Spare parts for sale for Phantom 3 Pro
5018 17 2015-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mikey14
lvl.3

United States

I just received my P3P and I haven't flown it yet. I have seeing a lot of people saying that they have crashed their Phantoms because of several different reasons. Well I am now a little afraid to fly it until they get the firmware in order and can be trusted. Since no one sells parts yet, I am will to strip mine down and send you the part that you need. Gimbal, props, motors, boards, battery, shell, controller parts, etc.
As of right now, the P3P hasn't been touch. If interested send me an email and we can discuss what part you need. Contact me at bigshady00@gmail.com
2015-5-26
Use props
Jimw_61
lvl.1

United States

A bargain at twice the price
2015-5-26
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Fascinating! I'm not ready to go that route - at least not yet!

Someone yesterday posted something that caught my attention. It was a "schedule" from DJI showing what parts are warrantied for what periods. I had previously read that they were recognizing only 90 days for a battery warranty.

Regardless of what the numbers are, they are no longer meaningful to me. I've crashed my Phantom 3 - twice. Once was a gentle tumble into a palm tree across the street. The Phantom fell down about 6 or 8 feet, the battery was ejected and my heart was in my throat. Cleaned off some grass stains on the props - they were neither bent nor obviously damaged. Battery landed in the grass - didn't even collect any dirt. Plugged the battery back in, turned everything off and started over. Worked like a champ!

Then, in a much more publicized crash several days later, my Phantom nose-dived onto the roof, narrowly averting disaster (if you can't be good, you need to be lucky!). Broke a prop and "dented" the body a teeny, tiny bit. Apparently nothing serious was damaged and I've been flying fine - albeit somewhat more cautiously - since then, with no problems of any kind. However...

In the event something fails during the warranty period, I would assume I don't have a leg to stand on. I can't believe any warranty in the world would protect one from failure of *anything* following a crash that was truly, totally pilot error. But it does put me (and others like me) in an interesting position.

I can tear my bird apart if I like, see what makes it tick, how did it get put together, etc., without a worry in the world. The warranty is already over and I can do anything I want without retribution from the warranty gods!

Not quite the same as winning the lottery though, huh? LOL
2015-5-26
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Aburke, you break my heart with the stories of your crashes!

I'm happy everything still works. And honestly, I would not bet that the warranty is over, even if you've crashed it.  But it is a sensitive issue - just like Apple will know if your iPhone has been dunked in water - and if it does not work, thats like the reason (no warranty). But your main-board failing later is likely not caused by a tumble at some point. But honestly; if your Phantom works, I would guess it will likely keep working (just don't crash it so much, please!). DJI build-quality is very high in general. It is a solid machine - but there is bound to be some lemons.

You have probably heard me preach this before in this forum - but in my opinion it is a good idea to take baby-steps when going about learning this quadcopter-flying-thing. No need to rush it - and suffer the excruciating pain of having to send your Phantom away - maybe for months - to some repair-center that is overworked with damaged Phantoms, losing the best months of its life (where it is all new and "the best" - because lets face it - it won't be for long. I know for a fact that my Phantom 2 Vision+ is sitting in a corner like the toy in Toy Story that the kid does not want to play with anymore...).

Taking your first flights on your street with trees and houses is - in my book - highly risky. Go somewhere with room, nice open place, no other people to distract you etc. But even better, do what I did before getting my first Phantom; buy a small cheap training quadcopter that flies with the same principles as the Phantom - but does not have an expensive and fragile camera/gimbal attached to it. I got a Hubsan X4 and it is a lot of fun, and teaches you to fly without all the aids of the Phantom (no GPS-hold etc.). Being able to master the little drone and you will feel more confident (and not crash!!!) flying your Phantom. But each to his own   I can only offer suggestions and share my experience.

The thing is, flying a Phantom isn't difficult. But it is not as easy as the marketing might suggest either... I compare it to driving a car. Driving a car is easy! If you know how to drive a car! So you need to learn - and taking chances with a Phantom 3 is in my opinion a bit risky, unless a total write-off is completely without consequence to you.

There is also the Simulator, which could be somewhat useful - at least getting the basics down. But I liked learning on a small quadcopter that I crashed many many times (it held up pretty good). Knock on wood, I've not crashed my P2V+ or my P3, and I have flown the P3 50 times/10 hours or so already - and my P2V+ several times more than that. The key to that is also; not taking too many chances! Acknowledge that distance is VERY difficult to judge at distance. And so is speed! I do enjoy flying close to things to get some good footage. But I make sure I stand in a way so I have good overview and don't just "hope" it all goes well.

Good luck.

RE: Selling as spare parts. I doubt there will be business sense in that. Lets face it - the vast majority of parts that will be needed - because this is what is the most fragile and what people destroy most - is the camera/gimbal-assembly. You only have one of those. And the price should be $500-600 when they get them. Someone might pay more because of the shortage - but it still has to be way below the price of a new P3. I love the idea. Doubt there is real business sense in it. If I had to pay 50-70% of the price of a new just to get the camera, I would likely opt for a new one (and perhaps sell what was left as spare parts if that would make any sense). Just my 2 cents.
2015-5-26
Use props
shayd93
lvl.3
Flight distance : 247306 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm lucky or at least my P3 is, I have about 20-25 flight on it so far in Brooklyn, NY and had no accidents yet. I'm being extra careful because New york means ''No space'' and people will sue you for just as much as a leaf blown into their eye by the props force.
2015-5-26
Use props
Mikey14
lvl.3

United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-27 08:15

I'm happy everything still works. A ...

I'm sure you know just like everything expensive item that it would probably cost twice as much to build the same unit with the same parts if you bought every piece separate. We buy them as a package so it's cheaper.
So you think the a gimbal package would cost upwards of $500-$600? Sounds reasonable for it being one of the main parts and such a nice camera for the size.
What about the main board? How much you think those would run?
2015-5-26
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-27 08:15

I'm happy everything still works. A ...

Good advice all around. Fortunately, I can verify that both my crashes were pilot error and not failure on something in the Phantom. The crash into the palm tree was very slow. I think a prop touched the tree trunk and started to spin out of control. That was a very short fall into some grass.

The fall on the roof was also pilot error - ran into a wire. I just simply forgot I couldn't go where I was trying to go. The wire I hit is part of an antenna system for my amateur radio station. The guy wires for the tower are big - they're easily seen. The wire antenna is much smaller and darker and I forgot about until I heard the bzzzzzzz.

Since my Phantom is still flying just fine, my major disappointment at the moment is not having one of those ND filters you guys keep raving about. It is full-blown summer time here in central Florida. The sun is unbelievably bright - it's so easy for the video to get washed out - big time.

The light is much better in the real late afternoon into the early evening. But then the park where I've been flying gets more crowded - lots of children and lots of dogs! On the one hand I like to teach people about things they see me doing, but, at the same time, I don't want to attract that much attention.
2015-5-27
Use props
knupla2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 922 ft
United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-27 19:20
Good advice all around. Fortunately, I can verify that both my crashes were pilot error and not fa ...

Fortunately for us, no one else on these forums makes these errors.

Personally, [I'm still waiting on DJI] I have a set of prop guards in the box [been here for two weeks] behind me as I type.  For $20, I think it a good idea to protect myself the best I can getting started.  

Good luck.
2015-5-27
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
United States

knupla2 Posted at 2015-5-27 19:33
Fortunately for us, no one else on these forums makes these errors.

Personally,  I have a set o ...

On the one hand, the prop guards look really big, bulky and probably in the way of the camera a lot. On the other hand, had I been flying my Phantom with those guards it's a pretty safe bet crash number one would not have taken place and pretty good odds against the second one as well.

The gadget I'm looking for is something that lets my 70-year-old eyes identify the orientation once the Phantom gets more than 25 feet away from me! Thus far I've taken the cowards way out. Let go of the sticks and the Phantom jerks to a stop. Then I can nudge it in any given direction (preferably forward just for orientation sake), identify where it really moved and adjust the yaw accordingly so I then know for sure where the front is and where it's going.

Have you seen that YouTube video from eFlite where the guy is flying a quad at an awesome clip (apparently 25 - 30 mph pretty steady) through a playground/park and hardly ever runs into anything? His hand-eye coordination is spooky.
2015-5-27
Use props
knupla2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 922 ft
United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-27 20:09
On the one hand, the prop guards look really big, bulky and probably in the way of the camera a lo ...

At 69 in a month, I completely understand the  problem - unfortunately.

As to the guy with that video - I think he must be 20 years old and related to an Eagle with his vision....

Three surgeries later - I'm still not.
2015-5-27
Use props
phillbarnes9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40367 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I'm 75 and I think the P3 is the greatest thing for getting me off my chair and out into the fresh air and it is so easy to fly (and crash) I love it  
2015-5-27
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-27 20:09
On the one hand, the prop guards look really big, bulky and probably in the way of the camera a lo ...

Saw just the "gadget" you need here:  www.flytron.com/12-led-systems  (UK based company but I think you can also get this stuff on here:  www.readymaderc.com/store/index. ... p;cPath=505_509_513)

The model displayed above is here:  http://www.flytron.com/led-syste ... 4-stripes-pack.html
2015-6-27
Use props
Jadedlusion
New

South Africa

Hi there,

Did you ever strip your P3P?

Cheers, Justin
2015-8-5
Use props
Steve.Petry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 462621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Would you do better to list it on ebay?  Parting it out will take sometime and you will most likely be holding on to some parts for a long time

2015-8-5
Use props
DrACE
lvl.3

United States

I guess Im lost.  You bought a new drone, never flew it, and because a few people said they have issues with the update (mostly human error) you want to strip it down and sell it for parts?
2015-8-5
Use props
Vampiszon
lvl.2

Belgium

DrACE Posted at 2015-8-5 21:14
I guess Im lost.  You bought a new drone, never flew it, and because a few people said they have iss ...

The "waiting for the new firmware" stuff is just an excuse i suppose. Buying P3, taking it apart and selling the parts can make you a nice profit as parts are currently non-existent and some people, rather then buying whole P3 will buy parts.
2015-8-5
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Many Phantom 3 spare parts can be found here:
http://www.PhantomHelp.com/#ReplacementPartsP3

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-5
Use props
IMBULINATOR
lvl.2

United States

DrACE Posted at 2015-8-5 21:14
I guess Im lost.  You bought a new drone, never flew it, and because a few people said they have iss ...

Yeah, that's weird.
Then I saw his email address, bigshady00.  
2015-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules