Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Yellow/Autherization zone, Intelligent Flight Modes?
1279 13 2018-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mittens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1906 ft
United States

I had a friend tell me his Spark locked out all intelligent Flight modes when he flew in a authorization zone (yellow).

I have googled, and searched on here, and not found a thread directly on it?

Can anyone confirm or deny that for sure?   He is a brand new Drone pilot, so not sure he knows all the ins and outs of the app its self but was flying authorized in the zone..
2018-8-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out . regarding with your question if you're in the Authorization zone your Aircraft will cannot take off since you need to have a permission before you can fly your Aircraft and you need to unlock it as well and to give you an idea you can check the no fly zone here https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map
2018-8-15
Use props
Mittens
lvl.4
United States

WOW another HORRIBLE response from DJI..... do you even read the question.

taking off in the authorization zone was not the question........ I know how to do that, and so does my friend.     DOES flying in said zone lock the intelligent flight mode?
2018-8-15
Use props
Mittens
lvl.4
United States

No one know the answer here?
2018-8-15
Use props
djiuser_c3DRkGMGlhUW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 710807 ft
United States

Should not affect the flight modes at all.
2018-8-15
Use props
Mittens
lvl.4
United States

I would not think so either.  but can anyone confirm?
2018-8-15
Use props
sica
First Officer
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

Set the maximum flight height of 49 meters. See if you can take off.
2018-8-15
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Custom Unlocking may disable certain autonomous features like waypoint navigation on the Phantom 3 Series, Inspire 1 Series, M100 and other models. Please plan to fly your equipment manually.

So, if he flew in a place in which he needed an unlock code, then this is expected behavior. I discovered this the hard way.
2018-8-15
Use props
Mittens
lvl.4
United States

sica Posted at 2018-8-15 11:21
Set the maximum flight height of 49 meters. See if you can take off.

DO you read?  I have zero issues taking off the thread is not even about that.
2018-8-15
Use props
Mittens
lvl.4
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-8-15 11:24

Custom Unlocking may disable certain autonomous features like waypoint navigation on the Phantom 3 Series, Inspire 1 Series, M100 and other models. Please plan to fly your equipment manually.

Well that is said in the custom unlocking part, but the Self unlocking part does not state that.  Which is the yellow zone?
2018-8-15
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
United States

Mittens Posted at 2018-8-15 11:34
Well that is said in the custom unlocking part, but the Self unlocking part does not state that.  Which is the yellow zone?

Seems to depend on the location -- one yellow zone might allow self-unlocking while another require codes. In my case I was near the DC RFZ. Do you know which case your friend was operating under?
2018-8-15
Use props
Mittens
lvl.4
United States

Yes he was in the "Eglin AFB/Destin-Ft. Walton Beach" which is the Biggest yellow zone I have ever seen.  and where I am going tomorrow.
2018-8-15
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
United States

Mittens Posted at 2018-8-15 12:09
Yes he was in the "Eglin AFB/Destin-Ft. Walton Beach" which is the Biggest yellow zone I have ever seen.  and where I am going tomorrow.

Well, good luck to you and let us know what happens. It's been so long since I had my run-in that things could have changed.
2018-8-15
Use props
Mittens
lvl.4
United States

Thanks.  

I have asked a lot of detailed questions, and then tested some with going in and out of zones, and so far nothing DJI has said was true... so I don't know what to expect... Hopefully don't get stuck and land in the water. haha
2018-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules