Android Pie issue
2582 14 2018-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sudodhan
lvl.1
India

Using pixel 2(android P).. Just bought osmo mobile 2.. Trying to use different lapse modes, but it is disconnecting and taking me back to normal video mode every time.. Can't make a timelapse, motionlapse or hyperlapse for more than 10 seconds at all.. Tried several uninstallation and reinstalled, but of no use... Even normal video mode is getting disconnected.. Although my final is always connected to my mobile.. But can't use any video mode for more than 10 sec.. Is thr any issue regarding android P compatibility with dji go 4 app..?
http://No video thread
2018-8-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Can you try to use a different mobile device? Since the Google Pixel 2 is not compatible with Osmo mobile 2. You may double check it here: https://www.dji.com/osmo-mobile-2/info#downloads
2018-8-16
Use props
Sudodhan
lvl.1
India

But the pixel 2 and pixel 2XL are exactly the same phone with same camera setup, mobile hardware and software settings.. Just the size and dimension are different(which hardly matters here for dji go 4 app to work smoothly ) in my opinion
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Sudodhan Posted at 2018-8-16 18:33
But the pixel 2 and pixel 2XL are exactly the same phone with same camera setup, mobile hardware and software settings.. Just the size and dimension are different(which hardly matters here for dji go 4 app to work smoothly ) in my opinion

I understand your side, sir. However, the reason why I'm asking this is because these are the mobile devices that have been tested by our engineers. Also, this is only recommended. For using another mobile device that's not listed here, it may work, or it may not and since on your end, the current mobile device that you're using is not functioning smoothly with the Osmo mobile 2, we recommend to use a different device to check if it's in the mobile device or in the unit itself.
2018-8-17
Use props
kegobeer
lvl.2
United States

My Pixel 2 worked perfectly before I upgraded to Android Pie. After the upgrade I had issues but ultimately got the app working, but there is definitely a problem with Pie and the app/sdk.
2018-8-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

kegobeer Posted at 2018-8-17 12:22
My Pixel 2 worked perfectly before I upgraded to Android Pie. After the upgrade I had issues but ultimately got the app working, but there is definitely a problem with Pie and the app/sdk.

Hi, sorry for the late response, unfortunately, our DJI GO/DJI GO 4 app is not yet optimized with the latest Android Pie. Rest assured that we will do our best for the app to be compatible with the latest operating system, regardless if this will be an Android version or iOS. Thank you for understanding.
2018-8-17
Use props
kegobeer
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-17 12:51
Hi, sorry for the late response, unfortunately, our DJI GO/DJI GO 4 app is not yet optimized with the latest Android Pie. Rest assured that we will do our best for the app to be compatible with the latest operating system, regardless if this will be an Android version or iOS. Thank you for understanding.

Tony, can you provide any updates on when a new version can be expected?
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

kegobeer Posted at 2018-8-25 20:13
Tony, can you provide any updates on when a new version can be expected?

Hi. Thank you for the response. As of now, we don't have any confirmation coming from our engineers on when exactly be the new version will release. You may visit our website from time to time for some updates.
2018-8-26
Use props
kegobeer
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-26 02:40
Hi. Thank you for the response. As of now, we don't have any confirmation coming from our engineers on when exactly be the new version will release. You may visit our website from time to time for some updates.

Any updates on this?
2018-9-15
Use props
IGBW
lvl.1
United States

Any news on the Android Pie update? I have DJI Phantom and just bought a Osmo 2 mobile neither of which work since the Pie update!
2018-10-6
Use props
IGBW
lvl.1
United States

I read somewhere about how DJI's APP that doing a hard restart might fix it. I gave it a try and now the DJI app seems to be running stable now and setup my new  Osmo Mobile 2 and my Phantom works again.
2018-10-7
Use props
stormense8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40030 ft
Sweden

DJI goes hard on there commercial with DJI Osmo Mobile 2 but I think it on place DJI tell people that not all mobile is working with your app. Good to now if you want to purchase a DJI Osmo Mobile 2 because the extra "DJI GO before P4" gives.

DJI GO 4 works fine with Pie and I can fly my Mavic Air.DJI GO before P4 works now after october 30 update on Android 9 Pie but hangs some times when recording. You can't stop the video no eather go out from videmode and it not recording. You beleve it's recording when you look at the marker on the screen but the only way to now if its hangs it to try stop recording.
2018-11-1
Use props
DonMega
New
Australia

Sorry I'm a little late to the thread. But having an issue with the DJI Go before P4 app on my Google Pixel 3. The app crashes as soon as it loads. is there a fix or update coming soon? latest update was on 30 October?
2018-11-21
Use props
djiuser_cAIcWgxRLL3Z
lvl.1

Portugal

Hi there,
I found a simple solution for that problem (that i was also facing with Android 9)
Just put your Android Phone into Airplane Mode then, turn on wifi and connect to you Osmo.
Next, open your DJI Go App and... voilá...

It worked for me
2019-2-12
Use props
MichaelDolphin
New

Australia

djiuser_cAIcWgxRLL3Z Posted at 2-12 08:50
Hi there,
I found a simple solution for that problem (that i was also facing with Android 9)
Just put your Android Phone into Airplane Mode then, turn on wifi and connect to you Osmo.

Yes! Thank you so much, this works on Samsung Galaxy S9+ running Pie
2019-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules