litchi-2.JPG

LITCHI NEWS

2018-8-14
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

I'm seriously going to have to check Litchi out one of these days. I've been hoping DJI would fix their issues and start adding additional features, but I'm getting impatient.
2018-8-14
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-14 17:30
I'm seriously going to have to check Litchi out one of these days. I've been hoping DJI would fix their issues and start adding additional features, but I'm getting impatient.

Litchi is awesome but also has some downsides! But both apps together complete everything. I wish DJI Go had the options Litchi provides. It would be perfect. Sadly, there is a bug in between those apps. If you change the controller settings on Litchi, it also changes the controller settings on DJI Go but not to the same control settings for some reason but others.
2018-8-14
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Seems to me, Litchi only need to add one or two features, that DJI app have, and then we can un install that non working resource hog of a DJI app.
2018-8-15
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Germany

The only reason I don't use Litchi over DJI Go is that you can't change your camera settings by sliding with your finger over the shutter speed / iso etc. but have to press the - and + button which takes much more time sadly.
2018-8-15
Use props
RubiconCSL
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Newbie alert!  Is it safe/good/bad to have both apps running at the same time (Android and Mavic Air by the way)?  If you have both apps installed, are there any dangers of anything clashing and causing problems with the drone?  I think my DJI Go starts up automatically when I connect the controller - I'm assuming that option can and should be switched off?
2018-8-15
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

I use the LITCHI program on my iphone (iOS) and never had any problems, even keeping DJI GO together.
2018-8-15
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Germany

RubiconCSL Posted at 2018-8-15 02:48
Newbie alert!  Is it safe/good/bad to have both apps running at the same time (Android and Mavic Air by the way)?  If you have both apps installed, are there any dangers of anything clashing and causing problems with the drone?  I think my DJI Go starts up automatically when I connect the controller - I'm assuming that option can and should be switched off?

You obviously can only have one app running at the same time. If you switch from one app to the other you have to shut the first one down. But yes, you can have both installed at the same time.
2018-8-15
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

RubiconCSL Posted at 2018-8-15 02:48

I wouldn't.  Both have big resource demands and having them battle for resources when swapping between Apps.  When I fly I only have ONE app running on either my phone or tablet.  Airplane Mode is enabled blocking as many system interruptions as possible.
2018-8-15
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

saviour Posted at 2018-8-15 03:16
You obviously can only have one app running at the same time. If you switch from one app to the other you have to shut the first one down. But yes, you can have both installed at the same time.

I agree... INSTALLED, but NOT running at the same time.
2018-8-15
Use props
RubiconCSL
lvl.1

Thanks.  So bearing in mind lots of people moan about DJI Go and most agree Litchi has more functionality, is there any reason to use DJI Go?  Does it do thing Litchi doesn't?
2018-8-15
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Nice one thanks for sharing
2018-8-18
Use props
Nancy SEO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434849 ft
United States

I've said these same things here again and again. If DJI would open up the options Litchi has for doing in depth mission planning/uploading, true pano functionality, I wouldn't even use Litchi.
2018-8-18
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

RubiconCSL Posted at 2018-8-15 12:41
Thanks.  So bearing in mind lots of people moan about DJI Go and most agree Litchi has more functionality, is there any reason to use DJI Go?  Does it do thing Litchi doesn't?

There are several setting in Go that don't show up in Litchi.   I have never looked at it as one is dominant over the other as much as they compliment one another.   
2018-8-18
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

Nancy SEO Posted at 2018-8-18 05:32
I've said these same things here again and again. If DJI would open up the options Litchi has for doing in depth mission planning/uploading, true pano functionality, I wouldn't even use Litchi.

I honestly think that's what DJI wants.
VC TECHNOLOGY must be infinitely smaller than DJI. How to explain that their program has more features and works better than DJI GO?
I can only understand that DJI GO is actually the rock in DJI's shoe
2018-8-18
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Yes, DJI should be completely green in the head of envy. It's is incredible as few errors we can find in Litchis code. If there is one, it will be corrected typically within a week.

I'm already afraid what new error DJI will add to there DJIGO4, when they probably vill ad their maybe next quads to the program.   

Regards Leif.
2018-8-18
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Bought and installed Litchi, and man, what a pleasure to fly without any video lag, freezes and "no signal" errors. Still getting my head around everything, but at least not rocket science.

What i would like to see different, is the camera etc settings to be a slider and not the +- it is at the moment.
How can we ask Litchi to change that, anyone know?
2018-8-20
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

Charissa Posted at 2018-8-20 03:42
Bought and installed Litchi, and man, what a pleasure to fly without any video lag, freezes and "no signal" errors. Still getting my head around everything, but at least not rocket science.

What i would like to see different, is the camera etc settings to be a slider and not the +- it is at the moment.

Try e-mail to this link:

Litchi Beta Tester

2018-8-20
Use props
georgieB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33212 ft
Philippines

Does APAS work on Litchi while doing waypoints flying?
2018-9-9
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use Litchi mostly for waypoint flying.  I have dozens of preset missions saved and use them every week.  I do some construction video things, and having the same missions to fly every week makes it so much easier and consistent.

I do this for both the MavicAir and P4.  I use both iPad Mini 4 and CS 7.85 and usually have both apps running at same time with no issues here.

For most adhoc flights I use the DJIGO4 app, as it just seems easier for basic flying.
2018-9-9
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

saviour Posted at 2018-8-14 22:14
Litchi is awesome but also has some downsides! But both apps together complete everything. I wish DJI Go had the options Litchi provides. It would be perfect. Sadly, there is a bug in between those apps. If you change the controller settings on Litchi, it also changes the controller settings on DJI Go but not to the same control settings for some reason but others.

What setting  are changed in DJI Go?
2018-9-9
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.3

Just using it for waypoints and orbiting.
2018-9-9
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

When is Litchi going on sale again?

2018-9-9
Use props
georgieB
lvl.4
Philippines

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2018-9-9 16:22
I use Litchi mostly for waypoint flying.  I have dozens of preset missions saved and use them every week.  I do some construction video things, and having the same missions to fly every week makes it so much easier and consistent.

I do this for both the MavicAir and P4.  I use both iPad Mini 4 and CS 7.85 and usually have both apps running at same time with no issues here.

Hi DroneGuyEd.  Have you at any point when you do waypoint flying tried activating APAS on the mavic air?
2018-9-9
Use props
georgieB
lvl.4
Philippines

LordoftheFlies Posted at 2018-9-9 19:01
Just using it for waypoints and orbiting.

Hi LordoftheFlies. Have you ever tried using APAS while doing waypoints flying
2018-9-9
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Germany

Christine96 Posted at 2018-9-9 17:04
What setting  are changed in DJI Go?

For example:

In DJI Go I have the Right C button for AE lock.
When I use Litchi, I have the right C button for waypoint at aircraft. When I go back to DJI Go, the AE lock settings changes to open camera settings.
2018-9-9
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.3

georgieB Posted at 2018-9-9 19:53
Hi LordoftheFlies. Have you ever tried using APAS while doing waypoints flying

I am not sure if you can. I normally fly high and above my obstacles.
2018-9-10
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

georgieB Posted at 2018-9-9 19:51
Hi DroneGuyEd.  Have you at any point when you do waypoint flying tried activating APAS on the mavic air?

Not yet,  Most of my missions are done with the P4 in clear air areas near a construction site.
2018-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules