as well.
2023-6-25
Use props
Advanced