Mavic Air Remote Ripping Mobile Screen Covers
689 7 2018-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_3TJpTkPDs5ug
lvl.1

Ireland

Hi

I have a mavic air drone and am using it with my Samsung S8+ mobile. I have a Zagg thin tpu cover on my phone that is properly fitted with no bubbles or corners lifting. However when I attach my phone to the remote its rubber clamps always start ripping up and bending the cover - particularly on the top.

I have had to then remove the cover and refit a new one after but that then gets removed too. Im unable to constantly buy and refit covers after each time I use the drone.

It could be being caused by the s8's curved screen.

Has anyone had similar issues? Or is there any other s8 or s9 users who can share what cover you have fitted that works. Or has anyone been able to widen the rubber clamps on the remote?
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, may we have the screenshot of the issue? Apparently, the S8+ is quite larger than the normal Samsung s8. As of the moment, the Samsung S8 is the one that is compatible with our DJI GO 4 app.
2018-8-14
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Have you tried some of better rated screen protectors?
2018-8-14
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hope you are not blaming this on the RC.
2018-8-14
Use props
djiuser_3TJpTkPDs5ug
lvl.1

Ireland

thanks for the replies everyone

No im not blaming it on the RC,  but its interesting to ask as the S8 is one of the slimmest phones on the market and the rubber holders inside the phone holding clamps is quite small.

I havent tried any other of the screen protectors yet, but the Zagg is one of the most expensive that can be used, so dont think there are other better TPU type covers. I could try the tempered glass but a lot of people have said dont due to the glare and potential issues with the sun.

I'll fit another cover and then upload some more photos as at the min I am away from home and had to remove the last cover and all my replacement covers are at home
2018-8-14
Use props
XhakaLacca Boom
lvl.1

Ireland

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-14 12:18
Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, may we have the screenshot of the issue? Apparently, the S8+ is quite larger than the normal Samsung s8. As of the moment, the Samsung S8 is the one that is compatible with our DJI GO 4 app.

thanks Tony. This would also help explain the other post I have just posted about the DJI GO 4 app and the Samsung S8+ not playing well due to the screen size. But I also have the issue of the Samsung menu not being pinned and then coming in on top of the app left hand buttons

See https://forum.dji.com/thread-161663-1-1.html
2018-8-14
Use props
dcaton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39606 ft

djiuser_3TJpTkPDs5ug Posted at 2018-8-14 13:37
thanks for the replies everyone

No im not blaming it on the RC,  but its interesting to ask as the S8 is one of the slimmest phones on the market and the rubber holders inside the phone holding clamps is quite small.

Have you considered just not using a screen protector?  I stopped using them a long time ago.  I had a Note 4 for many years with no protector and the screen never got scratched up.  I currently have a Note 8 that's about a year old and no scratches there either.  I think the glass on these high end phones is pretty tough.  

I do have a rubber bumper around the case to protect the corners from drops, and I had to take that off whenever I used the Note 8 with my MA.  But that's to be expected.  
2018-8-14
Use props
XhakaLacca Boom
lvl.1

Ireland

Hi dcaton.  I have considered not using one. I've always had one on my phone's to save from scratches etc. I don't really like to have the massive cases or flip cases as that is too bulky

As I said, I'm away at the min and had to rip off the cover so it will be another few days before I can get another one to fit so I should hopefully get used to no cover.

Out of interest on your note 8 I take it it were using as normal, throwing it in and out of pockets etc?
2018-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules