Can I use a Gopro Hero 6 with the Oslo Mobile 2?
12819 17 2018-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maveriksam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 417500 ft
United Kingdom

I'm a DJI man through and through. Can I use the Osmo Mobile 2 with a Gopro?
What potensial problems do you think I may have?

Thanks in advance.
2018-8-14
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 4522884 ft
  • >>>
Italy

have a look here : https://forum.dji.com/thread-161376-1-1.html
where I used Osmo Mobile with GoPro hero 6 ...

let me know there , what do you think about
2018-8-15
Use props
Maveriksam
lvl.4
United Kingdom

AirButterflyDrone Posted at 2018-8-15 00:47
have a look here : https://forum.dji.com/thread-161376-1-1.html
where I used Osmo Mobile with GoPro hero 6 ...

Very nice.
Thanks.
2018-8-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. However, we do not recommend using third-party accessories for Osmo mobile 2.
2018-8-15
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 4522884 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-15 05:53
Hello there. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. However, we do not recommend using a third-party app for Osmo mobile 2.

Hi

Thanks for the continuous support  I've always found useful and I always found the right answers for my doubts ... so ...
T H A N K S   A G A I N    A N D      A G A I N   

I definitely do not want to suggest third-party applications and special features ...

In my way of working, I often try different solutions and ways to try something new

so , in this my last journy time ,  unfortunately,  I was using my lovely Osmo Mobile  with iPhone 7 Plus fitted on , which does not fit with my beloved Osmo Mobile

first because the phone is big and heavy, I think it's very close to the Osmo limit

and then , becouse my Iphone 7plus was with a unperformer battery

so... I simply tried to take advantage from my osmo at the best that was possible there

I bought an simple "cheap"  adapter for the GoPro Hero 6 and used it as a camera mounted on the osmo.

to make my MotionLapse, I used djiGo app and the his appropriate function (2 hours, moving from position A to position B)

the phone was on a tripod connected with a recharger  and  gopro mounted on the osmo, taking pictures, night mode every two seconds

the gopro camera was perfectly balanced and so did not cause any problem or excessive effort on the automated gimbal engines of OsmoMobile

I know, having the opportunity, to buy a Ronin-S paired with a Sony A9 ... wuuaooo, it would be crazy, wonderful, incredible ...

but there I did not have this possibility and at the same time, I did not want to miss the chance to shoot incredibly beautiful shots of this panorama that I met during my journy in Qatar ...

I hope you like it ... and first of all I would not want to be misunderstood ...

this was just a simple test ...

surely it's much better , easy and cheap to use appropiate device fit on Osmo Mobile that this kind of improvised solution

but ...exactly in that limited moment it was much better than nothing...

2018-8-15
Use props
Maveriksam
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-15 05:53
Hello there. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. However, we do not recommend using a third-party app for Osmo mobile 2.

I was never talking about using a third party app, I just wanted to know if the Gopro would fit onto the Osmo.
Surely a Gopro is lighter than any phone thus less stress on the Osmo motors.
2018-8-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Maveriksam Posted at 2018-8-15 08:22
I was never talking about using a third party app, I just wanted to know if the Gopro would fit onto the Osmo.
Surely a Gopro is lighter than any phone thus less stress on the Osmo motors.

Yes, I understand. I apologize for the mistake. In regards to the GoPro, we do not highly recommend to use third-party accessories since that will automatically void the warranty once the unit will get damaged because of the accessory.
2018-8-15
Use props
Maveriksam
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-15 08:44
Yes, I understand. I apologize for the mistake. In regards to the GoPro, we do not highly recommend to use third-party accessories since that will automatically void the warranty once the unit will get damaged because of the accessory.

Hi DJI Wanda

Can you please explain in what way you think the Gopro will damage the Osmo..
2018-8-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Maveriksam Posted at 2018-8-15 10:34
Hi DJI Wanda

Can you please explain in what way you think the Gopro will damage the Osmo..

Hi, in any case, that the handle will be damaged whilst install the third party camera that will fall under our after sales policy, meaning. the warranty will be voided due to modification. Please see the link below for our after sales policy.

https://www.dji.com/service/policy
2018-8-15
Use props
Maveriksam
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-15 11:12
Hi, in any case, that the handle will be damaged whilst install the third party camera that will fall under our after sales policy, meaning. the warranty will be voided due to modification. Please see the link below for our after sales policy.

https://www.dji.com/service/policy

Ok thanks.
So your saying I will be modifying the Osmo to instal a Gopro to it?
2018-8-15
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think you can buy mounts for the GoPro or you could rig something yourself just balance it good...
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Maveriksam Posted at 2018-8-15 11:38
Ok thanks.
So your saying I will be modifying the Osmo to instal a Gopro to it?

Hi, thanks for the reply, damage caused due to using the third party product will void your warranty. Please let us know if you need our help.
2018-8-16
Use props
Maveriksam
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-16 09:52
Hi, thanks for the reply, damage caused due to using the third party product will void your warranty. Please let us know if you need our help.

Hi Tony

Now that is more like the response you should of given first time.
Thank you.

Now I fully understand your concern.
2018-8-16
Use props
Maveriksam
lvl.4
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-8-16 05:00
I think you can buy mounts for the GoPro or you could rig something yourself just balance it good...

Than k you for the advice.
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Maveriksam Posted at 2018-8-16 12:46
Hi Tony

Hi, thanks for the response. Please let us know in any case you need our assistance. Thank you for understanding.
2018-8-17
Use props
Mars5150
lvl.4
Flight distance : 391493 ft
Germany

RE: Can I use a Gopro Hero 6 with the Osmo Mobile 2?

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-16 09:52

...doubt!
Also my iPhone is a third party product or my Moto X from Motorola. Both are not DJI...
Or if I use a non mentioned phone...
2018-10-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mars5150 Posted at 2018-10-16 02:42
...doubt!
Also my iPhone is a third party product or my Moto X from Motorola. Both are not DJI...
Or if I use a non mentioned phone...

Hi, Thanks for noticing us. The Osmo mobile needs to use a phone that was perfectly tested with our engineers. Apparently, the GO pro 6 is small to be fitted on the Osmo mobile handle that you may need to use an accessory on it, however, I'm afraid that there's a possibility that we might damage the Osmo mobile itself if the size would not be perfectly fit. Please let us know for the support.
2018-10-16
Use props
Letmedronelk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 606969 ft
Sri Lanka

Maveriksam Posted at 2018-8-16 12:46
Hi Tony

Yes you can use gopro with osmo mobile but you need to buy an adopter.
2018-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules