Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lightbridge video link is now really bad
1197 15 2018-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Airking Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

Hi DJI:
One of our main clients works with live feed. He have had some issues with Lightbridge link in the past (that were never corrected), but now we found it is worst than ever:
testing and checking we discovered this:
With the latest FW in aircraft and RC (Cendence and regular RC with Cristal Sky), when you set the bitrate to 10Mb, if the link starts to get weak (I think when the signal can´t reach 10Mb) the image suffers from seriour jumps/jitters/freezing/pixelation/macroblocking. Drone is close, channel is clean, full bars link. When we lower the bitrate to 6Mb, it instantly cures most of this issues.
We have two I2. The other running an older FW (1.010.0010) with regular RC and Ipad mini 2 16gb... working flawlesly!!! Same conditions
We tested this: used the regular RC / ipad with the newest firmware and work just fine. Even tried to hide behind a wall to see how this affects the image: beside a drop in signal strenght, it is just perfect (between Lightbridge ¨perfect¨parameters).
So there is some kind of bug with the newest RC firmware / Cristal Sky. It´s affecting our job. Transmitting in 6Mb or lower shows all the weakness of the Lightbridge signal.
We will try to downgrade RC, but as always: walking backwards

Best regards
PD: When is DJI going to fix/replace I2 lightbridge with a real TX/RX link? Is it in their plans? Everybody working live feed is asking how to hack the I2 to add a Teradek 3000.

2018-8-14
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Did you try to use Patch Antenna on Cendence for live feed? This setup may improve video transmission on short distances.
2018-8-14
Use props
Airking Pilot
Second Officer
Argentina

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-8-14 10:12
Did you try to use Patch Antenna on Cendence for live feed? This setup may improve video transmission on short distances.

"This may improve" is not true in this case
Not having improvement at all. We have Cendence and Patch Antenna. It´s the same.
And as I said, with the older RC / Ipad mini2 and older FW, works as it should.
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please provide the firmware version of your aircraft, remote, Cendence, and CrystalSky?
2018-8-15
Use props
Airking Pilot
Second Officer
Argentina

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-15 09:49
Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please provide the firmware version of your aircraft, remote, Cendence, and CrystalSky?

The latest in every piece
Working just fine with the older FW / Ipad mini 2
Is anybody else having this kind of issues?
The difference (between results in the new and the old FW) are very noticeable
2018-8-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Airking Pilot Posted at 2018-8-15 17:53
The latest in every piece
Working just fine with the older FW / Ipad mini 2
Is anybody else having this kind of issues?

I see. Did you try to refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2?
2018-8-16
Use props
Airking Pilot
Second Officer
Argentina

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-16 01:24
I see. Did you try to refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2?

I happened the same with the previous, so we thought it would be better with the lastest, but it´s the same. Some kind of transmission bug happens when we set the bitrate as its highest (10mb). From time to time, because some drop from optimal signal I think, the image just make any kind of jumping / pixelation. Channel is set to manual and always free. Happening at any range.
Not happened with any aircraft FW and old RC FW
That´s why we think is any bug in the latest  RC FW or Cristal Sky FW or its combination
In the old RC we are using Ipad mini 2 with no issues
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Airking Pilot Posted at 2018-8-16 06:15
I happened the same with the previous, so we thought it would be better with the lastest, but it´s the same. Some kind of transmission bug happens when we set the bitrate as its highest (10mb). From time to time, because some drop from optimal signal I think, the image just make any kind of jumping / pixelation. Channel is set to manual and always free. Happening at any range.
Not happened with any aircraft FW and old RC FW
That´s why we think is any bug in the latest  RC FW or Cristal Sky FW or its combination

I see. We apologize for the inconvenience. We will forward this concern to our engineers. Your patience will be much appreciated.
2018-8-16
Use props
Airking Pilot
Second Officer
Argentina

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-16 07:37
I see. We apologize for the inconvenience. We will forward this concern to our engineers. Your patience will be much appreciated.

Any clue regarding rock solid transmission?
It used to be that, but now it´s rare a day we are not struggling to get a decent signal with no cuts
2018-9-25
Use props
PSlats
lvl.1
Flight distance : 456381 ft
Australia

Any updates on this?
2018-10-18
Use props
Airking Pilot
Second Officer
Argentina

PSlats Posted at 2018-10-18 04:08
Any updates on this?

Well, only that our I2, 1.010.100 , ipad 2 mini is performing way better than our I2, 1.020.0100, Cendence, Cristal Sky. Waste of money!
2018-10-19
Use props
PH3KS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 39537 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Just ordered one xtra remote to verify its a FW problem.
2018-10-19
Use props
Airking Pilot
Second Officer
Argentina

PH3KS Posted at 2018-10-19 10:56
Just ordered one xtra remote to verify its a FW problem.

But you can just change the FW to check this without buying an extra RC
2018-10-22
Use props
PH3KS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 39537 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Airking Pilot Posted at 2018-10-22 06:53
But you can just change the FW to check this without buying an extra RC

Not on set. Cant risk it.  
But testing the xtra remote today did not do anything. Wifi on all nearby mobiles was turn off. Location > the middle of nowhere.
When set to AUTO loosing the Slave signal within 10 feet from Master when someone gets in between.
EU mode @ 4mbps, 2.4ghz and manual channel is the only thing that works atm on the FW > AC V01.02.0100 Remote v01.01.0010
Don’t know what else to do. This is really crazy.
2018-10-23
Use props
Airking Pilot
Second Officer
Argentina

PH3KS Posted at 2018-10-23 11:37
Not on set. Cant risk it.  
But testing the xtra remote today did not do anything. Wifi on all nearby mobiles was turn off. Location > the middle of nowhere.
When set to AUTO loosing the Slave signal within 10 feet from Master when someone gets in between.

RC / ipad or Cristal Sky?
Our I2 with 1.01.0100 is working way better than 1.02. 0100. Better with RC/Ipad
Don´t ask why
2018-10-29
Use props
Airking Pilot
Second Officer
Argentina

PH3KS Posted at 2018-10-23 11:37
Not on set. Cant risk it.  
But testing the xtra remote today did not do anything. Wifi on all nearby mobiles was turn off. Location > the middle of nowhere.

We never test/experiment on set
That´s your prep day and you need to be sure you can go back on anything you test.
Good luck!
2018-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules