Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Repairs after crash
931 11 2018-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
top_billing
lvl.1

United States

I recently crashed my P2 and damaged one of the arms badly.  Both the shell and one of the ESCs needed to be replaced.  To be extra careful, I also replaced the motor (M2) from the damaged the arm.  I made sure to get use the correct version of the ESC and motor with the replacements.  I repaired everything, but when I try to lift off the drone tilts backwards in the direction of M2 and M3.  I checked the soldered connections inside and everything seems fine.  No matter what, I'm unable to get the drone to lift off straight up.

Can this be repaired or should I just sell it for parts?

Thanks
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We're sorry to read the troubles. It is not recommended to repair at your end which may void the warranty. If you need further assistance, please kindly start a case and send it in from here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2018-8-14
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Let's see a photo of the P2 with the top off.  Thanks
2018-8-15
Use props
top_billing
lvl.1

United States

[size=14.6667px]Update: performed basic and advanced IMU calibration on verified level surface. Performed compass calibration. Bird is still immediately tilting backward upon take off with full throttle. To get a better sense of the exact direction it tilts, I anchored it and could then see that it's tilting downward towards M3 which is the ESC/motor that I replaced. I assume this means that it's not getting the same amount power/lift as the other motors. Attaching pictures. Did I solder poorly? Any ideas? IMG_20180815_095845.jpg IMG_20180815_095814.jpg IMG_20180815_095801.jpg
2018-8-15
Use props
Scott Dreger
New

United States

top_billing Posted at 8-15 06:13
Update: performed basic and advanced IMU calibration on verified level surface. Performed compass calibration. Bird is still immediately tilting backward upon take off with full throttle. To get a better sense of the exact direction it tilts, I anchored it and could then see that it's tilting downward towards M3 which is the ESC/motor that I replaced. I assume this means that it's not getting the same amount power/lift as the other motors. Attaching pictures. Did I solder poorly? Any ideas?[view_image][view_image][view_image][Image]

It looks like your red and yellow wires are backwards.
2018-11-26
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Good eye, Scott.
2018-11-27
Use props
Scott Dreger
New

United States

Hope it’s helps
2018-11-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Somewhere out there in this world, the OP means to thank Scott for his help...
2018-11-27
Use props
top_billing
lvl.1

United States

Thank you!!
2018-11-27
Use props
KEJ
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Scott Dreger Posted at 11-26 16:55
It looks like your red and yellow wires are backwards.

Well spotted
2018-11-27
Use props
Tree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

red and yellow wires are a cold solder joint, this can cause problems.

edit:
after looking at the rest they all look cold soldered

2018-11-28
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95144 ft
United States

Tree Posted at 11-28 10:20
red and yellow wires are a cold solder joint, this can cause problems.

edit:

Replaced my P2 shell often. You cant kill it ;-).

I would double check those solder joints as others have mentioned.  Heat that soldering gun up and tin the tip. Some of those look a tad scary.
You get airborne, its a great drone and easy to work on. Obviosuly they are out of warranty now,.

2018-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules