microphone
1333 15 2018-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans524e4ea3
lvl.1
Canada

Hello
How do I stop the Osmo app from accessing the microphone on my iPhone X? I've tried going into the DJI app in my phone's settings and not "allowing" microphone access but then I can't load the DJI app without allowing it to access the microphone. I want to film silently and add sound later in post production. Thanks.
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Did you try to disable the record audio option?
2018-8-14
Use props
fans524e4ea3
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-14 09:06
Hello there. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Did you try to disable the record audio option?

How do I do that?
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Thank you for the response. That will be in the general settings > camera > record audio.
2018-8-17
Use props
fans524e4ea3
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-17 01:46
Thank you for the response. That will be in the general settings > camera > record audio.

The only items under settings-camera are video resolution, panorama quality, reset camera, save unstitched camera photos and zoom sensitivity.  I’m using the DJI Go app. As far as I know, it’s the most recent version. Not sure how to tell.
2018-8-17
Use props
fans524e4ea3
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-17 01:46

I have th osmo mobile 1st edition
2018-8-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans524e4ea3 Posted at 2018-8-17 04:14
I have th osmo mobile 1st edition

Can you try to turn off the microphone on the general settings of your mobile device?
2018-8-17
Use props
fans524e4ea3
lvl.1
Canada

I tried disabling the microphone on my iPhone but DJI wouldn’t let me connect my phone  to the app unless I enabled the microphone
2018-8-17
Use props
BrettRaio
New

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-14 09:06

Hi, Wanda! I love the DJI Osmo 2, and I plan to purchase one as well, I just have one important question before doing so - are the DJI Osmo 2 and the Zoom H6 compatible with the iPhone X?
1. How would the setup work, and 2. Would the sound be separate from, or included with the recorded video (if this isn't the case, importing the audio file separately and adding it to the video in editor shouldn't be too much of a hassle - if there's a way around that though, please do share!) Thank you very much, peace!
2018-8-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

BrettRaio Posted at 2018-8-17 13:11
Hi, Wanda! I love the DJI Osmo 2, and I plan to purchase one as well, I just have one important question before doing so - are the DJI Osmo 2 and the Zoom H6 compatible with the iPhone X?
1. How would the setup work, and 2. Would the sound be separate from, or included with the recorded video (if this isn't the case, importing the audio file separately and adding it to the video in editor shouldn't be too much of a hassle - if there's a way around that though, please do share!) Thank you very much, peace!

Hello there. Thank you for the interest. The iPhone X is compatible with our Osmo Mobile 2 however, we do not recommend our customers to use any third-party accessories which is the Zoom H6. In regards on other question, you just need to attach your iPhone X to your Osmo Mobile 2. Please make sure to remove any case. Also, audio will be coming from the mobile device you are using which the iPhone X. If you will going to edit it you may just use mute to your editor to remove the sound to your videos. I hope this helps you. Thanks.
2018-8-17
Use props
BrettRaio
New

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-17 14:41
Hello there. Thank you for the interest. The iPhone X is compatible with our Osmo Mobile 2 however, we do not recommend our customers to use any third-party accessories which is the Zoom H6. In regards on other question, you just need to attach your iPhone X to your Osmo Mobile 2. Please make sure to remove any case. Also, audio will be coming from the mobile device you are using which the iPhone X. If you will going to edit it you may just use mute to your editor to remove the sound to your videos. I hope this helps you. Thanks.

Thank you for your response, Natalia - I suppose my question then is, as a tool for vlogging - how can one get great sound as well as great video, using the DJI and compatible iPhone X? I haven't heard many great things, but have you found the iPhone X to provide good quality audio using this combination ??
2018-8-18
Use props
fans524e4ea3
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-17 04:23
Can you try to turn off the microphone on the general settings of your mobile device?
[view_image]

That didn’t work
2018-8-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Thank you for the response. We'll confirm this with our engineers. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-8-19
Use props
fans524e4ea3
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-19 01:01
Thank you for the response. We'll confirm this with our engineers. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello. I’m still trying to figure out how to disable the microphone on my iPhone X when filming with the Osmo Mobile (1). I’m going on vacation in 2 days and would really like to get this figured out beforehand. Thsnks.
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans524e4ea3 Posted at 2018-8-24 03:48
Hello. I’m still trying to figure out how to disable the microphone on my iPhone X when filming with the Osmo Mobile (1). I’m going on vacation in 2 days and would really like to get this figured out beforehand. Thsnks.

Hi. Sorry for the late response. We were able to confirm in our engineers that there's no way for us to mute the audio on recording a video. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-8-24
Use props
cici
New

United States

I suggest "Vikerer Triple Cold shoe Mount" on amazon.com
2018-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules