Ronin S powered up but Motors not working
25224 37 2018-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KamRonin
New

I just got mine yesterday, balanced it out and powered on. The gimbal is powered but the motors do not move at all! Tried upgrading the firmware too but no change. The only error I get is in the app is the status shows a red ! for PAN. Although I have balanced out the Pan as well.

Any thoughts on what the issue maybe?
2018-8-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Ronin, just to verify, has the Ronin S been activated successfully? May I know have the SN for double check? Also, please kindly offer the screenshot of the error message, the issue video and your current location, we'd like to check the exact status and see whether it can be figured out remotely. Sorry for all the inconvenience.
2018-8-16
Use props
KamRonin
New

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-16 01:55
Hi Ronin, just to verify, has the Ronin S been activated successfully? May I know have the SN for double check? Also, please kindly offer the screenshot of the error message, the issue video and your current location, we'd like to check the exact status and see whether it can be figured out remotely. Sorry for all the inconvenience.

Hi there, yes the Ronin S was activated successfully but the motors dont work and I cannot update the firmware. I get an error message suggesting the device is not connected (photo attached)
Also, I have attached a photo of the Status issue. Although the Ronin is fully balanced, I get a stastus error with Pan!

Can you send me an email so I provide you the SN privately? I am located in Toronto, Canada.

"
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KamRonin Posted at 2018-8-16 04:21
Hi there, yes the Ronin S was activated successfully but the motors dont work and I cannot update the firmware. I get an error message suggesting the device is not connected (photo attached)
Also, I have attached a photo of the Status issue. Although the Ronin is fully balanced, I get a stastus error with Pan!

Sorry, we do not have authorized email address for now, please kindly send the SN in PM, we'll check the exact status and try our best to help you out.
PM.png
2018-8-19
Use props
djiuser_3m4sc0v83a0p
New

United States

I am also having the same problem and updates on how to fix?
2018-12-24
Use props
hemaja
New
Ecuador

My Ronin S powers on correctly but motors just wont engage. I´ve been using it for 3 months without any problem until I tried to upgrade to the latest version and the upgrade had and issue that made me disconnect the gimbal from my computer during the upgrade. Now the motors just wont work. When I connect my ronin s to my computer using the dji pro assitant all the old upgrade appear to be not installed and it wont install any upgrade at all. And when I try to connect to the ronin app a message with a disconnection appears. Please help me DJI. I already tried installing the app on my iphone and on my computer and stays the same. It powers on without making the usual sound it makes and I can use the M button to navigate trough profiles but motors just wont work.
2018-12-27
Use props
xray9
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mine arrived and activated ok through the app but the motors are unresponsive. It connects up fine, I can see lights on the battery and on the handle, though in the app the battery is reading as dead. Auto tune or any other calibration fails. I checked on my MacBook and its all up to date.
2019-1-4
Use props
mplavins
lvl.1
Latvia

Hey! Any answers/ solutions to this problem?
Had been using S for 4 months, had this problem maybe 2 months ago, connected to charger (although the battery was charged) and after disconnecting and a little bit of thinking it came to life. Next 2 months everything was working fine until couple days ago - now can't get it back to life. What the hell is going on? Any solutions or just warranty?
2019-5-1
Use props
DBMSR
New

Australia

KamRonin Posted at 2018-8-16 04:21

Hey man,

I am experiencing the same things stating that the Pan status has (!) with it. Its on but the motor does not work as. Did DJI gave you a solution?

2019-6-13
Use props
UNLIMITEDN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21175 ft
Peru

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-16 01:55

Hi, I am presenting the same problem.

The Serial of my RONIN-S is:

0EMDF7C00D019G
2019-6-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

UNLIMITEDN Posted at 6-15 19:25
Hi, I am presenting the same problem.

The Serial of my RONIN-S is:

Just to verify, the firmware updating is successful, right? As for the disconnection, does it appear recently? You may change to another mobile device or reinstall the App to check.
2019-6-16
Use props
UNLIMITEDN
lvl.2
Peru

DJI Susan Posted at 6-16 23:31
Just to verify, the firmware updating is successful, right? As for the disconnection, does it appear recently? You may change to another mobile device or reinstall the App to check.

The update arrives 99% and then says failed upload, it gives a red alert below that there is no WIFI connection.

As for my ronin s I have tested on 3 devices

2 android, 1 iphone and 1 ipad

and the problem continues
2019-6-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

UNLIMITEDN Posted at 6-17 05:39
The update arrives 99% and then says failed upload, it gives a red alert below that there is no WIFI connection.

As for my ronin s I have tested on 3 devices

Thanks for the clarification. Please kindly refer to the below and export the log, I'll forward to our engineers for analysis, thanks in advance!

windows:C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\DJI Assistant 2\RONIN\log
Mac:~/Library/Application Support/DJI Pro Assistant For Ronin⁩ /⁨Contents⁩/⁨DJIApp

2019-6-19
Use props
UNLIMITEDN
lvl.2
Peru

DJI Susan Posted at 6-19 00:20
Thanks for the clarification. Please kindly refer to the below and export the log, I'll forward to our engineers for analysis, thanks in advance!

windows:C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\DJI Assistant 2\RONIN\log

Hi, I use Mac for updates
2019-6-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

UNLIMITEDN Posted at 6-19 06:21
Hi, I use Mac for updates

For Mac PC, you may refer to the below: ~/Library/Application Support/DJI Pro Assistant For Ronin⁩ /⁨Contents⁩/⁨DJIApp
2019-6-20
Use props
UNLIMITEDN
lvl.2
Peru

DJI Susan Posted at 6-20 01:35
For Mac PC, you may refer to the below: ~/Library/Application Support/DJI Pro Assistant For Ronin⁩ /⁨Contents⁩/⁨DJIApp

Link Log

Greetings attached the log
2019-6-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

UNLIMITEDN Posted at 6-20 13:17
Link Log

Greetings attached the log

Received with thanks! Double checked with our engineers, it is the hardware issue and cannot be figured out remotely, please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis:  
2019-6-20
Use props
UNLIMITEDN
lvl.2
Peru

DJI Susan Posted at 6-20 23:53
Received with thanks! Double checked with our engineers, it is the hardware issue and cannot be figured out remotely, please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis:  https://www.dji.com/support thanks!

Hi, thanks for checking, but the problem now is that I live in Peru, Lima where the DJI RONIN S was bought.
2019-6-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

UNLIMITEDN Posted at 6-21 06:35
Hi, thanks for checking, but the problem now is that I live in Peru, Lima where the DJI RONIN S was bought.

You may contact your seller to help to send the unit in.
2019-6-22
Use props
Metafi
lvl.1

Australia

Hi, i am also having the same issue with the motors on the ronin-s that i am using. the actual gimbal itself will power on but the motors will not, I have as well tried to update the firmware but this has just left me with repeated connectivity issues leaving me unable to update it. The app has given me a red exclamation mark next to all three of the motors when I have checked the status of the gimbals. do you have any suggestions as tp how i may be able to fix these issues?
2019-6-29
Use props
djiuser_tnlR3qHU6bm9
New

I have same problem.
Bought Ronin s three days ago. Came for shoot 2000 kms from home. Had a wonderful shoot first day then I put this on charge. Now it's fully charge. When I switch it on even leaving the charger in it juz memory green light comes no motors fire up. Ronin app can't find any devise. Plzz suggest m stuck in a remote area
2019-9-8
Use props
djiuser_4y298LjCQ9tu
New
Australia

i tried to turn on my gimbal just to test when i bought and it worked then put it back to the case and waiting for my control cable type B! i never use it to any events! i just leave it in the case then for a couple of weeks and this december when i tried to test it for this coming event! the gimbal power not working anymore!!!! can anyone help me?
2019-12-12
Use props
carrion241
New
Australia

I’m Experiencing the same problem described above, I have used my Ronin S, only 3 times, Motors are unresponsive,  when turning on :
1.-  battery grip shows up fully charged (4 green light bars  lit up)
2.- Gimbal unit,  powers On normally (green light) lit up
3.- Ronin’s  Focus Wheel  has the red light flashing
4.- Ronin App, doesn’t find/ Connect to Ronin S, Battery indicator shows up 0%
Can anyone help please!
2020-1-12
Use props
Cesar Tejada
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

I'm experiencing some kind of that problem too. On recent updates when I turn on the Ronin-S sometimes the green light turns on but not the motors, then I turn off the Gimbal and turn it on again and the motors start. That kind of thing never happened to me before. Sometimes makes me little bit scare, I hope this is a Firmware issue.
2020-1-16
Use props
hanselardisongmail.com
New

Indonesia

xray9 Posted at 2019-1-4 07:17
Mine arrived and activated ok through the app but the motors are unresponsive. It connects up fine, I can see lights on the battery and on the handle, though in the app the battery is reading as dead. Auto tune or any other calibration fails. I checked on my MacBook and its all up to date.

Same here.
2020-2-6
Use props
djiuser_ai5eiCQLD8wC
New

Egypt

DJI Susan Posted at 2019-6-20 23:53
Received with thanks! Double checked with our engineers, it is the hardware issue and cannot be figured out remotely, please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis:  https://www.dji.com/support thanks!

Please my new ronin stop moving suddenly
2020-3-19
Use props
Ralph Godspeed
lvl.1

United States

So I just got a new Ronin S, it was working right out of the box, then I started to update the firmware, I would constantly get an update fail notice. Then the motors just stopped working even though everything was on. What I found was that the battery was drawing too much power from my Macbook Pro and it would it would stop the connection. So I used a thunderbolt 3 hub that had external power. It updated til 99% before the update fail. Retried one more time and it was successful and my Ronin S works now. I couldn't find anything online for a fix to this so I wanted to post this right away. Hope this helps.

DJI Ronin S Update Fail Troubleshoot
2020-6-19
Use props
Ralph Godspeed
lvl.1

United States

So I just got a new Ronin S, it was working right out of the box, then I started to update the firmware, I would constantly get an update fail notice. Then the motors just stopped working even though everything was on. What I found was that the battery was drawing too much power from my Macbook Pro and it would it would stop the connection. So I used a thunderbolt 3 hub that had external power. It updated til 99% before the update fail. Retried one more time and it was successful and my Ronin S works now. I couldn't find anything online for a fix to this so I wanted to post this right away. Hope this helps.

Dji update fail troubleshoot
2020-6-19
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

so you should charge the devices fully before and then update them to avoid this!
2020-6-20
Use props
Ralph Godspeed
lvl.1

United States

Indio Posted at 6-20 11:32
so you should charge the devices fully before and then update them to avoid this!

The issue isn't that the Ronin S isn't fully charged, if it drains even in the slightest it'll start drawing power from the USB port which in turn seems to disconnect it as a safety feature for drawing too much power. And yes, I did already try that.
2020-7-3
Use props
guigofesta
lvl.1
Brazil

carrion241 Posted at 1-12 21:43
I’m Experiencing the same problem described above, I have used my Ronin S, only 3 times, Motors are unresponsive,  when turning on :
2.- Gimbal unit,  powers On normally (green light) lit up

I have the exact same problem!
2020-8-4
Use props
guigofesta
lvl.1
Brazil

I updated to the last firmware and then out of nowhere the motors stoped working.  The Ronin is on and fully charged but the motors don't work.  also i cannot update the firmware anymore, it shows an error and that the device is disconnected.
2020-8-4
Use props
fans539a0e9e
lvl.1
Brazil

carrion241 Posted at 1-12 21:43
I’m Experiencing the same problem described above, I have used my Ronin S, only 3 times, Motors are unresponsive,  when turning on :
2.- Gimbal unit,  powers On normally (green light) lit up

I have the same problem and no one from DJI has a solution for it.
2020-8-5
Use props
Farrukh Ali
New

Pakistan

Hello, i was using dji rsc2 for about 6 months and suddenly pan motor started to act rough, also sometimes gimbal powers on and motors doesn't work at all. Any possible fix for it?
2021-11-14
Use props
Gi2
New

Italy

My trusted Ronin S, two weeks and two years after activation, just stopped working. Balanced, tuned, tested in the morning with same old camera and setup and it was ok as usual. On set in the afternoon, no more power to the motors. I tried ALL to restore/reset. No luck. The gimbal is on, the LEDs are ok, the start/stop works, the focus wheel works fine. Just the motors are paused. If I try to unpause by the app, I got a warning about an overload of motors because of an unbalanced camera. But it's not: the camera's balance is perfect. And I always got 0 satellite GPS warning for the first time. Tried to update firmware and app from the ones I got from start and I never changed because it was always fine. The update fails at 99%, no matter which version of firmware, which port/pc/cable I use (starting from provided one) and how many time I unplug and restart the process.  The error message on last DJI Assistant is "gimbal is not connected"!!! It just seems to me the gimbal was deactivated by DJI. I used the gimbal no more than 10 times in two years, the battery health is perfect, and the gimbal was never abused. It's all about programmed obsolescence of goods like the inkjet printers? I already wrote to DJI assistance but I need to use it this weekend for a shooting. Maybe someone could help me, please? Thanks in advance.
2022-3-24
Use props
djiuser_C5rogcgv0xDT
New
Flight distance : 261985 ft
United States

I was having the same problems I opened it up a little and saw that the white connection was slightly unplugged, but as soon as I plugged it in my motors came back to life
2023-6-20
Use props
djiuser_C5rogcgv0xDT
New
Flight distance : 261985 ft
United States

djiuser_C5rogcgv0xDT Posted at 6-20 04:55
I was having the same problems I opened it up a little and saw that the white connection was slightly unplugged, but as soon as I plugged it in my motors came back to life

2023-6-20
Use props
BernardoBeraldi
New

Brazil

Has someone discovery the solution? Same issue here....
1-9 06:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules