Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO APP anhancement suggestions
512 5 2018-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Battistella
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154521 ft
Italy

Hello,

So, I have been using the Mavic and DJI GO 4 app for a while now and I have a few suggestions to make the experience better.

1. Can you giver us users the ability to sync and remember settings across devices.  Like if I switch from iPhone to IPad the experience is exactly the same?

2. Can you give me an option to format my SD card on startup.  I rotate cards between flights.  It would be cool if your app had a user definable preflight checklist that comes up on startup before a flight that I can cycle through (at least util these things become automatic).  

3. DJI GO APP EDITOR.

Can you just have a mode where I select the number of clips lets say 2,3,4 5 or whatever and then then I select the number of shots.

So I pick 4 clips and 20 shots and then the app just gives me 20 4 second shots with no music or anything. Or If I pick 1 long clip and 10 shots the app just randomly does a precut.

This then opens in the editor and I can smoke shots around delete, etc.

Happy Droning everyone.

David
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the feedback and suggestions for better improvement. We will consider your idea and forward it to our R&D engineers. I would like to inform you that we do have an option in the DJI GO 4 app that will allow you to reformat your SD card.  Please see the link below.

2018-8-15
Use props
Battistella
lvl.3
Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-15 14:58
Hi, thanks for the feedback and suggestions for better improvement. We will consider your idea and forward it to our R&D engineers. I would like to inform you that we do have an option in the DJI GO 4 app that will allow you to reformat your SD card.  Please see the link below.

[view_image]

Thank you Tony for the reply.

I know i can format with the DJI go app. The problem ia that i often forget to format because i generally change carda when the drone is turned off.

This is why i was suggesting that the user can create their own cuatom Preflight checklist with the app

Think of it like a reminder on your phone.

For example. I would put in:

1.double check ISO and shutter
2. Format SD card 3. Set max flight altitude
4. Make sure the homepoint has been updated.
5. Set Return to Home altitude

Sometimes in a hurry we overlook these things. It might be a good option to give users their own customizable checklist. They can create.

Your app already does a lot of it.

The more important thing is the editing stuff which i think your users will love.

David
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Battistella Posted at 2018-8-16 01:34
Thank you Tony for the reply.

I know i can format with the DJI go app. The problem ia that i often forget to format because i generally change carda when the drone is turned off.

Hi, thanks for the response. I will add this information to our R&D engineers. Please keep us posted in any case you need our help. Thank you.
2018-8-16
Use props
Battistella
lvl.3
Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-16 11:24
Hi, thanks for the response. I will add this information to our R&D engineers. Please keep us posted in any case you need our help. Thank you.

Thank ytou Tony,

I have another request. As you know a lot is going through a pilots mind when flying. Today i lost a shot because i stopped and then did not restart the recording. (I take full responsibility).

But then i thought, what if the record button was ONLY RED when it is actually recording. I grabbed some quick shots on my iphone SE and the screen is pretty cramped. So what i would suggest is that the record button is another color, like maybe yellow and only turns RED when the recording is engaged.

Now, it is RED all the time and it can make you think you are recording when you are not.

Also.
RTH altitude and MAX flight altitude should be beside each other in the menu.

Before i fly those are two things i check and change before every take off. If they were beside each other it would save keystrokes, time and battery life to keep me flying longer.

David
2018-8-17
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Nice idea thanks for sharing
2018-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules