Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
4K VIDEO FILE TRANSFER
9478 8 2018-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bapski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56171 ft
United States

Ive had the MA for a less than a month and i am so far happy with it compared to my Spark.
One frustrating(understatement) thing is how 4k footage is handled. id like to have it autoedited by DJI GO APP but i get an error prompt that only 1080p files can be downloaded!
so why bother with a 4k video file format then if you cannot have it auto-edited and shared on the fly?

ive used "sync for dji" but this app is flaky. it frequently disconnects, and the transfer takes a loong time.

one thing ive also noticed odd with working with video clips is that i get my video clip 4k, quickshots auto edited with sound clips on my iphone BUT NOT on my ipad! what gives?

anybody else have these issues and or how you have dealt with 4k video clip auto-editing and transfers?

thank you much for your kind help.
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and sorry for some inconvenience regarding with your concern. It would be to transfer the file from Aircraft Sd card going to PC just to make sure there will be no problem and also regarding with editing as far as I know DJI GO/ DJI GO 4 app doesn't support to edit footage above 1080P. This is due to the hardware settings. We suggest editing video via the video editor on the PC using any third party application.
2018-8-14
Use props
Zam44
lvl.3
Flight distance : 60958 ft
Malaysia

Wow what device are you using that can handle 4K vid? I tried to do on a notebook and every time I try to open the file it crashed the notebook. Seems you need to have a a large amount of computing power ram and also graphics card. Rendering even a short 1080p video takes a longgggg time. Yes I do know I need a new computer to handle videos.
2018-8-14
Use props
bapski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56171 ft
United States

Zam44 Posted at 2018-8-14 15:21
Wow what device are you using that can handle 4K vid? I tried to do on a notebook and every time I try to open the file it crashed the notebook. Seems you need to have a a large amount of computing power ram and also graphics card. Rendering even a short 1080p video takes a longgggg time. Yes I do know I need a new computer to handle videos.

i was on vacation and had no computer to use. i used my ipad to transfer files and edit the video files using imovie.
2018-8-14
Use props
Paul_IA
Captain
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

I can't imagine trying to edit 4K on my phone (or IPad). You have way more patience than I have good sir.
2018-8-14
Use props
GDL
First Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

Why need 4K video if your equipment unable to handle it
2018-8-14
Use props
kosmelnikov
lvl.1
Flight distance : 634098 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

Hi bapski,

Sync for DJI is a very stable app now.
Yes, it works with 4K video and has a bunch of cool features like create stabilized Hyperlase or ability to download RAW files. Which are very impressive for all Spark, Mavic Pro, Mavic Air users.
BTW Sync for DJI team released new amazing feature last month - trim before download. So now you do not need to download entire 4k file - you can trim it and download only the best moments from a video.

Maybe you should try to use RC controller to connect your drone to iPhone (instead of direct WiFI connection). I’m sure you will be surprised how fast it is.
2019-1-25
Use props
kosmelnikov
lvl.1
Flight distance : 634098 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

For everyone who is interested in full list of Sync for DJI features here you go:
TRIM BEFORE DOWNLOAD - It was difficult engineering behind, but now we have the technology to trim parts of video directly from device memory. So, you download only nice pieces drastically reducing needed time and battery(especially for long 4K videos).

BACKGROUND SUPPORT - use other apps while Sync for DJI downloads media for you (unlike DJI Go 4 and DJI Go);

CUSTOM PHOTO/VIDEO SUPPORT - 4K, 2.7K, 120 fps, H.265, DNG, and others…

MAKE HYPERLAPSE - convert any timed shot into stabilized(!) hyperlapse. Completely with your MOBILE phone(no PC)!

STITCH AND SHARE PANORAMAS - finally, this awesome feature arrived in Sync for DJI. Share your beautiful 180° & 360° panoramas straight on Facebook!
P.S. Currently 'Mavic Pro' and Osmo do not supply panorama files due to SDK bug. We are working with DJI team to solve this issue.

FAST AND EASY SHARING - share your best photos and videos directly from the DJI device. Personalize your media with custom watermarks(optional);

LOCAL STORAGE - quickly download your captured media to the local storage; manage & share favorite media without any concerns about the remaining battery capacity;

ALSO: Resumable Downloads, Reliable Notifications, Favorite/Reject Media, Color Tags, Smart Filters, Tasks in Line, Async deletion, Share with a Friend, etc.
Site: https://www.syncfordji.com
2019-1-25
Use props
fans5636c092
New
Flight distance : 45341 ft
Germany

kosmelnikov Posted at 2019-1-25 06:35
For everyone who is interested in full list of Sync for DJI features here you go:
TRIM BEFORE DOWNLOAD - It was difficult engineering behind, but now we have the technology to trim parts of video directly from device memory. So, you download only nice pieces drastically reducing needed time and battery(especially for long 4K videos).

Hi there, just installed sync for DJI. Looks nice but I am missing one important feature- the audio recorded on the iPhone. Using DJI go 4 to downlosd files the audio is mixed. Well knowing that ist the sound recorded from iPhone it is better than having no sound at all. Any chance  to do this with sync for DJI?
2020-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules