926 9 2018-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Homeyjay
lvl.3
Flight distance : 33606 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, I’m getting this warning lately on an iPhone 6 Plus which is ONLY being used for DJI GO4. All other apps have been deleted, no background processes are allowed, phone is on airplane mode. No mail is not setup and there is no SIM card in the phone. The phone is getting very hot and obviously the app is pounding the CPU!
Why is this happening?

2018-8-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. May I know if the issue is still the same when using a different a different APP? Do you have a different phone to use so that we can isolate the issue? What is the the version of your DJI Go 4 app?
2018-8-15
Use props
DrMagical
lvl.4
Flight distance : 959879 ft
United Kingdom

This has been discussed here before. Recent thing, must be a bug in the latest DJI GO 4 app. Definitely not the power of the phone which should easily be able to handle the app. I've had the error reported on iPad mini 4.
2018-8-15
Use props
Homeyjay
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, I don’t have Any other apps on this phone (other than the ones I can5 delete) so I can’t try anything else. No other apps have ever been run on it since I factory reset and installed the latest DJI app from the App Store. The problem doesn’t happen if I use my iPhone X but I don’t want to use my iPhone X for this purpose.
2018-8-15
Use props
Homeyjay
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, I’ve seen it reported before over a year ago and the problem seems to still be here. When are you going to fix it DJI?
2018-8-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Homeyjay Posted at 2018-8-15 02:50
Hi, I don’t have Any other apps on this phone (other than the ones I can5 delete) so I can’t try anything else. No other apps have ever been run on it since I factory reset and installed the latest DJI app from the App Store. The problem doesn’t happen if I use my iPhone X but I don’t want to use my iPhone X for this purpose.

Hi, sorry for the late response, unfortunately, if the error message will not prompt on the iPhone X, I'm afraid that the issue will be the capability of your phone to process our DJI GO 4 app.
2018-8-16
Use props
Homeyjay
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So why is it on the list of ‘approved’ devices then?
That’s what made me buy it in the first place. Not exactly amused at this response to be honest..
2018-8-16
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

It is a bug I think
2018-8-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Clear out some stuff out of the go app. When I got this message I cleared out the Go4 app
now I don't keep any photos or videos and only keep 30 days of flight records.
I haven't received the error since. I'm using the mini iPad 2 wifi version.
2018-8-18
Use props
Homeyjay
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 2018-8-18 05:01
Clear out some stuff out of the go app. When I got this message I cleared out the Go4 app
now I don't keep any photos or videos and only keep 30 days of flight records.
I haven't received the error since. I'm using the mini iPad 2 wifi version.

Done all this, cleared out cache, removed ALL background tasks from iPhone, removed EVERY other user installed app, switched off WiFi, switched off Bluetooth, switch to aircraft mode, removed simm card, re start iPhone before EVERY flight and the phone has had a diagnostic for problems run at the Apple store and passed everything.

I don’t think there’s anything else I can do. Time for DJI to man up and admit an issue with the app and stop blaming everything else for the error. If the phone is too weak to run the app, then stop putting it on the list of approved devices - I’ve just spent £200 on a phone that doesn’t work properly with the app and am not amused.
2018-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules