External Bluetooth GPS for iPhone 8
802 2 2018-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rtrdsgm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145830 ft
United States

I fly my MP from a boat on a very large lake.  When I attempted to use ActiveTrack features with Dynamic Home Point, the DJI Go 4 App reported something like "unable to update home point.  Weak GPS." Same thing with trying to update my RTC setting during non-ActiveTrack and/or Sport Mode operations.  Same message.

I purchased a Dual XGPS150A, updated its firmware to the latest version.  Dynamic Home Point has improved from inoperative to intermittent, and attempts to update my RTC point still fail.

Am I missing something?  I thought the Bluetooth GPS (Dual App reports it is working perfectly, strong signals) would replace my iPhone 8 GPS transparently and properly report Dynamic Home Point and RTC GPS data to the aircraft.

I await wisdom and enlightenment from those more experienced. Pretty new MP pilot.  54 flights, many over water from my boat capturing cool video memories of my grand-kids tubing, my wife waterskiing, etc ...

2018-8-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. The drones need to detect enough GPS signals to set a home point and if the GPS is not enough on the specific location then I'm afraid that the dynamic home point will not work as well. I would recommend calibrating the IMU and compass for the drone to detect GPS signals properly and choose location wherein there's enough signal for you to maximize the usage of your drone. Please let us know if you need our help. Thank you.
2018-8-16
Use props
rtrdsgm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145830 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-16 11:13
Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. The drones need to detect enough GPS signals to set a home point and if the GPS is not enough on the specific location then I'm afraid that the dynamic home point will not work as well. I would recommend calibrating the IMU and compass for the drone to detect GPS signals properly and choose location wherein there's enough signal for you to maximize the usage of your drone. Please let us know if you need our help. Thank you.

Tony:  I thought Dynamic Home Point was based on my phone/tablet GPS signal?  That's my question:  I added a Bluetooth GPS device to improve my phone signal, and Dynamic Home Point during ActiveTrack worked!  But a simple in-air refresh of "Return To Controller" did not.  I assume that RTC is also dependent on my phone/tablet GPS.  It was good enough to work with Dynamic Home Point, but not good enough for RTC refresh during flight.
2018-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules