DO NOT VIEW if squeemish - Drone video shoot accident
3140 21 2018-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Denmark

Actress being filmed involved in serious accident by failure of drone pilot ...

I really advise not to view if you are at all squeemish.

This girls career is over ... if anyone is in any doubt about even the smallest toy drone and what they can do ... this certainly puts paid to that.

Nigel
2018-8-15
Use props
NM_Quad
lvl.4
United States

Should have used a DJI drone!  Fortunately, looks like she was stunned more than injured.
2018-8-16
Use props
Plank!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 526798 ft

NM_Quad Posted at 2018-8-16 12:59
Should have used a DJI drone!  Fortunately, looks like she was stunned more than injured.

That IS a DJI drone...
2018-8-16
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Phantom with standard nylon propellers is about the limit for flying close to people, anything bigger is asking for trouble and not a sensible risk.
2018-8-16
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Netherlands

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-8-16 13:29
DJI Phantom with standard nylon propellers is about the limit for flying close to people, anything bigger is asking for trouble and not a sensible risk.

I have micro drones as well .... believe me - they can cut just as bad ... take eyes out ... and is why I think the Spark and similar sales vids are bad ... they actively promote flying in closed spaces and very close proximity even inside groups of people.

My point in listing the video was to show those who think flying is easy and to go close to people / animals etc. can even with a Professional on the sticks go wrong.

We are flying machines with rotating meat cleavers on them.

Fly safe people please ... that young lass is now scarred for life ...

Nigel
2018-8-17
Use props
Al S. Alice's Handler
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50259 ft

Amusement park guy comes to mind when watching this...
2018-8-18
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, Inspire to the face.  Darwinism wins again.  
2018-8-18
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Omg that is terrible  
2018-8-21
Use props
Anonymously_Unknown
lvl.3
Flight distance : 602303 ft

Jamaica

NM_Quad Posted at 2018-8-16 12:59

That's an official DJI Inspire unit.  If GPS wasn't enabled, then I feel it is pilot error, although flying so close to another individual is inexcusable.  The tilt on the unit indicates (to me) that it wasn't wind that blew it, but incorrect stick input.  What you see splashing "upward", is her hair as it gets tangled, and not actual blood.  In either case, I'm convinced that her skin would have been cut (possibly ending her career).  This is a very unfortunate incident which will require enforcing even more regulations.
2018-8-21
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

I do not understand some comments here ... if you watch the video till the end - you will see that large part of her face and nose are seriously carved open ...

There's no 'maybe cut' about it ... her face is destroyed.

Nigel
2018-8-21
Use props
Plank!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 526798 ft
United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 2018-8-21 06:07
I do not understand some comments here ... if you watch the video till the end - you will see that large part of her face and nose are seriously carved open ...

There's no 'maybe cut' about it ... her face is destroyed.

Actually the girl in the video was - remarkably - only bruised.

https://fstoppers.com/aerial/model-gets-hit-face-drone-129982

***  Wouild not want to risk this with the carbon blades on my inspire, may not be so lucky...

2018-9-14
Use props
P4P+_Brazil
lvl.4
Brazil

Very lucky.
2018-9-14
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

OK - so there is an element of maybe editing in the video posted ... adding in a face that is seriously cut up.

It does not alter the fact - propellers small through large are MEAT CLEAVERS looking for a convenient chunk of meat to carve up.

If the girl did only suffer bruising - she is VERY VERY lucky. I know other people hit by props that have not been so lucky and bear scars / injuries for rest of the lives.

Nigel
2018-9-15
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

ouch, I bet that hurt. Do you know the outcome ?
2018-9-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 2018-9-15 01:20
OK - so there is an element of maybe editing in the video posted ... adding in a face that is seriously cut up.

It does not alter the fact - propellers small through large are MEAT CLEAVERS looking for a convenient chunk of meat to carve up.

I do not see anything in the video to resemble injury, perhaps you are referring to the video thumbnail you saw as you was browsing, if thats the case then yeah, they are normally  created in such a way as to entice more viewers, you know the type, hot model on the thumbnail of a Fails video, many will click that in the hope she might be in there, so in this case, drone injury would entice more than  a pic of a drone hitting a girl, hope that makes sense, click bait is all, ive been though the video 3 times and not seen anything untoward.....
2018-9-15
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

When I cut and pasted the video link - it was from a news report that also had a picture of her face after the incident. It was slashed wide open and her nose peeled back. It was why I advised people about content. Since then - I cannot find the report to show the photo they used ...

Obviously a media report with an agenda that has subsequently been pulled by looks of it. When I found that report - there were no photos of Ms Adams to compare as now.

But anyway - as I say - I still maintain that extreme care and reference should be made to safe flight and not to risk any person ... Ms Adams was very lucky if the later photos of bruising only are true. It needed only an inch or two different in height of the Inspire and the outcome would have been horrifically different.

Nigel
2018-9-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Shocking to see.
2018-9-16
Use props
djiuser_QxDGRA9u55YH
New

United Kingdom

There's a 2nd part to this video. The girls injuries are horrific.
It was a professional model shoot apparently.
2019-11-8
Use props
djiuser_QxDGRA9u55YH
New

United Kingdom

This one
2019-11-8
Use props
djiuser_QxDGRA9u55YH
New

United Kingdom

This one