Mavic Air & Samsung Resolution
568 8 2018-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
XhakaLacca Boom
lvl.1

Ireland

Hi

I have a Mavic Air and Samsung S8+ and having some issues using the DJI4 app due to the mobile resolution. The Samsung has a hidden menu that you can decide if you want to appear if you swipe up or pin it to the bottom (or side) or an app to always be present. However I have been trying to do it on the DJI4 app but I cant see a way to pin it.

What it means is that at times you are trying to use the left-hand screen buttons such as land, take off etc but can then accidentally bring in the samsung menu. Then there are times when you have the app open and you want to either go to the home screen, open another app or just close the DJI4Go app, but again it can be hard to bring up the menu without hitting the other buttons like land etc.

In addition, the X to close the app on the initial calibration screen is on the top right-hand corner, for the Samsung edge this means the X is actually underneath the phone holding clamp, so you have to open the clamp to press the X then put the clamp back in place. Surely this would be an issue for others with any of the newer type of phones that use the full edge of the screen?

Has anyone had similar issues and had a way to maybe get the app to pin or to adjust the resolution to make the phone work better with the app?

thanks
2018-8-14
Use props
Mikem691
Second Officer
Flight distance : 247474 ft

My s8+ does not have this problem. Next time I fly I will check this out to confirm. I have an I pad mini that I use mostly but do occasionally use my phone in bright sun. The display is brighter on the Samsung.
2018-8-14
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got no issues as you described. I think you have adjusted the screen zoom. Set it to default small!!!!
2018-8-14
Use props
XhakaLacca Boom
lvl.1

Ireland

Thanks. What do you mean set it to default small? The app?
2018-8-15
Use props
XhakaLacca Boom
lvl.1

Ireland

I've attached a screenshot to show you what I see.

You can see the DJI buttons on the left and then the Samsung buttons appearing over them.  

I am unable to pin the Samsung buttons like in other apps to effectively make the app screen a bit smaller as the Samsung buttons stay on all the time.

This wouldn't just be an issue for the S8+ but also the smaller S9 and S8s as they both have the floating menus like the larger versions
Screenshot_20180815-123342.jpg
2018-8-15
Use props
Amjad1983
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310489 ft
United Arab Emirates

really  confusing screen
If i were you i will try not to fly until i fix this issue because may disturb my flight data
2018-8-15
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

on your Samsung Device
Setting---Display--- Font and screen zoom.....check to see if screen zoom is small
screen resolution...try FHD+

I set to WQHD+ and no issue.

I am using immersive mode with Navigation Gestures App,  so not sure you want to use that. Personal Preference.
2018-8-15
Use props
XhakaLacca Boom
lvl.1

Ireland

Thanks everyone.
2018-8-15
Use props
XhakaLacca Boom
lvl.1

Ireland

Hi.

Just checked and my screen zoom is small.

I also tried FHD and WQHD but still have the same issues.

Just on my photo above. The drone is indoors as I was just grabbing a quick photo so it will have some flight errors coming up but hopefully you can all ignore that and still see the issue
2018-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules