Camera Control Lag
1712 7 2018-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AaronY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3888071 ft
United States

Flying Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 and lately I've been experiencing extreme lag in camera function controls. After taking a RAW photo, the camera wheel spins as if it's processing for over 10 seconds, sometimes over a minute while in flight. So im sitting there burning battery waiting and waiting for the image capture to complete so I can move on to my next shot. I have found this happening while taking both JPG and RAW. I have also found that if I repeatedly press the shutter button or adjust shutter, etc, once it finally shows life again it will suddenly show several photo captures and adjustments, as if there is a backlog in the command funtions going through. Anyone experiencing similar issues??? Using iPad Mini 4-wifi only as mobile device. Also using Sandisk Extreme Pro SD Card with 95 MB/s write speeds so I am sure it's not the SD.
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, I'm sorry for the inconvenience and trouble caused. Have you tried to reset your camera settings? Also, Can you please try to reset your micro SD card. Let's see if this will work. Thank you.
2018-8-14
Use props
AaronY
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-14 12:57
Hi, I'm sorry for the inconvenience and trouble caused. Have you tried to reset your camera settings? Also, Can you please try to reset your micro SD card. Let's see if this will work. Thank you.

No luck. Just did both. Reformatted SD card and reset camera settings even at reset in jpeg takes 2 quick shots then 3rd one takes upwards of 30 sec....
2018-8-14
Use props
AaronY
lvl.2
United States

AaronY Posted at 2018-8-14 14:58
No luck. Just did both. Reformatted SD card and reset camera settings even at reset in jpeg takes 2 quick shots then 3rd one takes upwards of 30 sec....

Update - Tried a different mobile device, Samsung Galaxy s7 and camera functioned normally. So seems to be malfunctioning with the iPad mini 4. I had it on my table testing it out and I could hear the shutter functioning as I continued pressing the shutter button, even though the screen showed the spinning wheel the whole time. So is it the actual iPad, the app version, or it's functionality in iOS?
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

AaronY Posted at 2018-8-14 15:21
Update - Tried a different mobile device, Samsung Galaxy s7 and camera functioned normally. So seems to be malfunctioning with the iPad mini 4. I had it on my table testing it out and I could hear the shutter functioning as I continued pressing the shutter button, even though the screen showed the spinning wheel the whole time. So is it the actual iPad, the app version, or it's functionality in iOS?

Hello there. I'm glad it was now working with Galaxy S7. In regards to your iPad mini 4, did you check if the shutter sound is on? Also, may I know if your iPad is updated to the latest version? Thank you.
2018-8-16
Use props
AaronY
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-16 10:37
Hello there. I'm glad it was now working with Galaxy S7. In regards to your iPad mini 4, did you check if the shutter sound is on? Also, may I know if your iPad is updated to the latest version? Thank you.

The Shutter sound on the iPad? I could hear it on the drone. The iPad has the latest ios updates and dji go 4 updates.
2018-8-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

AaronY Posted at 2018-8-18 11:28
The Shutter sound on the iPad? I could hear it on the drone. The iPad has the latest ios updates and dji go 4 updates.

Try turning off the mechanical shutter in camera settings. Also, you should perodically format the SD card, it will improve its write speed.

2018-8-18
Use props
ctoms2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2353743 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 8-18 15:57
Try turning off the mechanical shutter in camera settings. Also, you should perodically format the SD card, it will improve its write speed.

Any changes in this situation? We fly several P4P and this issue seems to come and goes. We use iPad Pros and iPad Mini4 devices. We fly hundreds of flights a year over multiple pilots and can say with confidence that this issue seems to be tied to the iPads. We just cannot figure out why? Why does it go away? What brings it back.

Any help would be appreciated.
2018-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules