Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro Help After Crash
1276 8 2018-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BoddaH1994
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2251 ft
United States

Hello everyone,

I recently had a crash with my Mavic Pro.  The result was a damaged gimbal.  It was giving me the infamous "gimbal motor overload error" and no video feed.

Since then I replaced the gimbal arm, ribbon cable, and video cable.  I now have a video feed, but the gimbal still slams to the left and right and then sits askew without allowing me to have control.  My friend who is a tech guru did all this work for me.  He suggested replacing the front sensor/camera/gimbal board next, but he asked me to post on here to see if my issue would be condusive to that board going out.  Has anyone had any experience with this?  Are there any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
2018-8-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Have you tried to recal the gimble
2018-8-15
Use props
BoddaH1994
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2251 ft

I did. It gets to 5% and hangs there. Today I fired it on and got a “Gimbal Obstructed” error. That’s new (but it makes sense). Is it also possible that my replacement ribbon cable was bad? Seems like most of this is similar to a bad ribbon cable.

Thanks again!
2018-8-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, unfortunately, the warranty of the drone has been voided due to that we've tried to fix the drone by replacing the internal parts of the unit, however, you can also send the unit to one of our recommended service in any case that you cannot really fix the issue so that they could take care of your drone. Please see the link below.
https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2018-8-16
Use props
Celsus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

It may or may not be camera board, try another ribbon cable first. I would buy a complete gimbal/camera assembly and keep what you have for spares.
2018-8-16
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

did you solve it?
2018-8-22
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

btw the way welcome to the forum
2018-8-22
Use props
Pd Pat
New

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-16 12:19
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, unfortunately, the warranty of the drone has been voided due to that we've tried to fix the drone by replacing the internal parts of the unit, however, you can also send the unit to one of our recommended service in any case that you cannot really fix the issue so that they could take care of your drone. Please see the link below.\

https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers

Off optic but how do I contact Hayley from Dji Support
2018-9-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Pd Pat Posted at 2018-9-9 17:51
Off optic but how do I contact Hayley from Dji Support

Hi, I have replied to your message. Please see your inbox for further help. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules