Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air very good machine but...
911 20 2018-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Soterisk
First Officer
Flight distance : 1199685 ft
Cyprus

Our Air are a good flight machine but we have make every time some check list to avoid errors.
1. Always fly with fcc mode and 5.8gh band. Usually I used the 149 channel.
2. Do not make update immedietly. Wait for confirmation from beta users.
3.make sure your motors are balance via touch sensing with your hands.
4.Avoid to use every time the RTH faction.
5.Avoid to use the autonomous flight modes and fly manually.
6.Use a powerful mobile or tablet for your flight.
7.Do not stress the battery.
And many more..  
2018-8-14
Use props
Paul_IA
Captain
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Good list but most of that would apply to drones in general though.
2018-8-14
Use props
GDL
First Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

Yes, you need to know the limit of your bird to fly it safely.
2018-8-14
Use props
nixuspix
Captain
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Have to agree to the words above - the same i am applying to my Spark as well
2018-8-14
Use props
Cindav
lvl.3
Flight distance : 108140 ft
Australia

What do you mean by point 3?

How do you do that?
2018-8-14
Use props
DJKOR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2035676 ft
Papua New Guinea

A generic "use 5Ghz over 2.4Ghz" isn't a simple "go to" standard. It comes down to interference and knowing your surroundings. While 2.4Ghz from other devices will cause more interference as it is more common, it more importantly has the ability to transmit further so if your surrounding environment isn't as noisy with 2.4Ghz, then you can actually benefit using that over 5Ghz.
2018-8-14
Use props
Gimbali
Captain
Flight distance : 1086276 ft

Cindav Posted at 2018-8-14 22:00

How do you do that?

Yes, I'd like to know that too.
And if you decide they're not balanced, what then?
2018-8-15
Use props
Roundhouse_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13228 ft
Netherlands

not everybody lives in the USA...

5.Avoid to use the autonomous flight modes and fly manually.

Why? if you check where to use the autonomous modes you should  be alright.

2018-8-15
Use props
Soterisk
First Officer
Cyprus

Cindav Posted at 2018-8-14 22:00

How do you do that?

When you take out the props and start the motors and touch the legs one by one and fill the vibrator.
My method is simble.
Start the motors and pull up the left stick.
You can fill the prblematic motor. I put one small pice of tape in radom spot at the first and if the vibrator is worse then I try to the opposite site and for several points and with patience I do the best balance of my motors.
I was put tapes to 3 motors of 4 of them. The forth motors was OK.
Is a small deferment but I hear my drones noise more smooth.
2018-8-15
Use props
Soterisk
First Officer
Cyprus

Roundhouse_ Posted at 2018-8-15 03:47

not everybody lives in the USA...

I am from Cyprus, so we are in Europe protocol. I changed it to fcc.
If you are 100% sure to avoid collision then is OK to fly with autonomous modes.
2018-8-15
Use props
Roundhouse_
lvl.4
Netherlands

Soterisk Posted at 2018-8-15 14:46
I am from Cyprus, so we are in Europe protocol. I changed it to fcc.
If you are 100% sure to avoid collision then is OK to fly with autonomous modes.

How did you change this to FCC, i live in the netherlands and really have no idea i even had the option
2018-8-16
Use props
saviour
First Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Roundhouse_ Posted at 2018-8-16 00:39
How did you change this to FCC, i live in the netherlands and really have no idea i even had the option

With GPS Fakers, check youtube,  there are plenty of videos. It's illegal though, don't forget that.
2018-8-16
Use props
Roundhouse_
lvl.4
Netherlands

saviour Posted at 2018-8-16 01:16
With GPS Fakers, check youtube,  there are plenty of videos. It's illegal though, don't forget that.

oh ok, well i dont like to anything with a thing thats called a gps faker on on gps depended drone. makes the adviice to always fly FCC a little strange to me
2018-8-16
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

As do the comment about the legality.
2018-8-16
Use props
saviour
First Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Roundhouse_ Posted at 2018-8-16 04:27
oh ok, well i dont like to anything with a thing thats called a gps faker on on gps depended drone. makes the adviice to always fly FCC a little strange to me

Basically you tell your phone you are in a FCC area while you are actually in a CE area. Then you start your DJI Go App and the app thinks you are in a FCC area and will change your mode to FCC, too. Then you deactivate your GPS Faker so your map and GPS works correctly and when DJI Go app then wants to change back to CE you just press cancel and your drone will stay in FCC.
2018-8-16
Use props
Matthew Chirico
Captain
Flight distance : 769160 ft

never have, never will use RTH. I just never trusted it and always manually land
2018-8-16
Use props
WayneMHK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Chirico Posted at 2018-8-16 05:41
never have, never will use RTH. I just never trusted it and always manually land

Oh, you'll use it someday.  You may not initiate it, but you'll use it.  Never is a long time.
2018-8-16
Use props
Merced69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 327096 ft
Canada

You need to know and understand the RTH function, and set it up correctly for your surroundings.  Then if you have any issue with phone or RC, your aircraft can still land correctly where you want it.  Pushing the drone beyond its limits, or not setting up the drone correctly for a safe RTH, will cause issues.  I have safely used RTH when connection was lost and it does work incredibly well, at over 1000m out it landed back to with .5m of the takeoff spot.  It can also be cancelled at any time.
2018-8-16
Use props
joe.balcius
lvl.1
United States

DJKOR Posted at 2018-8-14 22:16
A generic "use 5Ghz over 2.4Ghz" isn't a simple "go to" standard. It comes down to interference and knowing your surroundings. While 2.4Ghz from other devices will cause more interference as it is more common, it more importantly has the ability to transmit further so if your surrounding environment isn't as noisy with 2.4Ghz, then you can actually benefit using that over 5Ghz.

I'm with you here.  There seems to be a widely believed myth that 5ghz is "Better" than 2.4.  The reality is different.  As you said it all boils down to interference.  If you are flying in an area where there are a ton of 2.4ghz signals, then you will likely be better off using 5.  Other than that 2.4 is a more reliable and longer range signal.  Shorter wavelength signals just travel better.  All that said, these days, 5ghz is getting more crowded these days.
2018-8-16
Use props
DJKOR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2035676 ft
Australia

joe.balcius Posted at 2018-8-16 08:28
I'm with you here.  There seems to be a widely believed myth that 5ghz is "Better" than 2.4.  The reality is different.  As you said it all boils down to interference.  If you are flying in an area where there are a ton of 2.4ghz signals, then you will likely be better off using 5.  Other than that 2.4 is a more reliable and longer range signal.  Shorter wavelength signals just travel better.  All that said, these days, 5ghz is getting more crowded these days.

Longer wavelengths travel further, but I know what you mean

As for the comments from the OP about balancing the motors, If you have an imbalance in your motor, I'm pretty sure this is not a good thing and you shouldn't have to be messing with your own DIY balancing. Also, all this is pretty much null the moment you attach the propellers. If you were properly going to balance things, you will be doing so with the props. But then if you had an issue with that, I would be changing the props rather than attempting a DIY fix.
2018-8-16
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Nice list thanks for sharing
2018-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules